You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

PSA Looking around while engaged

12 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Recently I have noticed many players, even at tiers 8, 9 and 10, apparently are not aware of the game's featured "look around" view, as I call it. You can tell this because their guns move about as they look about the waters, trying to figure out what to do. 

You do know a press and hold of the right mouse button allows you to poke your head out of your scope view and look about. You can also look at your minimap and determine your position and any change of position you need to make to avoid the reds, or to engage them.

So try it out - because more times than i care to count I see friendly guns moving all over the place as the player looks around for reds. When they find them of course, their guns are not where they need to be and boom, they sink. 

[INTEL]
Members
6,659 posts
25,692 battles

They don't know this basic stuff? Seriously?

We are not talking T1 here.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

There's a lot of things people don't know. Game could use a basic UI and controls tutorial.

Also, if I looked around while I was engaged, my wife wouldn't have married me.

• Funny 5

[5D5]
Members
2,284 posts
14,319 battles

Well if forums wasn't full of all these whine and troll threads then we'd be able to post this information for players to see, you know like a few years ago when the game came out of closed beta.

• Funny 1

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
352 posts
5,170 battles
4 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Anybody have a link for that very detailed list of Commands?

Hold F1 while in a match and it brings up the controls and information window.

Regarding the OP, I can't even remember how many times I've been rammed by an ally because they get tunnel vision on a target and don't pay any attention to where they're heading.  That or they're so locked in on an enemy 15km+ away that they don't see or just ignore the DD that's closing in to torp them.

[PVE]
Members
9,569 posts
7,466 battles

I always thought people in the youtube videos were using shift to quickly zoom in an out. I couldn't get the hang of it.  Mouse-looking is much easier. Thank you.

[TBW]
Members
6,399 posts
12,031 battles
44 minutes ago, cometguy said:

There's a lot of things people don't know. Game could use a basic UI and controls tutorial.

Also, if I looked around while I was engaged, my wife wouldn't have married me.

They would have to poke my eyes out to keep me from looking, which may be why I never got married (I'm sure marriage, has it's benefits), for me though variety is the spice of life.

I would like to be able to hit zoom while free looking, so I can see which way the guns are pointed.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

I would like to be able to hit zoom while free looking, so I can see which way the guns are pointed.

That would be a very nice thing to have. I can never remember the gun lock commands, otherwise, I'd look to see if you can zoom in while gun locked.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,320 posts
13,050 battles
45 minutes ago, Deno said:

Regarding the OP, I can't even remember how many times I've been rammed by an ally because they get tunnel vision on a target and don't pay any attention to where they're heading.  That or they're so locked in on an enemy 15km+ away that they don't see or just ignore the DD that's closing in to torp them.

I know, but like after you hit a beautiful line drive on the fairway … you're hypnotized when the ball just hangs there, high up in the sky and you just have to watch as it descends back down to earth, praying it makes the green … I just can't take my eyes off it 

Oh, and with an explosion at the end - I just don't have the willpower to zoom out before the big show :) 

They should really have a close-up window of enemy sailors running around deck on fire and screaming … maybe jumping into water - yeah that would be nice 

So, if I rammed you - it was NO accident … I CHOSE to do it :)

Edited by Commander_367

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
8 hours ago, cometguy said:

That would be a very nice thing to have. I can never remember the gun lock commands, otherwise, I'd look to see if you can zoom in while gun locked.

CTRL + X keys will lock down your turrets.