Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Ships Service Cost for Elite Ships

6 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

 I come with an idea on the ships service cost.  I get that we all pay an exact amount for service cost depending on the ship that we take out and run in a match.  Service costs of ships as we know can get spendy if you are always broke.  If I'm correct on this there is what a 50 percent servicing cost for premium ships?  I'm not going to go off the exact numbers, but I think a change should be made for players that have elite ships in their tech trees.  This would include tier X ships with out premium permanent camos.  I would like to suggest maybe adding a small drop in the cost of service for an elite ship.

 

Say for example a quarter or just under a quarter.  Again as an example say you had to pay out 1,000,000 in silver for the cost of service to a ship.  If it is reduced by 15 percent for the cost of service it would only cost you 150,000.  1,000,000 X 0.15% = 150,000.  I mean it wouldn't be a huge cost or a huge advantage but something like that would be a great break from paying the actual 100 percent of service cost per battle for elite ships.  I am not saying to do this for all ships just ships that are still in port and have been fully researched.  Anyways that's the pitch.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,509
[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,503 posts
3,435 battles

This has been generally suggested time and again, and WG's counterpoints (all the times it's been suggested here or on Reddit) is that they already lowered overall maintenance cost, and added purchase of Premium Permanent Camouflage which does discount some cost. And on top of that, expanded accessibility to Signal Flags (a sort of Premium-per-battle rather than running the clock) or purchasing Premium Time. And if that still doesn't work or is not viable, their default "go farm credits in a lower tier with a less-expensive ship" becomes the mantra.

I mean, it'd be great if Elited ships got even a tiny, innate -5% maintenance discount, but it's unlikely. -15% is virtually pipe-dream, since it would stack with all the other discount methods. As it is, the revised maintenance fee system is friendlier to free players than in the past, but if they wish to make bank rather than break even, some investment into Signals, Camos, or Premium time is really it, or less grinding lower tiers in cheaper ships, or working Operations.

As an aside: Interestingly enough, they were considering the possibility of allowing ships with Permacamo to start counting as a Premium-like ship when equipped; in that one could transfer captains to it and back to another without retraining, which would further increase the value of investing in Permanent Camouflage and further push players to invest in that instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,295
[PVE]
Members
9,922 posts
7,492 battles

Also, your clan can construct buildings that give a -10% service cost. So with the -10% service cost flag and the -10% service cost with perma-camo, ships up to T8 can get a -30% discount on the service cost. T9 perma-camo has a -20% and T10 perma-camo has a -50% discount, so they can get -40% and -70% respectively. Since the service cost is a flat fee, you can take damage or even sink and pay the same fee. It was not always like this and people were reluctant to take a risk to win and possibly sink.

 

Here is the service cost by tier.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Operating_Cost

Edited by Kizarvexis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,509
[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,503 posts
3,435 battles

Yeah, I forgot about the Clan discounts too, and there are plenty of casual Clans willing to accept randoms just to help build up their facilities and unlock those discounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
5 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

Yeah, I forgot about the Clan discounts too, and there are plenty of casual Clans willing to accept randoms just to help build up their facilities and unlock those discounts.

I've actually got my own clan on here lol so I've got the discounts for that.  I think it only goes up to tier 8 though.

 

19 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

This has been generally suggested time and again, and WG's counterpoints (all the times it's been suggested here or on Reddit) is that they already lowered overall maintenance cost, and added purchase of Premium Permanent Camouflage which does discount some cost. And on top of that, expanded accessibility to Signal Flags (a sort of Premium-per-battle rather than running the clock) or purchasing Premium Time. And if that still doesn't work or is not viable, their default "go farm credits in a lower tier with a less-expensive ship" becomes the mantra.

I mean, it'd be great if Elited ships got even a tiny, innate -5% maintenance discount, but it's unlikely. -15% is virtually pipe-dream, since it would stack with all the other discount methods. As it is, the revised maintenance fee system is friendlier to free players than in the past, but if they wish to make bank rather than break even, some investment into Signals, Camos, or Premium time is really it, or less grinding lower tiers in cheaper ships, or working Operations.

As an aside: Interestingly enough, they were considering the possibility of allowing ships with Permacamo to start counting as a Premium-like ship when equipped; in that one could transfer captains to it and back to another without retraining, which would further increase the value of investing in Permanent Camouflage and further push players to invest in that instead.

That's interesting

 

9 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Also, your clan can construct buildings that give a -10% service cost. So with the -10% service cost flag and the -10% service cost with perma-camo, ships up to T8 can get a -30% discount on the service cost. T9 perma-camo has a -20% and T10 perma-camo has a -50% discount, so they can get -40% and -70% respectively. Since the service cost is a flat fee, you can take damage or even sink and pay the same fee. It was not always like this and people were reluctant to take a risk to win and possibly sink.

 

Here is the service cost by tier.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Operating_Cost

I was actually looking for that earlier and couldn't find it lol.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,295
[PVE]
Members
9,922 posts
7,492 battles
39 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

I've actually got my own clan on here lol so I've got the discounts for that.  I think it only goes up to tier 8 though.

 

I was actually looking for that earlier and couldn't find it lol.  Thanks.

 The discounts for T5 to T8 are for the silver purchase cost of a ship. The -10% service cost buildings are by type. There are DD, CL/CA, BB and CV buildings that give the -10% service fee discount for that ship type.

 

You are welcome on the service cost table in the wiki.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×