You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

For a 10 pt Mass. Captain, which skill is more important?

11 comments in this topic

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
100 posts
2,647 battles

I want to improve my secondaries, and I finally got my Captain trained up to get a T4 skill. Which would you suggest? I'm leading towards the range increase - but I figured I'd rely on the more experienced wisdom of the forums:

• Manual Fire Control for Secondary (-60% dispersion)
  • Advance Fire Training (+20% range)

LittleWhiteMouse recommended both those skills in their MA review - as well "HE Inertia fuse," but no info on what order is suggested as preferred.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,042 posts
4 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I want to improve my secondaries, and I finally got my Captain trained up to get a T4 skill. Which would you suggest? I'm leading towards the range increase - but I figured I'd rely on the more experienced wisdom of the forums:

LittleWhiteMouse recommended both those skills in their MA review - as well "HE Inertia fuse," but no info on what order is suggested as preferred.

Well looks to me like Advance Fire Training would be 1st then  Manual Fire Control of Secondary's and if you  can the Unique Campaign Commander Bull Halsey  from  "Hit Hard Hit Fast Hit Often"  he would make a great Commander for her otherwise the Unique Commanders John or George Doe would work

• Cool 1

[WFR]
Members
433 posts

i would focus on aft, because it increases the utility of the guns.

i would prefer having a longer overall radius with both sides firing over one side firing + shorter range.

because it doesn't exactly turn on a dime :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
100 posts
2,647 battles

Tnx, that's what I figured, but wanted to bounce it off more experienced folks

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,042 posts
4 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Tnx, that's what I figured, but wanted to bounce it off more experienced folks

Do have access or can you get access to any of Commanders I suggested?   BTW  the Hit Hard Hit Fast Hit Often missions can be repeated doing the easiest ones over n over in order to get it done faster instead of doing them all one by one

Edited by shadowsrmine

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
100 posts
2,647 battles
[WOLF3]
Members
16,048 posts
14,440 battles
32 minutes ago, TheArc said:

AFT is the core ingredient of a Secondaries Build.  Without it your range is not at all what it can be.  Considering WG reigned in MASS' main gun range and reliability, you need that max secondaries range badly.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,442 posts
11,703 battles

Mass has built in 60% accuracy already, go for AFT first.

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,751 posts
2,067 battles

Signal, module, and range skill, you're pushing 11.3km on the secondaries. That's hella useful to do first.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,042 posts
2 hours ago, TheArc said:

Well if you've got the Massachusetts that oughta be able to get it for you once you've got your commander sorted out for it  :-/  the you'll have a second commander I would recommend you keep Halsey on the Massachusetts once you get him one because she requires a differnt build than any other USN  BB  and you don't wanna keep resetting him that is tedious and can get expensive

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
3 hours ago, TheArc said:

Range.   Doesn’t matter how accurate they are if they are out of range.

• Cool 1