Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Toten

Is it just me or...

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

4
[ASHIP]
Members
30 posts
7,998 battles

Is it just me or does it seem only the best clans [ unicums] will have access to the the Stalingrad? If so thats weak...

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Haven't bothered looking into steel too much, but I believe its purpose is to make it to where not only the best have access to such things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
396
[ZR]
Members
960 posts
11,320 battles

Anyone can get the Stalingrad, you can earn steel in ranked and clan battles and while it helps to play through all the leagues in clan battles you can still earn steel in the lower leagues.

You can also fail your way to rank 1 so there is steel there, not to mention it will probably have stepped rewards like clan battles for steel.
If all else fails pray for supercontainers, they also can have steel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
697
[5D5]
Members
2,293 posts
14,409 battles

They will earn it first if they won 30 battles in each clan battle season but everyone else will be able to earn it in the Arsenal once you have enough steel.

No reason to hate on them, if you know what a grind it is to get to Typhoon league and earn 30 wins per member in each of the seasons you should respect their efforts.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
672
[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
10 minutes ago, Toten said:

Is it just me or does it seem only the best clans [ unicums] will have access to the the Stalingrad? If so thats weak...

Why, you need to win 3 flags, to do this you have to win 30 games in typhoon league over 3 clan sets of clan battles

If your clan isn't up to the challenge of winning 30 times in that league then why should you get a prize.

Who says that all clans are unicums that do complete the 30 wins

This is no different to any challenge set out by WG, if you do not complete it you do not win anything.

Edited by CriMiNaL__

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
449
[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
1 hour ago, MountainManxDan said:

Anyone can get the Stalingrad, you can earn steel in ranked and clan battles and while it helps to play through all the leagues in clan battles you can still earn steel in the lower leagues.

You can also fail your way to rank 1 so there is steel there, not to mention it will probably have stepped rewards like clan battles for steel.
If all else fails pray for supercontainers, they also can have steel.

This. So you can also get Stalingrad, will just take you a bit longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
13 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

This. So you can also get Stalingrad, will just take you a bit longer.

You actually mean his Great Grand Kids Might

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
567 posts
75 battles
1 hour ago, Toten said:

Is it just me or does it seem only the best clans [ unicums] will have access to the the Stalingrad? If so thats weak...

Is it me or does it seem only the best players get to win the Stanley Cup? If so that's weak.

Does rephrasing it that way help you to realize how silly your statement is?

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles
5 minutes ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

Is it me or does it seem only the best players get to win the Stanley Cup? If so that's weak.

Does rephrasing it that way help you to realize how silly your statement is?

Lol I love it.  You must be over 35.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,865 posts
19,077 battles

Honestly having the Stalingrad or not really doesn't matter to me . Already own 237 ships and got rid of all my ARP and Dragon ships and there's a lot more ships coming over the horizon …...

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles
1 minute ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

Honestly having the Stalingrad or not really doesn't matter to me . Already own 237 ships and got rid of all my ARP and Dragon ships and there's a lot more ships coming over the horizon …...

I got around 15 mil selling off all but two of the old ARP ships, helped speed my progress to Alsace which is now being castrated.  But really you're just juggling parameters a bit; after a while it shouldn't matter much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
567 posts
75 battles

BTW OP, Stalingrad is getting nerfed to below the bar that any reasonable-minded person would justify the effort to obtain it, even if they are in a unicum clan so don't beat yourself up over it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles
1 minute ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

41 but I always say I'm as young as my wife looks, so... 25 ;)

Haha got me by 2 years or so.  Still clinging onto it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,367
[SYN]
Members
4,549 posts
11,437 battles
2 hours ago, Toten said:

Is it just me or does it seem only the best clans [ unicums] will have access to the the Stalingrad? If so thats weak...

^^ Crashed out early in the 500 but thinks he should still get the winner's check and his likeness on the Borg-Warner trophy anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
567 posts
75 battles
1 minute ago, BullHalsey said:

Haha got me by 2 years or so.  Still clinging onto it.

I feel like we were the last end of the generation of personal accountability, work ethic and resourcefulness. The young folks coming up now are so incapable it's frightening to think of where we're headed. There's always exceptions of course but kids aren't being raised right because both parents are too busy working and using mobile devices as pacifiers.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles
8 minutes ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

I feel like we were the last end of the generation of personal accountability, work ethic and resourcefulness. The young folks coming up now are so incapable it's frightening to think of where we're headed. There's always exceptions of course but kids aren't being raised right because both parents are too busy working and using mobile devices as pacifiers.

Yeah, when we heard "kids these days" it came from the hardass WWII gen; of course I liked em and tried to hang around and learn as much as I could.  Long list of reasons for the lack of personal accountability, the instant gratification mentality, and the general narcissism of a generation at once emasculated and given the impression that they are the centers of their own universe.

Just preaching to the choir with me on that subject.

Edited by BullHalsey
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
143
[WLDD]
Beta Testers
352 posts
5,202 battles
2 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Why, you need to win 3 flags, to do this you have to win 30 games in typhoon league over 3 clan sets of clan battles

If your clan isn't up to the challenge of winning 30 times in that league then why should you get a prize.

Who says that all clans are unicums that do complete the 30 wins

This is no different to any challenge set out by WG, if you do not complete it you do not win anything.

Stalingrad is going to be available for Steel through the Arsenal.  When Stalingrad is released in 0.7.8, the flags will be converted to Steel.  People who have all three flags and still have the -25% cost coupon will be able to get the ship immediately.  Everyone else will simply have to save up enough Steel over time by getting it from Ranked/Clan Battles, containers, or other methods that Wargaming uses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×