You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CarbonButtprint

Will you keep Akizuki?

58 comments in this topic

Members
1,153 posts
3,146 battles

With the upcoming changes and introductions, many of us will face a choice- will we keep Akizuki? Let's face it, Kitikaze is a straight up upgrade, and will be much more fun to play not only because of the Akizuki nerfs but also because of the better torps, speed, and access to 6th slot. Harugumo is a different beast alltogether. Personally I will sell Aki to have enough credits to get Kitikaze/Harugumo but may buy her back for ranked or something (I held a 74% winrate exclusively with her last season). What will you do?

[PVE]
Members
9,822 posts
7,492 battles

When I get through Akatsuki, figure a year or so, I will keep Akizuki. I'm a ship hoard...um collector after all.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
9 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

With the upcoming changes and introductions, many of us will face a choice- will we keep Akizuki? Let's face it, Kitikaze is a straight up upgrade, and will be much more fun to play not only because of the Akizuki nerfs but also because of the better torps, speed, and access to 6th slot. Harugumo is a different beast alltogether. Personally I will sell Aki to have enough credits to get Kitikaze/Harugumo but may buy her back for ranked or something (I held a 74% winrate exclusively with her last season). What will you do?

Of course I will keep Akizuki.  I paid for the permanent camo for it so why wouldn't I.  Plus I actually enjoy playing tier 8 ships more than I do higher tiers.  So yes it will be a keeper.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,590 posts
3,753 battles

Akizuki gets the odd Tier VI top tier battle though. She is so strong its hilarious in those situations. Besides, just because there is a new kid in the block doesn't mean the old one should go away.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

No, I will sell it, the up coming nerfs to it, does not make it viable to keep anymore, and the newer Kitikaze will be its direct replacement with better everything, they are making it tough for people to grind through it now once the changes are implemented.

• Cool 1

[STURM]
Members
45 posts
16,313 battles

Yes, im keeping her. In competitive mode (ranked) she melts other DDs. 

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,571 battles

Only reason I'll get rid of her, is under the following circumstances:

There are 0 reasons to get rid of her.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,874 battles

Yep, Akizuki is my goto for T8 ranked.

[RLGN]
Members
8,288 posts
17,354 battles
18 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

...and will be much more fun to play...

(snip)

What will you do?

You’re kidding; right?

Why would I want to sell the only higher tier ship I actually think is fun?

I might still complete the line, but playing those tiers is a chore; like having to mow your yard in the current summer heat and humidity; it isn’t anywhere remotely like ‘fun.’

8 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Of course I will keep Akizuki.  I paid for the permanent camo for it so why wouldn't I.  Plus I actually enjoy playing tier 8 ships more than I do higher tiers.  So yes it will be a keeper.

Same.

8 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Akizuki gets the odd Tier VI top tier battle though. She is so strong its hilarious in those situations. Besides, just because there is a new kid in the block doesn't mean the old one should go away.

Hilarious is also catching a poor Ranger off by itself and farming it for 17 citadels.

1 minute ago, ArcDogRob said:

Yes. She is a beast in competition modes. Ranked with t8 ships - she melts other DDs

Agreed. My ship the last two Ranked.

(-)

People focus too much on min-maxing in games, and not enough on ‘fun,’ I think.

Colorado is almost universally hated; and yet my wr in it is around 60%. Fun in Colorado comes because people often underestimate and ignore it until they start getting hammered by those 16-inchers.

Members
712 posts
9,924 battles
28 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I'm a ship hoard...um collector after all.

I would have been one long time ago...….but asking 300 doubloons for a port slot is so stupid.

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
250 posts
2,178 battles

Yes.  I sold a lot of favorite tier tree ships in my mad dash to unlock (and pay for) Worcester. Now that I've gotten a taste of TIer X fighting,  I'm going back and getting my favorites again.  Ducky, thankfully, avoided the scrapper's torch.  

Beta Testers
1,865 posts
19,077 battles

I keep all my ships from tier (1) all the way to tier (10) and all my premium ships whether they are good or not , all 237 of them. Got rid of all my ARP and Dragon ships they don't count in my total...….   

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles

No I will not. Why? it major weakness that it turn like a battleship and can't escape easily when get caught.

[PVE]
Members
9,822 posts
7,492 battles
18 minutes ago, Airglide2 said:

I would have been one long time ago...….but asking 300 doubloons for a port slot is so stupid.

I got a bunch of port slots last Christmas for 75 doubloons each.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,178 posts
14,610 battles

Why would you sell off Akizuki?  She's a solid Tier VIII DD.  The Tier IX-X ones will be facing almost exclusively Tier IX-X themselves with the occasional VIII.  Akizuki at VIII still gets that chance to beat up on Tier VI-VII DDs and let me tell you, watching 'Zuki work those lower tier DDs is like watching a massacre.

Meanwhile the IX-X DDs of this line will see nothing but the likes of Z-52, Yueyang, Fletcher, Khab, Gearing, Des Memes, Worcester, Yamato, Montana, etc.

All.

The.

Time.

The fiercest, most dangerous ships in the game are all they'll see.

Meanwhile Akizuki has opportunities to beat up on Farragut, Hatsuharu, Mahan, etc.  She'll get the opportunity to farm damage off slow, easy to hit, easy to penetrate Tier VI-VII BBs.  Their superstructures in lower tiers are so thin that 'Zuki doesn't even need IFHE to pen them.  Sure, as a Tier VIII, she'll still see some IX-X matches, but she has her chances also to be a top tier monster.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

Members
712 posts
9,924 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

I got a bunch of port slots last Christmas for 75 doubloons each.

Right but when I needed them the most, WG wasn't really offering sales on port slots (this is going back 2 years roughly).  It will be to expensive to go back repurchase all those ships so I'm sunk.  I just press on since then.

Members
4,834 posts
5,599 battles

Yes. Even if the nerfs go through, Akizuki should still be fairly competitive in ranked, plus the HE pen buff will make it so she doesn't require IFHE, which will make moving a different captain into her easier as you'll only need 10 points to be competitive rather than 14.

[PVE]
Members
9,822 posts
7,492 battles
20 minutes ago, Airglide2 said:

Right but when I needed them the most, WG wasn't really offering sales on port slots (this is going back 2 years roughly).  It will be to expensive to go back repurchase all those ships so I'm sunk.  I just press on since then.

When they go on sale, I get as many as I can for upcoming lines.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,556 posts
4,427 battles

Selling Akizuki to make additional funds for Kitakaze.

• Cool 1

Members
1,347 posts
504 battles
1 hour ago, CarbonButtprint said:

mIxQz9l.gif

• Funny 1

[AK]
[AK]
Members
425 posts
22,443 battles
17 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Selling Akizuki to make additional funds for Kitakaze.

Same,  tho I regretted buying the perma camo for the bis,  fdg,  and akizuki

Members
712 posts
9,924 battles
19 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

When they go on sale, I get as many as I can for upcoming lines.

Damn straight!  Good man.