You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Avrova1904

Is this game full of haters?

60 comments in this topic

Members
267 posts
4,751 battles

I see many people complaining about everything and everything I do is not enough to please them. Angry people, people that is always chatting complaining about how bad is the team when they are not contributing in any way. It happened me once, how frustrating was, that I was even insulted when I destroyed two ships, being the only player that destroyed two ships and in addition other people complaining that the team is the worst ever. Is there any button or way to ignore the chat? I really like this game but sometimes I don't feel like to play because all those angry-haters.

Edited by Avrova1904
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[4HIM]
Members
1,813 posts
4,116 battles

I just generally ignore chat.  Maybe 1 time in 50 there's something useful in the chat window.  Most of the time it's either someone slagging the team, trying to trash talk the other team, or just spamming the F keys.  On those rare occasions where the team communicates strategy and calls out targets, it's great.  But most times it's just a cesspool.  

• Cool 2

[WOLF6]
Members
65 posts
2,139 battles

No matter what you do individually will make everyone on your team happy. However, if you're happy with your gameplay and feel that you did your best to be a team player, then be content with that. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to please all the other players on your team.

As for shutting off the chat totally...I'm not aware of a way to do that.

Members
138 posts

add to it, that most people have no idea what to do.

to cover that up, they write crap in the chat.

best example: I just finished a match in my haida. i was off course low tier with three clevelands on the enemy team. BB driver one pinged me on the minimap like crazy. Next one got a tantrum, because i refused to cap aganist three radar ships and a kagero, who outspots me.

i at least wanted to see, where the clevelands were lurking, before i yolo o to the cap.

Clevelands were joining their lemming train and i had room to work. I capped, nailed the kagero, helped on a BB, spotted - something the next BB player pinged the mm for - while i was busy avoiding torpedoes. after that i spotter bit the team was not hitting anything.

after all that crap, i won a shootout with a 70% atago and people went nuts. That ship is faster than me - i either face the guy, smoke up and pest him with torps and HE or i die. I got the guy but the match was lost the moment the other DD yoloed into the cap and got blapped by the clevelands.

end of the line:

most people don't have map awareness, know what the enemies ships are capable off or even know that their own ships can do. Instead, they want to get carried. If it doesn't play out the way they expect (because the enemy team is actually more capable), they get toxic.

get used to it.

• Cool 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,882 posts
12,626 battles

@Avrova1904 The switch you ask about is in your head! Pay no attention to others remarks and just play on Win or Lose then move on to the next battle! Haters, Idiots, Blow Hards yea they are everywhere Ignore them!

• Cool 1

[CUTIE]
Beta Testers
4,275 posts
7,882 battles

Don't take it to heart. If you do too well, people will show you their sour grapes. If you make any mistakes, they'll use you as a scapegoat to justify bad results and feel better about it. This kind of game tends to encourage this behavior, might as well just disable chat and use the F commands to communicate since there's less salt there!

[TDRB]
Members
1,115 posts
4,238 battles
29 minutes ago, Avrova1904 said:

I see many people complaining about everything and everything I do is not enough to please them. Angry people, people that is always chatting complaining about how bad is the team when they are not contributing in any way. It happened me once, how frustrating was, that I was even insulted when I destroyed two ships, being the only player that destroyed two ships and in addition other people complaining that the team is the worst ever. Is there any button or way to ignore the chat? I really like this game but sometimes I don't feel like to play because all those angry-haters.

People who enjoy the game wait until the win is certain and post "good game" in chat. Whiners post their rants continuously. I ignore chat 95% of the time.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
56 minutes ago, Avrova1904 said:

Be aware of the criticism but don't allow yourself to be offended by it. There are inevitably times where you're going to make mistakes and people will react inappropriately. Don't disregard the commentary completely since there may be some useful information in there. Your survival rate is very low and your main battery hit percentage is low-ish... so it's something that I would definitely focus on to continue improving. 

[MIA-A]
Members
2,124 posts
6,790 battles

A lot of people don't realize how their actions result in their team having to try harder (or even losing the game).

Some people do realize that and in varying levels of tactfulness tell them.

Others just like ranting about teams, matchmaking, hacking, aimbots, etc, anything other than "I'm not as good as I should be."

[ONE]
Members
261 posts
8,947 battles
1 hour ago, Avrova1904 said:

Turn chat off and you will realize your enjoyment of the game often improves immediately afterward.

[RST]
[RST]
Beta Testers
35 posts
3,157 battles

Can chat be turned off?  I didn't think it could like you can in WoT.  But besides that, there's FAR more haters in WoT than in WoW and even so, I ignore the chat (for the most part).  I always try to contribute to the team even if it's a lost cause.  If the enemy wants to kill me, they have to work for it. :)

Members
3,471 posts
6,176 battles

Right click the person being an [edited]and disable their chat.  Chat can be disabled for the match by clicking the X  at the bottom  left of the chat box.  Generally not a good idea to close the entire chat window but disable the 1 or 2 causing problems.

