You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Yakuza137

REWORK

34 comments in this topic

Members
50 posts
1,839 battles

If you are going to rework the entire carrier gameplay and make it basically CV PLAY FOR DUMMIES and make it like some auto drop thing. Already it takes tons of skill to even kill something. Sure a cv player can look at something and if he or she wants it dead can delete it, but that requires skill. It's also the victim fault for dying in the first place. A cv cannot just go into a middle of a formation and drop a payload they get wiped out instantly. I see a lot of topics on these and they seem nice, but if that is what people want then DEFENSIVE AA needs to be removed. and all of these ships need AA reworked. if you do a normal auto drop with what we have now the planes get blasted out of the sky within seconds at higher tiers and not get a single TORP in.  Okay do cross torps with two squads? THATS two squads you sacrifice when one squad gets the job done. You lose more plane reserves which is unfair and unfun.

The average player in higher tiers can easily dodge all the torps that are AUTO dropped. I could have worded this better and put more, but yeah... CV can be reworked but I don't understand why the need to make it easier to play. You guys don't make battleships and cruisers and dds easier to play. You still have to lead your bullets the same way you have to lead your plane drops. Anyways this is coming from someone who is only good at cvs and is bad at cruisers, bbs, dds...    

My rant.

All my cvs are well over 50 percent win rates while anything that shoots a bullet with a mounted cannon is below 45% win rate.

Edited by Yakuza137
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,261 posts
8,868 battles

T10 CV that knows how to play one well can totally wreck any ship in the game and hard carry his team to a win. It's extremely unenjoyable to find yourself in a game on the opposing team, especially if it's a triple division with a CV and AA protection in the form of say a Des Moines and Minotaur. 

CV play needs a re-work badly; manual drop at T10 is overpowered. Maybe you're having fun, the rest(and majority) are not.

Edited by _Rumple_
  • Cool 5

Members
50 posts
1,839 battles
12 minutes ago, Yakuza137 said:

T10 DD's or battleship or cruiser who knows how to play can totally wreck as well any ships and bearly receive any damage in return. Can also be Unenjoyable to for yourself who encounters him vise versa.....We are struggling to play as much as you guys... and from low tier cv up to 9 its can be extremely difficult to play CV even IF you are experienced and know how to handle your planes. 

Sure they can use a rework, but in a way that makes CV still use brains and skill like the rest of these ships. Not some brain-dead gameplay. As well as I said sure I don't mind a rework, but for the sake of that AA needs to be reworked on the ships as well.

Just because T10 CV is op doesn't mean the other TIers are. A fully spec Iowa can wipe out entire DB TB squads and they can land their payload equally or it's completely onesided for the IOWA Favor at tier VII VIII ad IX cv. Tier VIII CV I really don't think even make a difference due to the AA suites everyone carries as well... during ranked. As far as I have noticed.

Edited by Yakuza137

[HINON]
Members
9,037 posts

It's a bit too early to criticize the CV rework when we know almost nothing about it.

• Cool 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,815 posts
7,100 battles
23 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

It's a bit too early to criticize the CV rework when we know almost nothing about it.

not really. the very premise of a rework, hostile to current cv players, at an unknown date in the future, hovering like a sword of damocles over us all, which has placed a freeze on cv tech tree development, discourages new players from investing time and effort in current cvs who naturally prefer to w8 and c, keeping cv population low, creating a hostile attitude toward current cv play (and players) in a feedback loop of ignorance between devs and the community. You know that sound when your speakers squeal when you plug in the amp?

[HINON]
Members
9,037 posts
14 minutes ago, DarthZeppelin said:

not really. the very premise of a rework, hostile to current cv players, at an unknown date in the future, hovering like a sword of damocles over us all, which has placed a freeze on cv tech tree development, discourages new players from investing time and effort in current cvs who naturally prefer to w8 and c, keeping cv population low, creating a hostile attitude toward current cv play (and players) in a feedback loop of ignorance between devs and the community. You know that sound when your speakers squeal when you plug in the amp?

Cvs were a dying breed before they announced this rework due to the extreme skill disparity between players and the mirrored mm. This is a bid to save the ship type and I for one hope it succeeds and expands the CV playerbase. Fun and balance what I'm looking for even if the CV gameplay is radically different.

