Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
buzz_bomb

Hiryu CV start and general guidance (still need help)

3 comments in this topic

[TF16]
Members
60 posts
4,533 battles

Right now I'm training up my captain and HIryu ship modules in co-ops in preparation for randoms. Before I play any random games in my CV I always make sure my ship, planes, and captain are fully upgraded and trained. I have a 12 pt captain with aircraft servicing expert, dogfighting expert, torpedo acceleration, torpedo armament and air supremacy for 11 pts total and 1 leftover.

I'm more than able to use free captain XP to get an additional 1 or 2 pts if there is a skill that some of you think is really important for me to have on my captain, if any which one would it be?

I'm expecting a lot of Saipans and Kagas and generally expecting this to be a tough tier for me. Generally when people send out planes do you send out bombers or fighters first? I typically deploy fighters first but my thoughts on this are that this allows the enemy to see where my fighters are going and then simply deploys his bombers away from my fighters. If I deploy bombers first I might have an earlier opportunity to spot/kill a DD but at the risk of losing planes. I'm curious how you guys would deploy your planes depending on what kind of enemy CV there is? 

Edited by buzz_bomb

[CASC1]
Members
24 posts
1,498 battles

Are you moving the captain between CVs?  I would probably save the remaining points for CE and ATS depending on the ships. 

[TF16]
Members
60 posts
4,533 battles

Yes I will be moving my Hiryu captain up the chain. So after talking to a few other people they suggested my next skill should be  Advanced firing training. I can free captain XP to it but it will cost about 339K captain XP. The other thing I was thinking was just getting 2 more skill points and getting Basic firing training. Is the difference between AFT and BFT that huge on Hiryu's AA? Or the other thought was instead of AFT get manual fire control. 

For good reason I don't think I'm going to get CE because I like the argument that the 11ish det range isn't that bad and it serves as an early warning to DDs sneaking up on me. 

Sign in to follow this