You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bubbleboy264

BUFFALO IS COMPLETE GARBAGE I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE

40 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
403 posts
5,411 battles

This ship is so awful, the range is so bad, and you have to give up dpm just to have somewhat useable range, and it gets targeted by everyone. I don’t know how to play it I just don’t get it. It’s so bad please can anyone help. How do I play it I try to use islands but I just get radared or plane spotted. I just want the damn Des Moines

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Members
2,590 posts
12,434 battles

they lost 4 superbowls in a row, and cant draft a good player to save their lives.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8

[WOLF4]
Members
403 posts
5,411 battles
9 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

they lost 4 superbowls in a row, and cant draft a good player to save their lives.

Very funny but I would like some actual serious responses thank you very much, my frustration levels have hit their limit 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

I feel like I could like her, but her reload is too garbage. Rudder shift is hopeless. Bow-on doesn't work. Only thing I can say is FXP. Oh, and maybe try spotter aircraft?

Members
2,590 posts
12,434 battles
2 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

Very funny but I would like some actual serious responses thank you very much, my frustration levels have hit their limit 

how many point captain do you have in it? It was grandfathered to me, it replaced my beloved Baltimore....and because of which I will despise Buffalo in RL for eternity.... 12 games 58%... so blah.... I urge you to spend an hour looking up Cat on Board on youtube. and watch him play the Des Moines, it translates to all US cruisers. he changed my life. After watching and learning how he plays I went to over 70% in over close to 100 games in my Baltimore. I am not that good, he is, watch his vids.. you will get better.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
729 posts
11,940 battles

Hey, brother. Here is a video that might help a little.

I only have one game in the Buffalo (a loss), though I managed 74k damage. I opted to work through Dallas to Helena before picking up Buffalo in earnest.

I hope the video helps. There are likely other CCs with helpful Youtube videos, if you look around a bit.

Respects,

Am

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
329 posts
4,659 battles

I'm just going to say - besides YouTube CC's ( who do a pretty good job), running 20 games of co-op will at least point you to the right way to play and usually don't take 10 minutes.

Or you could do training room, but that doesn't help with grinding.

Everyone should be able to handle cruisers well.

[4HIM]
Members
1,806 posts
4,095 battles
2 minutes ago, cavscout1739 said:

running 20 games of co-op will at least point you to the right way to play and usually don't take 10 minutes.

Last time I ran it in PvE, I had a decent enough game but even with premium I lost a bit over 11k credits.  But overall yeah, I'm just not feeling the love for this one at all.  I've had a couple good games in it, and a bunch of really bad ones.  

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,010 posts
9,045 battles
35 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

If you want a serious response, ask your question like an adult instead of screaming like a brat kid.

Until then, maybe you should become a pats fan instead. I don’t think the Bills will ever be good again.

Edited by SavageTactical
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
329 posts
4,659 battles

I also don't run premium consumables on anything except clan or ranked under my impression that I will get gud without those game crutches. And when I'm feeling especially snarky, sans cammo too.

[WOLF4]
Members
403 posts
5,411 battles
1 minute ago, SavageTactical said:

If you want a serious response, ask your question like an adult instead of screaming like a brat kid.

Until then, maybe you should become a pats fan instead.

“Screaming”, yeah right totally, I’m just a little baby aren’t I, wow what an original insult. Just piss off with that please, I’m sick of it and I’m sick of this ship

• Bad 2

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
3 minutes ago, cavscout1739 said:

I also don't run premium consumables on anything except clan or ranked under my impression that I will get gud without those game crutches. And when I'm feeling especially snarky, sans cammo too.

So you give the enemy more advantages by running no premium modules or camo and are under the false impression running without these will make you a better player? No it's not. I hope you don't end up on my team. I can understand the consumables if you are short on credits depending on your tier but not the camo which benefits you more so than the players around you. Specially at higher tiers where every bit of an edge can make a difference in a fight. 30 second difference on DCP can make or break a fight really easy.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Members
2,590 posts
12,434 battles
13 minutes ago, cavscout1739 said:

that is like farting without undies after a night of booze. you just cant do it. sigh.

Beta Testers
2,987 posts
4,421 battles
2 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

that is like farting without undies after a night of booze. you just cant do it. sigh.

please  don't post this ever again,this kind of mental image is not cool.

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,050 battles
1 hour ago, bubbleboy264 said:

This ship is so awful, the range is so bad, and you have to give up dpm just to have somewhat useable range, and it gets targeted by everyone. I don’t know how to play it I just don’t get it. It’s so bad please can anyone help. How do I play it I try to use islands but I just get radared or plane spotted. I just want the damn Des Moines

Just use it in Co op battles, until you can get the XP to research the Des Moines. It's a shame that there are no scenarios you can play it in. Free XP if you are not saving it for something better, which I assume you are. Other wise it is just like the old tier 9 US CL grind, I hated that.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,455 posts
11,772 battles

The Des Moines played the same.

Members
1,151 posts
3,141 battles

Buffalo's reload should get knocked down to Baltimore's reload of 10 seconds. The ship gets another turret so it has a "heavier" salvo, as well as the 6th upgrade slot, making Buffalo a logical continuation of the line and helping players to get used to the faster reload that they will get with Des Moines. 

[INTEL]
Members
8,588 posts
25,729 battles
18 hours ago, bubbleboy264 said:

I got mine right away, played it in coop many games, and realized I would never take it into Randoms. There is no situation in which Buffalo will be more useful or dangerous than Des Moines, and it is certainly much less fun. Since T9s are de facto T10, I just play DM and sold Buffalo.  

It's also a total downgrade from the old Baltimore, which at least had range. You could spec it for fire, spam out HE, and do decent damage from afar before pushing up to kill stuff. That 13 sec reload on the Nuffalo is stupidly slow, and the gimped range is ridiculous. I dont understand how a ship that awful made it past the supertesters. As a BB driver, I love seeing Buffalos.

How awful is it? On the NA server it is the worst T9 cruiser, neck and neck with the mediocre Ibuki. Mind you, this is the phase of its existence when the best players should be playing it. Its current numbers will fall. Unfortunately it is actually ahead of Neptune, Donskoi, and Ibuki in average damage on the RU server (how?) and so will never get the buff it needs. Here are the RU numbers.
image.png.ef0bf8237266265f34aeefaa33a053c0.png

It needs a 9 second reload and torps, which it had in one incarnation, as I recall, just to be competitive.

The best advice you already got: if you cant FXP it, grind it up in coop. It is that bad. But if can play Atlanta and Helena, you will love DM. Dat AP.... 

Edited by Taichunger

[SIDE]
Members
1,435 posts
2 hours ago, bubbleboy264 said:

This has to be bait.... Ship is darn near perfect for tier 9. I don’t see how it could be better without it being over powered.

Edited by thebigblue

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,852 posts
4,743 battles
2 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

One word: ibuki.

Izumo, checkmate.