Edited by CylonRed

Alpha Tester
208 posts
4,941 battles

I actually don't have an issue with toxicity in this game, and if they were to shut down cross team chat, I would be forced to uninstall. (2/3 WG titles are already uninstalled)

[SBS]
Members
2,477 posts
2,253 battles
3 minutes ago, Mustang2209 said:

But besides that, there's FAR more haters in WoT than in WoW and even so

I have a feeling that's going to change in the next year or so.  Take a look at how WG is balancing the game.  Adding more and more polarizing mechanics like radar, DWT, AP bombs, and HE spamming ships.  WG is making all ships less and less survivable and its going to make more and more people angry.  Just wait until the IJN DDs get the 1/4 pen HE and they will be able to pen cruisers and BBs far more reliably.  What about the new main battery reload booster, how long will it take cruisers to start complaining about getting crushed by that?  Yeah, I expect this game to go full jerk mode like tanks. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,435 posts

Leave it on. Turn on cuss filter. Ignore the hate.

It will be worth it. It’s a team game and comms ar critical. In the absence of team voice comms the team chat is all you have.

You can choose to ignore/mute in game the obnoxious ones. Right click on name, etc. After match you can click on name and choose blacklist. Either way the offending party will not show up in chat for you anymore. Typically telling the team that “insert name” is about to get muted and reported for chat abuse will temper all but the worst abusers. 

Use those comms. Call out or ask for dd locations. Request fighter planes. Tell folks you are bailing a failing flank. Ask for smoke or offer to smoke a crippled B.B. Alert folks to presence of running radar. Tell somebody you are going to a cap and ask them to follow you. Listen to other folks who have offer strategies or need something. Etc etc etc. if you have ever done ranked or clan wars this is second nature. 

Tl:dr don’t let clowns distract or drive you away from chat. It’s way too important.

• Cool 1

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles
14 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Leave it on. Turn on cuss filter. Ignore the hate.

It will be worth it. It’s a team game and comms ar critical. In the absence of team voice comms the team chat is all you have.

You can choose to ignore/mute in game the obnoxious ones. Right click on name, etc. After match you can click on name and choose blacklist. Either way the offending party will not show up in chat for you anymore. Typically telling the team that “insert name” is about to get muted and reported for chat abuse will temper all but the worst abusers. 

Use those comms. Call out or ask for dd locations. Request fighter planes. Tell folks you are bailing a failing flank. Ask for smoke or offer to smoke a crippled B.B. Alert folks to presence of running radar. Tell somebody you are going to a cap and ask them to follow you. Listen to other folks who have offer strategies or need something. Etc etc etc. if you have ever done ranked or clan wars this is second nature. 

Tl:dr don’t let clowns distract or drive you away from chat. It’s way too important.

There's a profanity filter? Can you tell me where it is? I can't seem to find it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,676 posts
9,071 battles
2 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

I just generally ignore chat.  Maybe 1 time in 50 there's something useful in the chat window.  Most of the time it's either someone slagging the team, trying to trash talk the other team, or just spamming the F keys.  On those rare occasions where the team communicates strategy and calls out targets, it's great.  But most times it's just a cesspool.  

I wouldn't say it is mostly a cesspool, just that most of the time the chatter is not related to the match.

[EQRN]
Members
344 posts
8,961 battles

Few of the worst read these boards.  Yesterday it was the stereotypical dead-within-2-minutes players ragging on how lousy the team was in ALL chat, and its like, is this still a thing?  As salty as the board is, I tend to think most perusers have enough self awareness not to engage in the post death antagonist trope.

[SIDE]
Members
1,435 posts
57 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I have a feeling that's going to change in the next year or so.  Take a look at how WG is balancing the game.  Adding more and more polarizing mechanics like radar, DWT, AP bombs, and HE spamming ships.  WG is making all ships less and less survivable and its going to make more and more people angry.  Just wait until the IJN DDs get the 1/4 pen HE and they will be able to pen cruisers and BBs far more reliably.  What about the new main battery reload booster, how long will it take cruisers to start complaining about getting crushed by that?  Yeah, I expect this game to go full jerk mode like tanks. 

Omg. Will you just quit parroting the skewed “everything the wargaming does is stupid” bologna already? How does this thread warrant an attempt to derail with unrelated and inflammatory subjects you know will cause it to spiral downward?

Seriously. This is a simple matter of turning on a filter. You chime in with unrelated doom and gloom about ijn HE and tanks? Usually I can see where you are trying to go with things but this is a huge and totally unnecessary reach.

Stay on point.

Edited by thebigblue

[ONE]
Members
261 posts
8,947 battles
39 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

It will be worth it. It’s a team game and comms ar critical.

From what I regularly see being discussed in chat "critical" is a vast over statement.  Rarely does the discussion have anything to do with what is going in the battle but more to do with "What is that ship like?", "Oh, I can't wait until I have that one." and so on added to the usual complaining by one guy that the other eleven ships are not doing what he wants them to.   That level of chat I can do without.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

This sums is up perfectly

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,435 posts
10 minutes ago, 6thGuards said:

From what I regularly see being discussed in chat "critical" is a vast over statement.  Rarely does the discussion have anything to do with what is going in the battle but more to do with "What is that ship like?", "Oh, I can't wait until I have that one." and so on added to the usual complaining by one guy that the other eleven ships are not doing what he wants them to.   That level of chat I can do without.

Believe me, I know. However, as has been said numerous times in other threads, once in a while you get a team that just clicks and everything works the way it’s supposed to. People push and support, etc. Its more likely to happen (still fairly unlikely in randoms) when folks communicate. I suggest filtering what you can and ignoring what you can’t is better than turning it off. To each their own.