You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Stat Shaming is overrated but still

89 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

I mean come on people if you are going to attempt to stat shame someone because they are stat shaming you.  Okay but if you are going to stat shame someone for the love of what ever use a site that works.  Warships today is still broken people.  If you use a site that is not working correctly you are just making yourself look bad (rant).  A small side note Match Making Monitor runs off of World Of Warships Stats and Numbers.  Hello.

Edited by torpsRus
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 3

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

So... what you're saying is that numbers provides a more accurate representation of how bad good you are at the game than Warships today does? Duly noted.

Edited by _ENO_

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
2 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

So... what you're saying is that numbers provides a more accurate representation of how bad good you are at the game than Warships today does? Duly noted.

Actually yes it does, I've been watching both websites WoWs Stats and numbers is far more accurate and up to date.  Use mine if you want Look at my stats on Warships today then hop over and look at my stats on WoWs Stats and Numbers.

Edited by torpsRus

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
1 minute ago, torpsRus said:

Actually yes it does, I've been watching both websites WoWs Stats and numbers is far more accurate and up to date.  Use mine if you want Look at my stats on Warships today then hop over and look at my stats on WoWs Stats and Numbers.

Nah- I can see all I need to see in your banner. Thanks. 

• Funny 5

[ZR]
Members
958 posts
11,282 battles

While warships.today is pretty borked it still shows the same stats when it actually loads.  So why would it matter what site you use when it still shows the same exact stats.

Unless you wanna compare how they calculate PR vs WTR, which no one really cares.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

i have my stats set on Private.

I do this because I suck according to the general consensus of those who live by the numbers.

The stat sites are important for self improvement, thats a given.

What I don't agree with is the "Holier than Thou I'm better than you so your Thoughts Don't Count"

Everyone including the Lowest of the Low Count towards the whole Idea of Stats.

In life as in any game there are those who can those who try and those who want everything handed to them.

If at any time if ever a Stat Driven MM is Placed, there will be a "NEW CURVE" .

The Lowest of the Low will still be there along with the Best of the Best.

Just with Higher Stats to begin with.

Segregation is an Elitist tool. With Segregation comes unrest, Hate, and all the Bad in the world.

Why Place it in a Game?

Stats are just the first door to the end of anything meaningful. { as in recreation and enjoyment}

The People that are the best are the Best, We know who you are and wish to be you as a Role model to attain the same.

The Stat Shamers are just those who "WISH"

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[--O--]
Members
187 posts
18,171 battles

half the stat shaming I see is when people run their mouth, someone checks the stats and is hit with a bank of red numbers and uses it to hit back, it is a self inflicted wound 99% of the time.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2

Members
3,468 posts
6,161 battles

Just looked at my Rich stats in the game and Warships Today has the exact same stats...  as of about a week ago warships today fixed a log in issue to the likely WG API.  I actually find Warships Today updates far more often than any other stat site.

Edited by CylonRed

Beta Testers
1,225 posts
8,474 battles

I've never, ever stat shamed somebody in the game unless they:

(1)  Ran their potty mouth to the point they needed a good verbal spanking and reminded their 46% WR with 7k games doesn't qualify them to call out and verbally abuse the entire team for not supporting his cruiser yolo run on a contested cap when he's low tier. We all know who these guys are, and we all hate them because with that many games and low WR they likely do it often.

(2) Plays a high tier premium absurdly bad camping out on the back line sniping with their Tirpitz and blissfully ignoring the entire battle. 42% WR kinda says it all.

Since #2 might be a young kid, or some retired dude with special needs I at least keep the criticism G rated and remind them it's a team game. #1 gets no mercy. Since over 99% of the players I run across are polite and do make an effort to win (that's all I care about is you try) I rarely have to resort to looking up WRs.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,554 posts
3,539 battles

I only bring up stats when a player tries to come off someone that is great when they're not or try to say I'm a bad player when I'm technically the better player

Members
567 posts
75 battles
52 minutes ago, hobblegoat said:

half the stat shaming I see is when people run their mouth, someone checks the stats and is hit with a bank of red numbers and uses it to hit back, it is a self inflicted wound 99% of the time.

This. 100% this.

Something was said or done to make someone else put in the effort to look up someone's stats to confirm what was said or done is a pattern.

• Cool 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
59 minutes ago, hobblegoat said:

5 minutes ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

This. 100% this.

Something was said or done to make someone else put in the effort to look up someone's stats to confirm what was said or done is a pattern.

Agreed. 

[MIA-A]
Members
2,099 posts
6,729 battles
1 hour ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

This. 100% this.

This is 100% of the times I reference MM Monitor stats.

Someone being douchey or telling the team how to play? Almost always it's a complete potato player.

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts

I hid mine mine shortly after I started playing back in 2016. Yes 2016. But not a month goes by without an Einstein trying to use them against me.  :cap_haloween:

There's a certain pleasure in seeing an obnoxious person start foaming at the mouth because they can't see your stats. 

:Smile_popcorn:

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles

The only time stats matter is when some cites their "success" as proof of something. Or when people make anecdotal claims based on their experience, especially when they have little or no relevant ship experience to speak of.

Stats have zero effect on the validity of someone's assertions, unless those assertions cite their stats as proof.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,099 posts
6,729 battles

I've actually debated hiding my stats, because most people who do so uh... don't have as good of win rate as me.

I just assume people with hidden stats are bad because I've yet to see a player with hidden stats surprise me with good decisions and... well. The opposite is often true ;)

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

My Ryujo stats suck, someone told me this.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,734 battles

I don't think I have even been stat shammed, then again I have a 66% WR and purple stats no matter what site you use.

On the other hand I have had players try to call me stupid for doing things a certain way. Sometimes they'd be right, but most of the times their completely wrong and have no idea what they are talking about, to the point where I just shake my head and ignore them.

[SIDE]
Members
730 posts
3,250 battles
6 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I hid mine mine shortly after I started playing back in 2016. Yes 2016. But not a month goes by without an Einstein trying to use them against me.  :cap_haloween:

Didn't you just make a "I'm quitting thread 4 realz" thread? You're addicted to this game and community. haha

Edited by Merlox
  • Cool 1

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles

I normally don't stat shame in the game, unless I see someone who acts so full of themselves and accuses me of being a noob, of sucking etc. when I'm playing my ship (ex: USN light cruiser using islands) the way it's meant to be played. When I look them up and see orange or red (which is usually the case), I won't hesitate to go all out on him and his mother and put him in his place.

Random guy: "OMG look at that cruiser hiding behind islands, get out there and fight!"

Me: "I am in a USN cruiser. I'm meant for islands that I can use to shoot over because I'd die quickly if I charge out in the open. I have the shell velocity (152mm or 127mm). Do you know anything about these ships?"

Random guy: "I have one and that's not how I play. You @)$*)@$*)@$*@)$*)@$."

Me: "Hmmm.... 45% win rate and 30k average damage in a Des Moines. Your overall win rate is 47.8%. Are you sure you're not the problem? Des Moines is your most played ship."

Random guy: "Stop telling me how to play the game I know what I am doing. What have you done?"

Me: "Well this is a Tier 7 battle and I'm in the Helena, I've gotten 130k damage and a Confederate, and 3 kills. You?"

Random guy: (starts swearing and insulting me)

Me: "With your attitude you should just uninstall. I usually don't like to be mean but I really believe people with your level of understanding and comprehension are a waste of precious internet space and a waste of oxygen. Good game."

(silence)

Usually when I see a flamer it's a below average player that thinks he's the Zeus of the game. There's a reason why he's red / orange but he thinks he knows everything, well, perhaps everything except why he's red / orange. They're the scum of the seas. If you're bad, at least admit it. The minimum you can do is to not cause any trouble and try the best you can.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu
  • Funny 2

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

I've only been compelled to check stats 2 times while in game. Both times the guy finished last on the board, died early, told everyone what they were doing wrong...ect. 

800WTR in one case, and a sub 700 in the other.

Both were in T8 ships at the time.

[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,358 battles
19 hours ago, torpsRus said:

I mean come on people if you are going to attempt to stat shame someone because they are stat shaming you.  Okay but if you are going to stat shame someone for the love of what ever use a site that works.  Warships today is still broken people.  If you use a site that is not working correctly you are just making yourself look bad (rant).  A small side note Match Making Monitor runs off of World Of Warships Stats and Numbers.  Hello.

so , what you are saying, you have slightly better stats on Wows Stats and numbers vs Warships today.  You are a potato, but a lightly better one on one site vs the other ?     Just asking.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,734 battles
1 hour ago, Canadatron said:

I've only been compelled to check stats 2 times while in game. Both times the guy finished last on the board, died early, told everyone what they were doing wrong...ect. 

800WTR in one case, and a sub 700 in the other.

Both were in T8 ships at the time.

If someone compels me to check stats it's almost always a low skilled player making a fuss about something they did stupid.