You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mrvelocity

Get a penalty because your game crashs.

12 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
3,203 battles

The game crashs and takes my computer with it and I return to this nonsense from a co-op battle of all things.

D3CA8932-508A-4BBF-8DAC-5787A44D6B81.jpeg

Edited by Mrvelocity
  • Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
1,837 posts
12,880 battles

I see it this way, if you're not there in the game because of bad connection or crash its the same as not contributing to the fleet.  Think of it as a warning for not trying to get back in the game in time to help the fleet. Its not necessarily for the crash or the bad connection, BUT its for not gtting back into the game in time to help out. If you would've made it back then you avoided the pink warning. As is I see nothing wrong with it.

• Bad 2

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles

You're probably not going to like what I am about to say, but I am trying to be helpful believe it or not. I'll start off with that if that had happened to anyone, in the length you were gone, they would have been pink as well.

Second, and this is just my experience which is not down playing yours, but I have only crashed "maybe" 3 times in the 3 years I've been playing. When I have crashed, I've been able to load back into the game immediately and without penalty. 

When I say immediately, I am referring to two crashes requiring a reboot of my PC and reload of the game, all of which from the time of crashto loaded back into the game was right around 1 minute. A solid state drive helps immensely with load times as it's not just raw CPU, GPU, memory nor internet to make things run smooth or fast.

Without knowing what programs you had running in the background as well as what your PC specs are, I don't think anyone can really help you. I know your thread was about being pink after crashing and coming back in, but that aspect isn't going anywhere, at least anytime soon.

So the next best solution is to prevent it from happening again.

Edited by BURN_Miner

[SIDE]
Members
1,250 posts
8,868 battles

SSD hard drives in raid 0. I can get back into ANY game before a penalty is incurred. I am in the top 3 or so to log into battles, giving me a chance to look over both teams' composition before a battle starts. Samsung drives have come down drastically in price.

If you don't have them, then maybe you should think about upgrading.

• Bad 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,279 posts
5,852 battles

@BURN_Miner 

If you can reload your computer, type in your password, boot the system, open the launcher enter the game and load the match TWICE in less than 60 seconds I may off you for your computer. 

Members
267 posts
4,742 battles

I don't know if I am the only one here but I noticed that my performance is worse with the latest update, longer load times, some stuttering or freezing sometimes and I usually had 61 stable fps. I am also suffering from high ping that sometimes makes the game unplayable and I have to leave. All those things obviously affect my performance.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,862 posts
12,603 battles

@Mrvelocity You are not alone Whenever such as this happens to any of us Guess What? We get the same penalty If you feel so strongly that you have been wronged you can plea your case to any of the Devs, WG staff, Community monitors etc but don't hold your breath for the penalty to be lifted

[KRAK]
Members
1,230 posts
13,634 battles
3 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

I see it this way, if you're not there in the game because of bad connection or crash its the same as not contributing to the fleet.  Think of it as a warning for not trying to get back in the game in time to help the fleet. Its not necessarily for the crash or the bad connection, BUT its for not gtting back into the game in time to help out. If you would've made it back then you avoided the pink warning. As is I see nothing wrong with it.

You cannot get back into the game when it happens. WoWs Hijacks your computer and forces you to reboot.

[SPARO]
[SPARO]
Members
52 posts
4,532 battles

Mr Velocity

The same exact thing happened to me  yesterday. I was going along happily and suddenly the system crashed. It happened again within the next four battles and I could not get back into the game

in 60sec. It takes about 60 sec. for my 2TB SSD to reboot.  IMHO I believe they should not only lift the penalty but eliminate it altogether. I know it's hard for one machine to detect

if yours (or my machine) has gone KAPUT but if the dev's can create algorithms to perform in a certain way, then they can eliminate that step for concluding that "I'm leaving the game and I

don't care how far in I am". How many folks do you remember (if any) have decided to leave the game just as it starts.  I am a totally logical  person about 90% of the time and this situation

bears no significance in either commander protocol or Wargamers.net protocol.  WHY does this particular penalty have to be assigned when many personal conditions occur where the commander

has absolutely no control over the situation.  If there were a list made up from the dev's team to indicate what the DO's and DONT"s  are before the battles, it may help with some of the OVERLOOKED

issues that are in the game. Many newbies who are working on climbing the ladder only want to have some fun but, the rules are not plainly set up for those who need to know what not-to-do before the battle starts.

If I stay on my soap-box too long, I may be banned for being angry.

PS & BTW  -  The button just below here that says "Notify me of replies"  does not work. It needs to be fixed.

[GTF]
[GTF]
Members
72 posts

For the people who have basically commented "Why didn't you log back in?" That's isn't possible for ALL People. The internet might have gone out, the power, something in the computer may have went yolo, whatever. Not everyone who Crashes may be able to get back in less than a minute. I for one can't because of my extremely poor, Snail Express Internet. It takes my about 5 mins of me trying to back into a fight, and 90% of the time that I do get back in, Im dead or I'm about to be Dead. 

I Think WG should do Two Things:

1. Give us a downloadable Program that will Detect when the Game Crashes and will Notify the Game of the Crash. (and It would also be awesome if the Game would Notify the Players in the Fight as well)

If the Internet/power has gone out however, the Program will hold onto the Notice till the Internet/power kicks back on, the moment the internet/power back up, it will send the Notice.

2. When the game Gets that you have Crashed, a Bot, Trained and Tested, know how your ship works, will take over your ship Till you get back. Yes it is a Bot but it's better than nothing. 

[WORX]
Members
1,837 posts
12,880 battles
7 hours ago, Vaffu said:

You cannot get back into the game when it happens. WoWs Hijacks your computer and forces you to reboot.

Come on big guy, I experience crashes all the time or from time to time. I always get back before I turn pink

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
12 hours ago, Sinboto said:

@BURN_Miner 

If you can reload your computer, type in your password, boot the system, open the launcher enter the game and load the match TWICE in less than 60 seconds I may off you for your computer. 

I never said it crashed twice in the same instance did I? But you assumed the extreme to attempt to make a bloated point it appears, though if you were being humorous, sorry as it didn't come through all that well in the text. Also, typing in a password, in today's age where people generally don't have to look at the keyboard anymore, heck I don't and I turn 40 tomorrow, I mean come on. So yes, I can completely reboot my system, after a crash, reload windows 10 Pro, Click the launcher, type in my password, have the game launch and get back into the game in under or about 1 minute.

If you care to look at my system specs, the entire specs are listed in my signature and I even posted pics of it which are on shipcomrade.com (in the same post as my specs).

EDIT: Just checked and yup, the specs and pics are still there, though a poster whom I had replied to, his post is no longer there for some reason. So it looks like I am responding to no one about a PC issue. lol

Edited by BURN_Miner