You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OttoVonPrien

Impossible clan battle hrs for working adults

9 comments in this topic

[KMS]
Beta Testers
45 posts
10,196 battles

I assume it is safe to say working adults spend the most money on this game. Yet weekday clan battle hrs. are almost impossible for anyone working 8 or 9 am to 5pm.

when I worked 8am to 5pm I did not get home till almost 6:30. and that was the norm for people in my area. Yet Battle hrs. wed-thur. are 6:30 to 10:30 PM eastern time zone which equals 3:30 to 7:30 pm Pacific.

If you are in the Eastern zone, you could run in the door and right to your computer, forget the wife , forget the kids, forget dinner, forget staying married. And the players in central don't have it much better as It will have started before they get home.

Guys on the west coast, well by the time they fire up the computer, they might get in one battle before it is over, unless of course they skip out from work early, in which case they might find themselves having all the game-time they want (but alas no money to spend on it). 

Because of all the time zones, there is no perfect solution, But I suggest Moving the start time back on weekdays and expanding the length to 5 even 6 hrs. after all no one is forcing anyone to play clan battles the whole time it is open. and no reason weekday and weekend times have to be the same.

While some people do get off at 3pm or work past 5pm or might have a weekday off, assuming getting home between 6-6:30pm M-F is reasonable to accommodate the most working people (players on line does not equate with spenders on line).

• Cool 1

[R-R-R]
Members
975 posts
6,615 battles

Agree with you.

Most of my clan are actually from western coast. So we are pretty much limited to play on weekends. Even then the time is not very convenient, overlapping dinner time.

On weekdays, we may occasionally play for the last hour of the session.

I think the CW session should be at least 1-2 hours longer.

Edited by Exciton8964

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I have said this before 2 days 48 hours of clan battles start at Noon Friday end noon Sunday

• Cool 1

[CAFE]
Members
1,396 posts
10,763 battles
47 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

I assume it is safe to say working adults spend the most money on this game. Yet weekday clan battle hrs. are almost impossible for anyone working 8 or 9 am to 5pm.

when I worked 8am to 5pm I did not get home till almost 6:30. and that was the norm for people in my area. Yet Battle hrs. wed-thur. are 6:30 to 10:30 PM eastern time zone which equals 3:30 to 7:30 pm Pacific.

If you are in the Eastern zone, you could run in the door and right to your computer, forget the wife , forget the kids, forget dinner, forget staying married. And the players in central don't have it much better as It will have started before they get home.

Guys on the west coast, well by the time they fire up the computer, they might get in one battle before it is over, unless of course they skip out from work early, in which case they might find themselves having all the game-time they want (but alas no money to spend on it). 

Because of all the time zones, there is no perfect solution, But I suggest Moving the start time back on weekdays and expanding the length to 5 even 6 hrs. after all no one is forcing anyone to play clan battles the whole time it is open. and no reason weekday and weekend times have to be the same.

While some people do get off at 3pm or work past 5pm or might have a weekday off, assuming getting home between 6-6:30pm M-F is reasonable to accommodate the most working people (players on line does not equate with spenders on line).

I work a 9-5 job and seem to be able to play CB fine... Also CB runs from 7:30PM-11:30PM ET

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
11,146 battles
1 hour ago, FratStar4Life said:

I work a 9-5 job and seem to be able to play CB fine... Also CB runs from 7:30PM-11:30PM ET

Which for the west coast is 4:30PM to 8:30PM PST. Caln wars should run from 4:30 EST until midnight PST or 3:00AM EST. That is the only thing that will fix it and be more inclusive.  It's called the NORTH AMERICAN server not the EAST COAST server. Why would it be one time zone centered?

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
140 posts
11,225 battles

I work nights but seem to be able to play at least 2 of the 4 DAYS each week that you can play clan battles so maybe they should change the time to 8 am -Noon so I can play all of the days:Smile_teethhappy:

[VW]
Members
1,945 posts
12,499 battles

Make clan battles around the clock, same as ranked. At the very least extend it two hours on each side.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
514 posts
4,670 battles

Working nights in central sucks cause I get about one hour for all but Saturday.  It still baffles me why Friday isn't a CW day either considering most people can stay up later since they won't have to be up for work the next day.