• Cool 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,815 posts
7,100 battles
7 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Cvs were a dying breed before they announced this rework due to the extreme skill disparity between players and the mirrored mm. This is a bid to save the ship type and I for one hope it succeeds and expands the CV playerbase. Fun and balance what I'm looking for even if the CV gameplay is radically different.

whether true or not, my comment that criticism of the cv rework, before knowing the content, is quite reasonable, especially for those that play cvs. Across all servers many thousands of players have invested time, energy, and perhaps money, in cvs, since Alpha. They will naturally be anxious about this announced cv rework of unkown content for an unknown date in the future. 

As I explained, the very announcement of the cv rework, hurts the cv population, as it discourages players from investing time in the cv tech trees (as does the unavailability of cv premiums). 

• Bad 1

[HINON]
Members
9,037 posts
4 minutes ago, DarthZeppelin said:

whether true or not, my comment that criticism of the cv rework, before knowing the content, is quite reasonable, especially for those that play cvs. Across all servers many thousands of players have invested time, energy, and perhaps money, in cvs, since Alpha. They will naturally be anxious about this announced cv rework of unkown content for an unknown date in the future. 

As I explained, the very announcement of the cv rework, hurts the cv population, as it discourages players from investing time in the cv tech trees (as does the unavailability of cv premiums). 

It's hard to criticize something that is aiming to fix some very real problems in the game when not much is known about it. It's much like flaming ships in testing when many stats are not yet finalized yet in this case we know even less about how mechanics will change. It could very well be that the changes suck and the rework fails but anything at this point is pure conjecture. I've ground all the way up to Midway with it being my first T10 so I've put time into the current interface but knowing this system could be much improved is worth the risk imo.

Edited by RipNuN2

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,815 posts
7,100 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

It's hard to criticize something that is aiming to fix some very real problems in the game when not much is known about it. It's much like flaming ships in testing when many stats are not yet finalized yet in this case we know even less about how mechanics will change. It could very well be that the changes suck and the rework fails but anything at this point is pure conjecture. I've ground all the way up to Midway with it being my first T10 so I've put time into the current interface but knowing this system could be much improved is worth the risk imo.

we are not criticizing the content of, but the announcement of, the rework and WG-player relations management. I think that is clear enough.

As for 'fixing real problems' as neither you nor I know the content of the rework, we do not know if it will 'fix' problems that you percieve or feel exist.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
9,037 posts
13 minutes ago, DarthZeppelin said:

we are not criticizing the content of, but the announcement of, the rework and WG-player relations management. I think that is clear enough.

As for 'fixing real problems' as neither you nor I know the content of the rework, we do not know if it will 'fix' problems that you percieve or feel exist.

The OP was criticizing the content which is unknown.

Members
50 posts
1,839 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

The OP was criticizing the content which is unknown.

Death kinda is right the fact there is an announcement of rework bothers me. Also with no feedback about how it's going to affect gameplay. As I written in the OP I could have worded and written it better, but I was in a rant. Some of us practice and practice manual drops until we could do it right only to have this announcement get shoved in our face with no follow-up material either. Sure tons of AA's but we have practice tons to work around it. To have an announcement that pretty much says a total rework on CV gameplay pretty much throws all your hard effort into the trash lol.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,229 battles
4 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

we know wg try make the game easy for potatos and bbs, so thats what we can wait from a cv rework, a game for potatos and a remove of all fire power of cvs util become some kind of useless "support bbybies class".

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[HINON]
Members
9,037 posts
1 hour ago, HyenaHiena said:

we know wg try make the game easy for potatos and bbs, so thats what we can wait from a cv rework, a game for potatos and a remove of all fire power of cvs util become some kind of useless "support bbybies class".

Yep clearly that must be it, surely it doesnt have anything to do with balance, nope.  :cap_like:

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,229 battles
30 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Yep clearly that must be it, surely it doesnt have anything to do with balance, nope.  :cap_like:

"balance" is this game is make a the gameplay more potato as possible.

• Bad 1

Members
50 posts
1,839 battles
18 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

"balance" is this game is make a the gameplay more potato as possible.

and on top of that people complaining about a cv wanting to delete a single ship and being able to do it easily is totally wrong the only reason why the ship gets deleted because it's his own fault for leaving his AA support.. 

Edited by Yakuza137
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles

CVs are a mixed bag: On the one hand, they aren't fun to play against. On the other, they are really stressful and not very much fun to play either, unless it's a CV that's already straight-up broken(looking at you, Kaga, Saipan, and Graf Zeppelin).

