You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
STOGGYRETURNS

Premium Time in the Arsenal - Yes/No

21 comments in this topic

[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
11,146 battles

How would everyone feel about the idea of there being premium time options available in the Arsenal for coal prices? 

[STW-M]
Members
2,044 posts
5,861 battles

While it is a feasible idea, the unfortunate reality that premium time is one of WG's prime ways of making money, alongside things like premium ships, free xp conversion, and christmas containers.

Making something that usually costs money potentially obtainable for free without either a lot of grinding (like the free xp ships) or RNG (like premium ships in supercontainers) is not good for WG's bottom line.

If they do implement such a thing, expect the coal costs to be rather high.

[RKLES]
Members
7,198 posts
8,955 battles
Just now, Avenge_December_7 said:

While it is a feasible idea, the unfortunate reality that premium time is one of WG's prime ways of making money, alongside things like premium ships, free xp conversion, and christmas containers.

Making something that usually costs money potentially obtainable for free without either a lot of grinding (like the free xp ships) or RNG (like premium ships in supercontainers) is not good for WG's bottom line.

Forget the Coal, Wargaming would probably make it cost Steel instead, which is hard to aquire.

• Cool 2

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
2,112 posts
3,577 battles
Just now, Avenge_December_7 said:

with the current amounts of coal being handed out-

WG could not only keep people playing by getting them to grind for coal, but also keep people playing while they have the purchased premium time. like any other reason WG gives small amounts of dubs and prem time, it also gets you to consider buying some because youll miss it once its gone.

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
1 hour ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

How would everyone feel about the idea of there being premium time options available in the Arsenal for coal prices? 

Dude, just go get a part-time job to pay for your premium. The amount of effort and thought you invest in trying to concoct ways to get free premium would be better served just earning some coin.

[AXANR]
263 posts
11,146 battles
5 minutes ago, Lensar said:

Dude, just go get a part-time job to pay for your premium. The amount of effort and thought you invest in trying to concoct ways to get free premium would be better served just earning some coin.

Disabled. I used to build multi-million dollar swimming pools for rich people my working days are over. No my idea comes more from being an EVE online player and using my ISK to by PLEXs (30 day timecards) and the WOWP token mechanic that allows you to buy 30 days.

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
3 minutes ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

Disabled. I used to build multi-million dollar swimming pools for rich people my working days are over. No my idea comes more from being an EVE online player and using my ISK to by PLEXs (30 day timecards) and the WOWP token mechanic that allows you to buy 30 days.

Unless WG adds some form of player to player economy, that's not going to happen. Maybe you can come up with some ideas on how a player to player economy would work in the Wargaming universe of games.

[AXANR]
263 posts
11,146 battles
43 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

with the current amounts of coal being handed out-

WG could not only keep people playing by getting them to grind for coal, but also keep people playing while they have the purchased premium time. like any other reason WG gives small amounts of dubs and prem time, it also gets you to consider buying some because youll miss it once its gone.

Nah I disagree. IT WAS.... there prime way of making money but now it is ships. They have taking on the RSI model in that respect only difference is you actually get to play them now instead of never/soon. WOWP is dead but they are still making money on selling new planes. Easier access to premium in my opinion would be a better way to prime the pump so to speak and get the lower levels up to us Tier X'ers  faster.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
42 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Forget the Coal, Wargaming would probably make it cost Steel instead, which is hard to aquire.

Pretty much. Unless there's some outlandish price-tag on it or coal suddenly becomes a LOT scarcer, I don't see it happening. Neat idea, but it'd basically be WG cutting back on one of their more reliable revenue streams.

[AXANR]
263 posts
11,146 battles
1 minute ago, Lensar said:

Unless WG adds some form of player to player economy, that's not going to happen. Maybe you can come up with some ideas on how a player to player economy would work in the Wargaming universe of games.

Well I have a thread up about how I farmed 30days in warplanes for the first time just the other day. It is theoretically their but they still fail to unify concepts across the platform. The economies have connections in ways but no consistency between them other then the ability to use premium you bought from one in the other. If one has it why not all? 

