You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

Crushing weekend defeats

26 comments in this topic

[BBICT]
Members
3,379 posts
3,573 battles

I'm not one to complain about weekend warriors...but this one had me hanging my head...

rzJFbFL.jpg

Yeah I know, carry harder Davos! 

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,429 battles

Jeez man. Grab sack, load your ship up and go out and blow red ships to flaming shards of metal.

[SHAFT]
Members
208 posts
10,285 battles

Looks like you got the wrong side of the MM coin flip.

Weekend has actually been better for me, during the week was horrible.

Weekend.png

[BBICT]
Members
3,379 posts
3,573 battles

Yeah, I know this runs in streaks...but It's been more than a little strange today...even had a Leningrad div fail into a Tier x match.... :fish_panic: To his credit, he got a kill and we won, LOL!!! 

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
208 posts
10,285 battles
3 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Yeah, I know this runs in streaks...but It's been more than a little strange today...even had a Leningrad div fail into a Tier x match.... :fish_panic: To his credit, he got a kill and we won, LOL!!! 

Wow....madness.....but then again, no Russian bias.....Lenny can dukka dukka good.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,336 battles

I can relate; I had a crap Saturday myself. I must have been in a half dozen matches where I looked up halfway through the game and we were 2 ships ahead, and looked up a couple of minutes later and it was me and someone else and a buttload of angry red ships. And another minute later, I'm enjoying someone's patch and emblem filling my screen. Fact is, a couple of times I was so frustrated I made a really dumb mistake and did it to myself. Seriously, I can only feel good about not going totally off on some players; I was only mildly abrasive.

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
4 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

I'm not one to complain about weekend warriors...but this one had me hanging my head...

I've got you beat!

gearing.JPG

And why isn't there an achievement for out scoring everyone on the winning team and still losing?

gearing2.JPG

• Cool 1

[TMS]
Members
1,742 posts
22,088 battles

First 2 games for today both on the same map and both boring, my team ain't going to move from the one cap that i have capped and still let the  red team take back teammates.

eh5aGE.png

And i took enough risks to try to get things moving with nearly 750k  of potential. 

ZSZLa9.png

The BBs have been hiding and camping behind rocks more than the cruisers today so far.

And this first battle.

pZKbwi.png

Edited by Final8ty

[INTEL]
Members
8,597 posts
25,764 battles
On 7/14/2018 at 5:07 PM, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

rzJFbFL.jpg

Yeah I know, carry harder Davos! 

My last three games in DM, all 150K, all losses. 

I shouldn't play Randoms on the weekends. But just got Gearing.

It would be more fun to play, but there's still too much radar in the game, choking it to death. 

[ARGSY]
Members
6,422 posts
4,302 battles
6 hours ago, Umikami said:

I can relate; I had a crap Saturday myself. I must have been in a half dozen matches where I looked up halfway through the game and we were 2 ships ahead, and looked up a couple of minutes later and it was me and someone else and a buttload of angry red ships. And another minute later, I'm enjoying someone's patch and emblem filling my screen. Fact is, a couple of times I was so frustrated I made a really dumb mistake and did it to myself. Seriously, I can only feel good about not going totally off on some players; I was only mildly abrasive.

I think I was in one of those games, on the other side. You were driving a Banned Japanese Destroyer IIRC and you and your Fuso companion (who killed me) did not quite prevail against our Giulio. But that Giulio captain had a thrilling finish, and one man's sterling effort is oftentimes another's crushing disappointment (of which I had many last night before success finally crowned my efforts).

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,336 battles
6 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think I was in one of those games, on the other side. You were driving a Banned Japanese Destroyer IIRC and you and your Fuso companion (who killed me) did not quite prevail against our Giulio. But that Giulio captain had a thrilling finish, and one man's sterling effort is oftentimes another's crushing disappointment (of which I had many last night before success finally crowned my efforts).

Yeah, I remember that match; and your BB driver did a good job of getting me and our Fuso about 2 seconds before I was able to launch my torps to do him in. I'm pretty sure he got a double strike for that. Those are the kinds of losses I had all day yesterday. And yeah, I was driving my Kami R.

