Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grflrgl

Anyone else opened up the Legendary Module on the Mino?

6 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
149 posts
5,595 battles

Can't say that I really notice the difference.

Edited by Grflrgl

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
470 posts
12 minutes ago, Grflrgl said:

Can't say that I really notice the difference.

i havent unlock it yet but reviews say its actually one of the better ones

[_JSS_]
Members
6 posts

Just got the Legendary Module for the Minotaur. So what are the changes?

Smoke action time of 37 sec with a dispersion time of 96 sec.

The Good:

+150% action time of Smoke

+5% dispersion of enemy shells

The Bad:

-15% dispersion time of Smoke

-5% detectability (.4km)

Lets be honest here, you are only concerned with the last couple puffs of smoke as you shudder to a stop and finally(!) become concealed. Longer action time does not help with that.

Yes, you can cruse at ¼ speed and extend your smoke cloud for a few more puffs but ¼ speed is not very fast so that extended range is pretty small. I use that time to see if I have a chance at using torps on something while watching the smoke timer count down.

Your Torps have a 10 km range. Losing .4 km of concealment (8.9 to 9.3) might not seem like a big deal but when you are sweating each 1/10th of a km… yeah, it is a big deal.

I recommend using Smoke Gen Mod 1 until you get Enhanced Smoke Generator as you get five puffs of smoke instead of two but once you do get the Legendary Module go back to AA Gun Mod 2 for that 20% more AA range.

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,970 battles

If you stack it with the smoke mode 1 it gives you, 48.75 seconds with 91.75 duration. So at 1/4 Speed that's a long cloud bank. You could go forward at at 1/4 speed until the 24 second mark then go into reverse. That potentially gives you 3 minutes of smoke. Place it 10 km -11km before a cap point  and CA's should have a field day as long as there's someone who can spot for them.

Edit: I'm grinding stage 4 right now.  I'll have to go to a training room and game out some strategies.

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[-K-]
Members
614 posts
4,840 battles

That's a good review. Im slowly just playing towards this and in no rush so its good to hear that it will be worth picking up in random games!

Sign in to follow this