You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mahrs

What's the deal with Hindy?

16 comments in this topic

Members
1,590 posts
4,356 battles

I took nearly a year off from WoWS...when I left, my WTR (in Hindy) was solidly above 1400.  I logged on to Warships Today, against my better judgment, for the first time in a long time...now just 1285 without playing a match...which means everyone else got a LOT better.  Is that just more good players taking her out, did she actually get better, or what?  I know she was recently nerfed...which makes me irrationally sad.  Anyhow, is the Hindy all that and a bag of chips now, or what?  

I'd like to say I had Hindy "before it was cool"...but, I feel the need to sail her now just to defend my honor! :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by Mahrs

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 minute ago, Mahrs said:

I took nearly a year off from WoWS...when I left, my WTR (in Hindy) was solidly above 1400.  I logged on to Warships Today, against my better judgment, for the first time in a long time...now just 1285 without playing a match...which means everyone else got a LOT better.  Is that just more good players taking her out, did she actually get better, or what?  I know she was recently nerfed...which makes me irrationally sad.  Anyhow, is the Hindy all that and a bag of chips now, or what?  

I'd like to say I had Hindy "before it was cool"...but, I feel the need to sail her now just to defend my honor! :Smile-_tongue:

Warships today has been broken if that answers your question.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
5 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Warships today has been broken if that answers your question.

This. 

Hindie is still a good performer- great if you know what to do with her which your stats clearly show you do... or at least did. 

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
3 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

This. 

Hindie is still a good performer- great if you know what to do with her which your stats clearly show you do... or at least did. 

I got it recently its a good little ship.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
1 minute ago, torpsRus said:

I got it recently its a good little ship.

Not sure if "little" is the word I would use to describe it but I certainly agree with the rest. 

Edited by _ENO_

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
2 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

"little"

Well its little compared to the scale of the real ship lol.

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
10,456 battles

It became popular due to it being a mainstay in CB, especially with skilled players.  Once people determined that even though it's specialty is strong AP, that it is superb at setting BB's on fire and keeping them burning, even average players began racking up massive damage numbers.  Everybody just got better at using it - especially Unicorns, so that actually happens to lots of ships, though normally in the other direction.

[INTEL]
Members
645 posts
7,564 battles
26 minutes ago, Mahrs said:

Still a good ship

shot-18.07.15_13.38.25-0415_Hindy_196k_Random.jpg

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
2,460 posts
5,635 battles

As it's been said before Warships Today has been broken for months now. Wowstats.org is a better site.

Edited by Cruiser_StLouis

Members
1,590 posts
4,356 battles

Huh...how about that.  Good to know.  I might just take her out...make some elite Captain XP, help out my other crews.

Members
567 posts
75 battles

I blame myself. Once a put the extended spotter plane special module on it, I broke the internet.

Even with the nerf, Hindy has reached bacon status.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,735 posts
3,490 battles

No one is going to mention she was given IFHE by default?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,094 posts
14,497 battles
9 hours ago, _ENO_ said:

This. 

Fun part was people throwing fits that the extra second made her a POS boat somehow.  Very amusing times.

1 hour ago, Madwolf05 said:

No one is going to mention she was given IFHE by default?

Clearly a sign of WG's "Anti-German Bias," right? :Smile_teethhappy:  The whole dang line got it whereas other ship lines, i.e. USN & RU CLs need it as mandatory and still need to pay the 4 pts for it.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,788 battles
10 hours ago, Mahrs said:

A year ago it didn't have the HE pen rule in effect. It got a big buff and went from a 68K server average damage a year ago to the almost 80K it is today. It's in a much better place than when it was  first released. Its way way easier to deal reliable and consistent damage with the new HE pen.

So take him out and play the heck out of Him. Your damage numbers are gonna shoot way up from a year ago.

Members
1,590 posts
4,356 battles
10 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

A year ago it didn't have the HE pen rule in effect. It got a big buff and went from a 68K server average damage a year ago to the almost 80K it is today. It's in a much better place than when it was  first released. Its way way easier to deal reliable and consistent damage with the new HE pen.

So take him out and play the heck out of Him. Your damage numbers are gonna shoot way up from a year ago.

You’re not kidding. I played four matches yesterday, including two tough losses...granted, small sample, but every match was above my old average damage. Still seems like the ship I knew...though it does perhaps need a small buff. I overextended a bit, was being focused by two other Hindy and at least one BB...I lost like half my HP and didn’t get a kill...must be broken! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1