Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

4 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
6 posts
605 battles

Having trouble figuring out the Super Heavy AP on the Balti - I've never been this far up the line and I'm so used to spamming HE after the T6 Cleveland and T7 New Orleans. 

I have had no problem firing the AP at other cruisers however when it comes to battleships, when can I fire 203mm SHS AP rounds at them? I've been in matches wherein I was told to fire the AP within a close range to a Montana, and others where I've bounced off another Battleship at medium range. Just when can I use this SHS AP?

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,468 posts
5,673 battles

Generally (against battleships).

• Broadside = fire superheavy. All ranges.
  • Slightly angled (angled 30-90 degrees) = fire super heavy at medium and close ranges, otherwise HE is better.
  • Extremely angled (nose-in) = switch to HE.

Try experimenting a little bit, eventually you'll get the hang of what angles they can penetrate. While their penetration angles are quite generous, they still have limits and there are certainly angles and ranges where HE is going to be the better pick.

Edited by Cruiser_StLouis
  • Cool 2

[SIDE]
Members
1,262 posts
8,902 battles

For Moskva, I use AP aimed at the citadel of broadside battleships at close range, and AP if that's whats loaded on BB superstructure from further out if the BB starts to angle, up to mid range. Long range, it's mostly HE at the superstructure.

The principle is generally the same from Moskva to Baltimore.

[LEGIO]
Members
44 posts
5,658 battles

For this ship do you use IFHE on the HE, or take AFT since it doesnt really appear possible to take both if CE is necessary.   

Sign in to follow this