I own Ryujo fully kitted out, but I don't play her. I'm just using her as a front row seat to the eventual rework's changes. I have Langley too, to taste any Tier IV-V CV changes, as well.

Members
50 posts
1,839 battles
8 hours ago, legoboy0401 said:

CVs are a mixed bag: On the one hand, they aren't fun to play against. On the other, they are really stressful and not very much fun to play either, unless it's a CV that's already straight-up broken(looking at you, Kaga, Saipan, and Graf Zeppelin).

I own Ryujo fully kitted out, but I don't play her. I'm just using her as a front row seat to the eventual rework's changes. I have Langley too, to taste any Tier IV-V CV changes, as well.

As far as I see the ones complaining about cv game play are either potatos or were too brain dead to rely on Cruiser support or allied fighters and ended up ISOLATING himself. THAT IS A MISTAKE that is paid for no matter what the ship and against any ship. As a battleship you turn broad sides you gonna get rekt in front of any other bb for an example.

• Bad 2

[SCREW]
Members
70 posts
6,531 battles
On 7/15/2018 at 12:15 PM, HyenaHiena said:

Found the cruiser player that has every consumable at his disposal amazing DPM and still isnt happy

[STW-M]
Members
2,079 posts
5,879 battles
On 7/15/2018 at 2:02 AM, _Rumple_ said:

It's extremely unenjoyable to find yourself in a game on the opposing team, especially if it's a triple division with a CV and AA protection in the form of say a Des Moines and Minotaur. 

In particular, facing a competent enemy CV that's also divisioned with other AA ships is never a fun experience for a solo CV that has to oppose said division, no matter the skill of said solo CV. This becomes even more the case if the divisioned CV severely outclasses the solo CV, like a Saipan vs a Ranger.

Sure, you can just play defensively, go for opportunistic attacks, spot, and just do teamplay, but it's not like you'll be rewarded in any sort of meaningful way at the end of the match, even if your efforts help your team win. Not nearly as much as when you can play much more aggressively vs another solo CV and rack up large amounts of damage

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Members
152 posts
3,307 battles

Put a CV up against a team of AA spec ships and you will see it is more who you are playing against than it is skill. CVs prey on ships that have poor AA and poor maneuverability. That does not seem competitive to me to be able to delete certain ships because they are just helpless against planes. In random battles you cannot force everyone to play as a team. You are lucky to get people to the correct caps let alone work as a team against CV planes. You also do not know exactly when you will face CVs so you have to give up hydro for AA in some ships. I am trying, as a fairly new player, to not let this get to me but most games with CVs are not enjoyable to say the least.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,699 battles
13 hours ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

Put a CV up against a team of AA spec ships and you will see it is more who you are playing against than it is skill. CVs prey on ships that have poor AA and poor maneuverability. That does not seem competitive to me to be able to delete certain ships because they are just helpless against planes. In random battles you cannot force everyone to play as a team. You are lucky to get people to the correct caps let alone work as a team against CV planes. You also do not know exactly when you will face CVs so you have to give up hydro for AA in some ships. I am trying, as a fairly new player, to not let this get to me but most games with CVs are not enjoyable to say the least.

CV do get put up against ships that have strong AA a lot and it come's down to experience and skill on how you handle it, there is always two sides to everything as a CV player if your  a tier 8 CV in a tier 10 match the AA on tier 10 ships will eat away at your planes and all you can do is wait till ships start to lose AA before you go in for the strike. Tier 5 CV matched with a tier 6 CV is another case which CV players hate.

If you talk to CV players there are a few on the forum that will give tips and help even if your a non CV player to help deal with CV and in game ask your CV if you need help or for them to spot. Playing CV will teach you a lot and what CV players have to deal with each match and outside of matches and it's a lot more then what people think.

If you don't want CV to get to you ask some questions on here about CV and how the players play them, why we do things the way we do, what is wrong with CVs, when you get to different tiers what to look out for ill be more then happy to answer any questions and try and help you the best i can and i'm sure there are others on the forum that will to. The more you know the better understanding you will have of CV and know how to handle them in each match and i'll rather help someone understand CV then hate them.

Biggest tip i can give right now is if you have a CV in your match if you need something just ask them nice as you would any other player and you will get a better response from them then if you demand it or as some people do yell at CV.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
21 posts
3,986 battles

Why are CVs currently unpopular?

