Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lt_Chrispy

Edinburgh, FCS (Is it worth the XP?)

2 comments in this topic

[KNTI2]
[KNTI2]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4 posts
2,256 battles

So as the title says, though semi-misleadingly, I am wondering on the communities opinion on whether or not the Fire Control System is worth grabbing for someone rushing down the line!

This is not to say I dislike the ship, seeing as she is quite enjoyable to play actually, and the play style is a nice breath of fresh air from my typical BB play, and USN cruisers.I just intend on getting to the Minotaur ASAP as that is my friends preferred tier of play. I also do not intend on going in with no idea on how to play the line.

Thanks for the input!
Lt_Chrispy

[AXANR]
Members
3,363 posts
16,663 battles

IIRC (and its been a while, I grinded RN cruisers when they came out) I skipped FCS on Edinburgh to save my XP for climbing to Minotaur faster and still did OK. I skip FCS fairly often when I'm powergrinding a line as my playstyle tends to focus on brawling and aggression and the opportunity cost of spending a bunch of XP on a 10% range boost doesn't pay off for my playstyle.

On a keeper or a ship that is optimized for long range fire, I will get FCS. But none of the high-tier RN cruisers are particularly effective at max range anyway; most of my damage and meaningful contributions to games were when engaging inside 10-11km. I kept Edinburgh for tier 8 ranked and eventually unlocked FCS just to have the range boost when I could use it, but the only time I'm engaging at max range is when I;m damage farming in a game that has already been decided and have no better targets close by and no survivable way to maneuver closer. If you're just getting to Mino ASAP, I think FCS is worth skipping. 

Sign in to follow this