You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

15 comments in this topic

[TRG]
Members
218 posts
2,863 battles

I just wanted to let wargaming know that the current matchmaking sucks. It is no fun when you play tier 5 in a tier 7 ship battle. YES, the ships are evenly divided, but that just doesn't make up for the difference in the ships itself. The tier 7's have 20+ km range, and more with the spotter planes, while the tier 5 has a max of 16-18 km range. Even if you get close enough to shoot them, that leaves you pretty vulnerable and gets target fired by all the ships. And this is the same case for the tier 8 with tier 10's. The tier 10's cruisers just sit behind islands and HE spam you with their 4 second reload and stuff, whereas the guy getting shot at doesn't even know where its coming from. Also, the matchmaking needs to consider the win rates of players on either side,  you can't have players with 55+% of wins against a team of 40+% wins. That's just gonna get 1 team steamrolled. Please do consider these tips.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[P_P]
[P_P]
Members
17 posts
2,233 battles
On 7/15/2018 at 6:05 PM, lungiwear said:

I just wanted to let wargaming know that the current matchmaking sucks. It is no fun when you play tier 5 in a tier 7 ship battle. YES, the ships are evenly divided, but that just doesn't make up for the difference in the ships itself. The tier 7's have 20+ km range, and more with the spotter planes, while the tier 5 has a max of 16-18 km range. Even if you get close enough to shoot them, that leaves you pretty vulnerable and gets target fired by all the ships. And this is the same case for the tier 8 with tier 10's. The tier 10's cruisers just sit behind islands and HE spam you with their 4 second reload and stuff, whereas the guy getting shot at doesn't even know where its coming from. Also, the matchmaking needs to consider the win rates of players on either side,  you can't have players with 55+% of wins against a team of 40+% wins. That's just gonna get 1 team steamrolled. Please do consider these tips.

Thats just the beginning, I seem to get put on teams that just get hammered, Im am by no means anywere near as good as most players but when my team is just destroyed within the first 5 minutes (truly 75% ) of the matches im in, seems to me the MM has its favorites and its quite obvious. .....and yes a machine that runs on numbers and codes can have favorites........ cant wait for comments on this one......hope the intelligence is there.

• Cool 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,865 posts
12,609 battles

@lungiwear 600 battles in you should be able to figure out how to make tier 5s work vs tiers 6 and 7. Get a buddy to division with you in a tier 4 whiz bang no tier 7s will appear! Once you get to tier 10 your worries will all be over wait for it !!!!!!!! It is just as easy for one tier 10 to wipe out another sometimes before you even find a target!!!!!

Members
1,564 posts
9,984 battles

I have to disagree. My Iron Duke does just fine in tier 7 battles. It can easily hold it's own when angled properly and it can sling some heavy fire damage to t7 BBs. Unlike tier 8, who are almost always outmatched in 80-90% tier 10 ship matches, with tier 5 you are rarely get battles with 9-10 tier 7 ships on each team.

This also goes for playing tier 5 DD, which is not vastly outclassed, there are few radar ships to deal with and you can stealth torp with the right play style.  

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
276 posts
8,478 battles

I don't mind the Tier 5 against Tier 7 that much, just yesterday was 27 battles everyone of them I was up tiered by two tiers ( WHY )? Did'nt matter what tier other than tier 9-10 but come on WG give us a break for once.

[CVA16]
Members
2,292 posts
9,862 battles
22 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Get a buddy to division with you in a tier 4 whiz bang no tier 7s will appear!

Are you sure about this? My thought is your Fail Division just drug a T 4 into a T7 match. I believe MM only uses the highest tier ship in the division, does not even consider the lowest. Not sure specifically about T4 and 5 but I know I have seen ships in battles that were below the normal MM spread because they were divisioned with a higher tier ship.

If this worked as you proposed, it would be abused heavily. The only Fail-Divisions that really don't matter are T9 and T10 combinations as the T9 is likely going to be in a T10 battle anyway. It will not allow the T10 to face T7s.

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Funny 1

[SMI-1]
Members
2 posts
10,613 battles
6 hours ago, Lunatic__Fringe said:

Thats just the beginning, I seem to get put on teams that just get hammered, Im am by no means anywere near as good as most players but when my team is just destroyed within the first 5 minutes (truly 75% ) of the matches im in, seems to me the MM has its favorites and its quite obvious. .....and yes a machine that runs on numbers and codes can have favorites........ cant wait for comments on this one......hope the intelligence is there.

I have put in multiple tickets. I have been on the losing side 12/14 today ant about 470/500 over the last few months. Bad luck just doesn't hold that long. I have paid them hundreds of dollars for premium time and premium ships and I still get screwed. I thing there is an algorithm to favor some players over others. Their replies to my tickets aren't convincing. I'm a better than average player and I'm still losing too much.

• Bad 1

[TRG]
Members
218 posts
2,863 battles
23 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@lungiwear 600 battles in you should be able to figure out how to make tier 5s work vs tiers 6 and 7. Get a buddy to division with you in a tier 4 whiz bang no tier 7s will appear! Once you get to tier 10 your worries will all be over wait for it !!!!!!!! It is just as easy for one tier 10 to wipe out another sometimes before you even find a target!!!!!