[AXANR]
263 posts
11,146 battles
2 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Pretty much. Unless there's some outlandish price-tag on it or coal suddenly becomes a LOT scarcer, I don't see it happening. Neat idea, but it'd basically be WG cutting back on one of their more reliable revenue streams.

World of Warplanes is the feeder game where they currently do that. I'm just saying why not import the concept to ships since it is so much better of a game. Get the higher volume of people and market them virtual items and physical like a MF.

sfewrewqaerfe.PNG

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
4 minutes ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

Well I have a thread up about how I farmed 30days in warplanes for the first time just the other day. It is theoretically their but they still fail to unify concepts across the platform. The economies have connections in ways but no consistency between them other then the ability to use premium you bought from one in the other. If one has it why not all? 

Well, to be fair Warplanes is also kind of the red-headed stepchild of the three that has an active playerbase which can probably be measured with three digits. They are DESPERATE to get people to play it so they can build up a population which can get them some decent income, of course they'll throw shinies at the players. WoWs does not have that problem.

• Cool 1

[AXANR]
263 posts
11,146 battles
9 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Well, to be fair Warplanes is also kind of the red-headed stepchild of the three that has an active playerbase which can probably be measured with three digits. They are DESPERATE to get people to play it so they can build up a population which can get them some decent income, of course they'll throw shinies at the players. WoWs does not have that problem.

They have different problems like will a player ever launch as a plane off the deck of a player CV in a totally different game mode. That has only been staring them in the face for ever but meh I guess they forgot their own dreams. 

Your so right to it is the unloved, underdeveloped step child but everything done on an NA server can be said the same from the mouth of a Russian who plays on the only true wargaming servers in Russia. The only ones they actually care about at wargaming. We are the feeders that advance their servers. So trust me if they can send me free premium ships because I haven't logged in for awhile then they can manage spreading the premium love around a bit more then they do. 

[LEGIT]
Members
448 posts
6,404 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

100 steel per day seems reasonable. dont ya think?

[SIDE]
Members
1,247 posts
8,868 battles
2 hours ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

I am ambivalent about the idea, mostly because I still have over a full year of premium left.

However, from WG perspective, it's clearly a good income generator for them, so you're never going to see it implemented.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,756 posts
4,567 battles

150 tokens these days is helluva lot of work with "daily" mission the way it is. Like, a month of scoring the two easy token achievements and at least 3 epic achievements every day without failing. Tokens also have myriads of other uses that can potentially bring in better stuff, not unlike Ships' buying stuff from Arsenal, but only as limited offers.

Make it cost like a month's worth of coal boxes (24k-36k) and that should be fair enough. Either hard work of picking nothing but 2-3 coal boxes a day for a whole month or 2500 gold for the same number with much less hassle. In the end, neither is worth it since there are much better use out of those special resources.

[PVE]
Members
9,580 posts
7,466 battles
3 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

This ^^^^

o7

[AXANR]
263 posts
11,146 battles
4 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

It doesn't have to be in there on the cheap or anything but the option at a coal cost would be nice in my opinion. 

[90THS]
Members
218 posts
879 battles

Unlikely, Unless you can suggest WG another way to make more money while they can sacrifice a couple day of premium time and still have no effect to overall income for company. (And has to be very practical and have reliable results)
more option to playerbase is nice to have, but don't forget that game need to be funded to alive or your game will be close down very soon.

Edited by New_Horizontal

[PVE]
Members
9,580 posts
7,466 battles
48 minutes ago, New_Horizontal said:

Unlikely, Unless you can suggest WG another way to make more money while they can sacrifice a couple day of premium time and still have no effect to overall income for company. (And has to be very practical and have reliable results)
more option to playerbase is nice to have, but don't forget that game need to be funded to alive or your game will be close down very soon.

Yep, the game is free to play, not free to develop

[KAPPA]
Members
206 posts
4,356 battles

There are more sides to the coin than simply "it'll hurt WG's bottom line". For example, if they added it, people would be grinding for it, and that would improve player count potentially. Not actual count most likely, but the number of players playing at any given time, which would no doubt look good for them. Make it implausible to get it going continuously and that would push some people to spend, too, as they'd not want a gap.