1. You make less money than other classes. There are just some things like this that make you want to scream at WG, reasonless, angering mechanics. Conqueror, for example.

2. Premium CVs are BETTER than the silver counterparts (if you disagree, their winrates are always better and offer more quirks that make them BETTER, not necessarily EASIER to play.)

3. You get uptiered? Hahahaha you can't attack half the ships in the queue because their AA is too strong. I've seen games where all you can do is spot, and the literal only ship you can attack is the enemy CV. It's like the radar meta but worse.

4. You just finished your T5 CV grind, and now you're introduced to manual controls. People who know how to use them will destroy you,  and you were never taught how to do this in the lower tiers to supposedly prevent sealclubbing. (I think thats a slightly [edited] reason, because now players turn away from CVs after T5.)

5. If you picked American carriers, then congrats! They are worse than the Japanese on every server at every tier! You can't even cross-drop until T10. (If you disagree, again look at the winrates, kills, and damage.)

6. Losing a game is often blamed on the CV, even if you did all that you could.

7. There might always be that one DD that completely ignores the caps and goes around the map to kill you, or the enemy CV could send all his planes on the map border to delete you (I know its the players fault, but this is something that can completely turn a player off from CVs.) 

8. The final reason is that your reserves at mid to low tiers can be really restricting. It is historical and has some merit to it, but there are situations where you lose a few planes and can't even make a full squadron again. Even for experienced players, it can be HARD to save ever little plane and make sure you can attack more than 3 times a battle. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
8 hours ago, Guy_Number_One said:

Why are CVs currently unpopular?

1. You make less money than other classes. There are just some things like this that make you want to scream at WG, reasonless, angering mechanics. Conqueror, for example.

2. Premium CVs are BETTER than the silver counterparts (if you disagree, their winrates are always better and offer more quirks that make them BETTER, not necessarily EASIER to play.)

3. You get uptiered? Hahahaha you can't attack half the ships in the queue because their AA is too strong. I've seen games where all you can do is spot, and the literal only ship you can attack is the enemy CV. It's like the radar meta but worse.

4. You just finished your T5 CV grind, and now you're introduced to manual controls. People who know how to use them will destroy you,  and you were never taught how to do this in the lower tiers to supposedly prevent sealclubbing. (I think thats a slightly [edited] reason, because now players turn away from CVs after T5.)

5. If you picked American carriers, then congrats! They are worse than the Japanese on every server at every tier! You can't even cross-drop until T10. (If you disagree, again look at the winrates, kills, and damage.)

6. Losing a game is often blamed on the CV, even if you did all that you could.

7. There might always be that one DD that completely ignores the caps and goes around the map to kill you, or the enemy CV could send all his planes on the map border to delete you (I know its the players fault, but this is something that can completely turn a player off from CVs.) 

8. The final reason is that your reserves at mid to low tiers can be really restricting. It is historical and has some merit to it, but there are situations where you lose a few planes and can't even make a full squadron again. Even for experienced players, it can be HARD to save ever little plane and make sure you can attack more than 3 times a battle. 

Even at low tiers(though this is uncommon), AA can be OP.

Are you a Tier IV CV in a Tier V game? Is there a Konig on the enemy team? If so, too bad, because he's going to be nigh-untouchable for you. Is there a Texas on the enemy team? If so, good luck with your match. Is there an AA spec'd Texas on the enemy team? TOO BAD, BECAUSE WITH AN AA RATING OF 80(!), THE TEXAS CAN COMPLETELY MINOTAUR-SHRED YOUR SQUADRONS. KISS GOODBYE TO YOUR MEASLY 24 PLANES! :Smile_sceptic:

Also, some days, RNGesus be like "NOPE! Hey ships with terrible AA on the enemy team, YOU GET A PLANE KILL AND YOU GET A PLANE KILL AND YOU GET A PLANE KILL AND YOU GET SOME PLANE KILLS AND YOU GET SOME PLANE KILLS AND YOU GET A PLANE KILL AND YOU GET A PLANE KILL AND YOU GET A PLANE KILL ! FREE PLANE KILLS FOR EVERYONE BUT THE CV!":cap_wander:

Lastly, some days, your team just falls apart so quickly that you don't have time to execute more than one attack run(with all of your strike planes), and if you aren't very good with manual drop, that won't be enough, and that's IF the enemy CV/CVs suck more than you, which is a pretty darn big IF.