I dont think the division allows more than a 2 tier difference between the ships in the division. So if you have a tier 7 then the max you are allowed is tier 5 i guess. And in some matches, it doesnt even consider the lower tier in the division and matches it up with tier 8's. so the tier 5 ends up playing tier 8 and you are the only tier 5 as the enemy team wont have a tier 5 with them. I will be the only tier 5 since I am in a division.

I have literally been put in these kind of battles so many times, that I can survive a bit and do a little damage against 2 uptiered ships.  and right now I can even live with the matchmaking of the different tiers, but the teams that I get into are just plain horrible. If I am a tier 6 in a tier 8 and 7 battle and I end up at the top of the scoreboard of my team, that pretty much sums up the team. Wargaming really needs to fix that and just put in a system that also calculates the win rate % of both the teams before matching them up.

[_NAS_]
Members
5 posts
2,451 battles

Why not just use a one-up/one-down matchmaking system from tiers VII-X so we can mitigate the completely retarded radar wave? Honestly. Ships would face opponents much closer to their own tier, the match queue wouldn't be that much longer, and you wouldn't have lower tier players getting discouraged from playing so often because of being simply outmatched by bigger, better ships. Even if the queue time is longer, it only takes a few seconds now. It probably wouldn't be more than a minute or so with the one-up/one-down system. You have the numbers in your player base. But something else needs to be done because it's intolerable. 

Members
2,500 posts
5,485 battles

MM should have a multi choice of select battle modes.   Select  ONE Number: (1-3)

(1)  - EVEN Tier

(2) - Tier +1/-1

(3) - Tier +2/-2

AND I'm willing to WAIT 5 minutes or MORE to be placed.

[PRIME]
Members
10 posts
1,510 battles

Like to know when war gaming is going to give me a win. just went 0 for 7. O wait i don't pay. i play for free. that's why. sry my bad. 

Edited by FrozenFinger

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,865 posts
12,609 battles

Free or pay makes no difference A win is due to 1 team out playing the other and a loss is due to failing to out play the other. The only certain common factor in any loss or win is you! Determine what you alone are doing wrong that leads to a loss and fix that. Determine what you do right 7hat leads to a win and do that consistently.

Do you turn and run at first contact with the opponents? If so don't do that if you see that when you do your team loses.

Do you charge in full speed ahead and do little or no damage before getting sunk? It so don't do that if it leads consistently to a loss.

Do you look over as much of the as you can see what the opponents are doing? If not then please do and get to an area that your ship will be most effective.

MM has nothing to do with your losing are winning! Your choosing better actions and performing them better than the opponents has everything to do with the outcome.

These few suggestions will help you improve your wins vs losses numbers. Coming to the forum complaining about MM will not help you in any way. WG has already adjusted it several times and this MM is the best I have seen since closed beta testing in 2015!

• Cool 1

[TRG]
Members
218 posts
2,863 battles

I don't know about others, but after posting this on the forum I haven't been uptiered by 2 levels for the past 3 days. maybe only 1 match.  And like I said most players can live and survive in a battle with +2 tier ships. Its the players on the team that have tier 8 ships in a tier 6 battle that let you down. I mean if I am at the top of the scoreboard in a tier 6 ship with all level 8 and 7 ships , then that just tells you the story of the players on my team.  

WG should really a module in the MM that can calculate the win% on each team and atleast have it equal or as close to equal on both teams. so both teams have an equal chance of winning. I've ended up on a steamrolled side way too many times, and I went back and checked the win% of players on my team and they were like 30%....

[P_P]
[P_P]
Members
17 posts
2,233 battles
On 7/20/2018 at 6:25 PM, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Free or pay makes no difference A win is due to 1 team out playing the other and a loss is due to failing to out play the other. The only certain common factor in any loss or win is you! Determine what you alone are doing wrong that leads to a loss and fix that. Determine what you do right 7hat leads to a win and do that consistently.

Do you turn and run at first contact with the opponents? If so don't do that if you see that when you do your team loses.

Do you charge in full speed ahead and do little or no damage before getting sunk? It so don't do that if it leads consistently to a loss.

Do you look over as much of the as you can see what the opponents are doing? If not then please do and get to an area that your ship will be most effective.

MM has nothing to do with your losing are winning! Your choosing better actions and performing them better than the opponents has everything to do with the outcome.

These few suggestions will help you improve your wins vs losses numbers. Coming to the forum complaining about MM will not help you in any way. WG has already adjusted it several times and this MM is the best I have seen since closed beta testing in 2015!

Thank you for the good input, but as in all aspects of improvement, even the MM needs some assistance.

• Bad 1

[P_P]
[P_P]
Members
17 posts
2,233 battles

Well 5 battles today and all 5 were a slaughter loss, its ridiculous when some of the enemy team can even call the win.....enough is enough already, either start giving different players the favoritism or fix the issue, ive spent LOTS of my money on this game and its beginning to show me that its a bad investment.....I wont throw money in the trash....... have a wonderfull day..:cap_rambo: