You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WES_HoundDog

Solution to everyone losing out on games that go to 0 points

19 comments in this topic

Members
466 posts
8,499 battles

Everyone on the winning team gets 100k additional credits and 1k additional experience.   This way they win for winning big, instead of being penalized for it.

Members
691 posts
4,395 battles

That'd be nice. In reality though given this is a game built around the grind I don't think WG really sees players getting less rewards as a problem. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,083 battles

The only situation I see a buff to experience & credits for the winners is those fairly rare matches that end super fast.

[SALVO]
Members
17,098 posts
17,769 battles

Or evenly divide the remaining HP on the surviving enemy ships amongst the surviving winning team's ships, and calculate XP and credits earned accordingly.

[OPG]
Members
3,982 posts
5,700 battles

That's not a real solution though.  The reason I hate winning matches by zeroing the opponent is not the lost credits and XP.....it's the fact the game is over before I can actually enjoy the fact I'm playing a game.

I'd just prefer they get rid of the feature entirely and if a team ever ended up on 0 points, well then they'd just be on zero points and the game continues on until one team reaches 1000 or loses all their ships.

• Cool 5

[5D5]
Members
2,289 posts
14,387 battles

I've advocated for a certain percentage to be awarded to credits & XP before.

You can even stagger the award that after 10 mins there is no multiplier and it increase for each minute below 10 mins until you get to 5 mins or less.

Members
471 posts
12,484 battles

I'll take the win any way I can get it.

I also don't see the point to prolonging the agony of a team that is getting stomped.

Let everyone get their boats back and try their luck in a new game.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

My Opinion on this would be each player in the battle is awarded for what they contributed. "No win boost" 

I believe this would make the Player do his best for any reward received.

For those who don't do what is necessary the Credits and EXP will reflect it. "No Free Rides"

[HCH]
[HCH]
Beta Testers
877 posts
7,259 battles

Perhaps instead of a flat reward, a scaling reward could be used, based on the amount of time remaining in a game. Before 7 mins elapse, however much time is left before 13 mins are remaining will determine the scale of the bonus. Please note, the hard numbers that I've used are just for the sake of discussion, and could be easily modified.

Example: The team manages to win in 6 mins and 59 secs, that one second left goes towards a bonus given to the winning team.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
47 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

My Opinion on this would be each player in the battle is awarded for what they contributed. "No win boost" 

I believe this would make the Player do his best for any reward received.

For those who don't do what is necessary the Credits and EXP will reflect it. "No Free Rides"

Okay, so if I'm in a slow battleship and spawn well to the rear in a higher tier game, how is it my fault that I simply couldn't meaningfully get into the fight before it was over?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Okay, so if I'm in a slow battleship and spawn well to the rear in a higher tier game, how is it my fault that I simply couldn't meaningfully get into the fight before it was over?

Yes Choose wisely what you bring to the Battle.

• Bad 2

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
4 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Yes Choose wisely what you bring to the Battle.

Worst advice ever. What about if you are trying to grind the line(say, USN BBs)? There's no way to "choose" what you bring to the battle in that situation, and in fact, most situations.

:Smile_facepalm:

[TWGGF]
[TWGGF]
Members
116 posts
1,338 battles

that's is very bad advice, because many people playing this game are not very skilled, while few player are very skilled in this game and wining match every time while people who lost don't get  experience & credits, meaning in overtime more and more people lost interested in game, till the game is dead quicker, sometime it's better of gave people free ride to keep people coming and keep people buying wargaming's stuff. 

Let's say if you playing game with someone, and someone always keep winning, while you keep losing, normal, would you keep playing, know that you lost still and not gain at all or too little that are not worth it?

Edited by Humility925

[INTEL]
Members
8,593 posts
25,732 battles
On 7/15/2018 at 12:04 PM, yashma said:

That's not a real solution though.  The reason I hate winning matches by zeroing the opponent is not the lost credits and XP.....it's the fact the game is over before I can actually enjoy the fact I'm playing a game.

I'd just prefer they get rid of the feature entirely and if a team ever ended up on 0 points, well then they'd just be on zero points and the game continues on until one team reaches 1000 or loses all their ships.

yes please. it's a really stupid feature. in coop many games end and there are still bot ships to kill. a total waste. 

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
9 hours ago, yashma said:

I do agree with the first part of your post, but the part I quoted here I'm not so sure on. Yes, it does give both teams more play-time and give the losing team a (very small) chance for a comeback, but I feel that in most circumstances that extra time would just be adding insult to injury for the losing team and players on it, especially those that actually did manage to survive and do well, would be more likely to rage-quit after a match like that. It's the equivalent of saying "welp, you lost, time to let the other team stomp all over you for some arbitrary length of time so THEY can get a sense of accomplishment." Taking that into account I lean back towards just letting the match end and giving the winning team a percentage bonus or something based on how far ahead of some arbitrary time limit they were able to win.

[OPG]
Members
3,982 posts
5,700 battles
9 hours ago, Landsraad said:

I do agree with the first part of your post, but the part I quoted here I'm not so sure on. Yes, it does give both teams more play-time and give the losing team a (very small) chance for a comeback, but I feel that in most circumstances that extra time would just be adding insult to injury for the losing team and players on it, especially those that actually did manage to survive and do well, would be more likely to rage-quit after a match like that. It's the equivalent of saying "welp, you lost, time to let the other team stomp all over you for some arbitrary length of time so THEY can get a sense of accomplishment." Taking that into account I lean back towards just letting the match end and giving the winning team a percentage bonus or something based on how far ahead of some arbitrary time limit they were able to win.

I can see that logic, and that's probably the reason WG decided to implement the feature.  That being said, I still maintain winning by zeroing the opponent isn't fun for either side, and if nothing else WG should at least make the experience of winning the battle enjoyable.  Not to mention, while I hate losing, I hate losing and doing no damage even more.  If I'm going to lose, I want to go down in a blaze of glory knowing I did my absolute best to turn it around.

Nothing more frustrating than being on full health with out much damage done when the battle is over because the lemming train on the other side of the map got obliterated so fast your team was zeroed before you had the chance to contribute.

• Cool 1

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
328 posts
4,076 battles
20 hours ago, yashma said:

I agree, this weekend I was busy with real life but managed 5 or 6 games total. 4 of them ended when a team hit zero points. 2 wins 2 losses, all 4 were unfun. Let the people who dont yolo keep fighting. Both my zero point losses were lemming trains, so I went the other way. Just when I've done enough damage to push and clean up my flank. Boom Game over. Its frustrating when you are about to put together a stong game performance and it ends up a 5 to 7 minute game.

Members
466 posts
8,499 battles

I also like i idea of the lower rewards based on time left.   Generally zeroing out the opponnet happens more early on than later but all the same as more time means less rewards lost.   

So at ten minutes or more left in the game 100k credits and 1k exp

for every minute after it takes away 10k credits and 100 exp.

so at 8 minutes left you get a bonus of 80k credits and 800 experience.

maybe at the 5 minute mark is stops at 50k credits and 500 exp simply to be a reward for the good play of the team

Also since divisions seem to be hurting quality of game play and the balance of teams.   Anyone in a division is exempt from the rewards.

The only question is,  can WG programmers program that?

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,589 battles

No. The only satisfaction I get on a game that goes potato 2 minutes in is that the enemy team will get less XP and silver.