[FACT]
Members
401 posts
3,935 battles

Right there with you, OP. WG and MM reward me losses when I have stellar games. Every. Single. Time.

Then they turn around and toss a win my way when I have a 40k damage game in the very next battle I play. RNG Gods and Trolls are REAL!!!

shot-18.07.14_14.02.36-0507.jpg

shot-18.07.14_14.02.40-0017.jpg

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,872 posts
4,757 battles

This morning made me rage quit. 5 straight losses, 4 of them with no kills on the enemy team. Morons with shimas rushing caps and just terribad RNG.

It comes in waves I'll div with OPG tonight and have fun.

To be fair they've been having bad nights to from the chatter in TS. I know I'm not crazy when the unicums of unicums can't ever carry that hot garbage.

[BBICT]
Members
3,379 posts
3,573 battles

Well, today the coin flipped, and I had a pretty good run... Even a win in my Eugen, LOL. I thought I was in trouble when I got wrecked in my first Republic game of the day....but the second made up for it:

fplyuwy.jpg

I was a very bad man... I felt like Bevis and Butthead... "Fire! Fire! FIREEEEEE!" 

[ARGSY]
Members
6,422 posts
4,302 battles
3 hours ago, Umikami said:

Yeah, I remember that match; and your BB driver did a good job of getting me and our Fuso about 2 seconds before I was able to launch my torps to do him in. I'm pretty sure he got a double strike for that. Those are the kinds of losses I had all day yesterday. And yeah, I was driving my Kami R.

He got double strike, close quarters expert and Kraken unleashed, and you were his sixth kill by a whisker. When someone's on a roll like that, there's no disgrace in losing to them - they were having one of those games, and you were just unlucky enough to be on the wrong end of it. It's funny because my team-chat was telling him he had absolutely no chance against you and take the battleship first, which he did... barely. I was terrified you were going to show up at the last second and make a diving reef out of him, and I think all of us were amazed he survived.

I didn't actually notice it was you in the Kami R until I looked at the results screen afterwards. You guys did well to almost snatch victory after our Indianapolis came out to die a potato's death, and if I had any compliments left afterwards for worthy adversaries, you and the Fuso got them.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,336 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I didn't actually notice it was you in the Kami R until I looked at the results screen afterwards. You guys did well to almost snatch victory after our Indianapolis came out to die a potato's death, and if I had any compliments left afterwards for worthy adversaries, you and the Fuso got them.

It WAS a good game, right to the very end. My Ego thinks your guy got lucky, but somehow fails to explain those first 5 kills, LOL! All in all I had a good game, 3 kills and lots of damage, so I can't complain as I have a boatload of losses just like that, good games and finish high but no win. And don't feel bad about not noticing me until the match was over; I didn't notice you at all! See ya in the game Amigo!

[ARGSY]
Members
6,422 posts
4,302 battles
13 minutes ago, Umikami said:

It WAS a good game, right to the very end. My Ego thinks your guy got lucky, but somehow fails to explain those first 5 kills, LOL! All in all I had a good game, 3 kills and lots of damage, so I can't complain as I have a boatload of losses just like that, good games and finish high but no win. And don't feel bad about not noticing me until the match was over; I didn't notice you at all! See ya in the game Amigo!

I would like to think he had the good fortune that sometimes favours the brave.

As for me, I knew the Gneisenau torps that took me down to almost zero health were coming, but he didn't launch them for an age and so my guard was down. And when he died, I was pinned against the map border and couldn't turn away; I took all three broadside and barely survived. The Fuso turned up too soon after that for me to reload for the broadside that might have killed him, and even with my heal available there was almost no health pool left to regenerate. I didn't care by that stage; I was done with Indy Marathon tasks, and the only reason I was desperate for the win was because the XP bonus would have finished my captain's training in that ship.

Members
243 posts

Report these individuals for unsportsmanlike conduct.  The sheer lack of accountability for basic productivity is something that they need to be called out for.  life shows no mercy so neither do we.  

[BBICT]
Members
3,379 posts
3,573 battles
6 hours ago, Sensai_Lawrence said:

Report these individuals for unsportsmanlike conduct.  The sheer lack of accountability for basic productivity is something that they need to be called out for.  life shows no mercy so neither do we.  

Do you need a hug?