You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Willy55_1955

Indianapolis Marathon Depression

33 comments in this topic

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
315 posts
9,901 battles

I just realized yesterday that I was going to miss the mark on this marathon, only 20 of 21 missions. Somewhere along the line I missed out on a couple of missions. Tried keeping track with the mission slider but since missions ran multiple days I lost track. All that work for naught. My fault. I just wish there was a lifesaver mission available to make that final mission for 21.

[TBW]
Members
6,399 posts
12,011 battles
2 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

I just realized yesterday that I was going to miss the mark on this marathon, only 20 of 21 missions. Somewhere along the line I missed out on a couple of missions. Tried keeping track with the mission slider but since missions ran multiple days I lost track. All that work for naught. My fault. I just wish there was a lifesaver mission available to make that final mission for 21.

You can buy it if you want it.

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,224 battles

That sucks!! I wish campaigns like this were linear instead of time gated. Especially in the middle of summer when people are gone on vacations.

• Cool 3

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
1 minute ago, Willy55_1955 said:

There is, It's called a $3 dollar santa crate. Just kidding, kinda. In reality the Pepsi is the same, and in some ways better, The Indi's radar brings it to close to the action but you feel compelled to use it......However I  understand. its always cool to get a premium, especially one that has such a history of the Indianapolis.

[LOU1]
Members
3,019 posts
8,125 battles

i think they are time gated because the purpose is to incentivize regular play - induce people to play regular to keep the queue reasonable.

• Cool 2

[CAST]
Members
1,424 posts
5,956 battles
32 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

On the bright side your efforts did net you 20 additional US containers, which in turn gave you a big leg up on completing the Halsey collection (along with a good number of stars & stripes camos & signals along the way).

It does still suck, and I do feel your pain--I forget which ship it was, but I had the same thing happen to me some time ago.  But there's always the next ship. :Smile_great:

Edited by Harv72b

Members
2,122 posts

I only play 3-5 games a day and some how finished it about a week ago... I didn't even care, because I already had the ship and 1.2 billion credits.

• Boring 1

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
468 posts

i got mine yesterday weeee lol

i think it would be nice to offer coupons for it for people that didnt make it tho

like 75% completed 75% off coupon 

50% completed 50% off coupon

i think it would be fair to players who just didnt have enuff gametime to finish it

real life happens really....and by giving coupons wargaming would make some extra $$ so why not hey?

• Cool 3

[NEIN]
[NEIN]
Members
25 posts
15,205 battles

So here's a depressing thing that just happened , admittedly I wasn't really trying for the Indianapolis since I already had it  but because I was chasing down the US Cruiser line I seemed to have completed the marathon anyway and my reward was.....nothing .   Again I already had the ship , why not a equal amount of Doubloons or something ?

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,189 battles
20 minutes ago, CaptScittino said:

So here's a depressing thing that just happened , admittedly I wasn't really trying for the Indianapolis since I already had it  but because I was chasing down the US Cruiser line I seemed to have completed the marathon anyway and my reward was.....nothing .   Again I already had the ship , why not a equal amount of Doubloons or something ?

I had the Indianapolis as well and finished the marathon. I got a port slot, a 6 point captain, and a small herd of credits which I needed like another hole in the head. The only thing interesting for me out of the whole campaign was getting the oil for crate collecting. The contents were not memorable and the silly camo for finishing the collection was just awful. The whole thing was disappointing and just a big letdown. 

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,224 battles
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I had the Indianapolis as well and finished the marathon. I got a port slot, a 6 point captain, and a small herd of credits which I needed like another hole in the head. The only thing interesting for me out of the whole campaign was getting the oil for crate collecting. The contents were not memorable and the silly camo for finishing the collection was just awful. The whole thing was disappointing and just a big letdown. 

Well, free stuff is free, thankfully

[O_O]
Members
4,401 posts
9,529 battles
29 minutes ago, CaptScittino said:

You got 11.25 million silver if you already had Indianapolis.

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,189 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

Thanks Desmo, I didn't even notice how many I got. It just banked with the half a billion credits I already had... 

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
186 posts
5,104 battles

I got the Indianapolis on Monday, and I am happy I did, but I am sad I never pulled any of the special missions from all of those containers I opened.

[O_O]
Members
4,401 posts
9,529 battles
Just now, Shannon_Lindsey said:

I got the Indianapolis on Monday, and I am happy I did, but I am sad I never pulled any of the special missions from all of those containers I opened.

I have completed 25 of 26 missions (still need to finish the last one) and gotten all 15 possible (so far) "Nautical Miles of Indianapolis" for playing her.  40 crates.

I haven't gotten any of the personal missions for any of the ships, either.

[-13-]
Members
34 posts
7,276 battles
23 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I have completed 25 of 26 missions (still need to finish the last one) and gotten all 15 possible (so far) "Nautical Miles of Indianapolis" for playing her.  40 crates.

Same here. Not sure the drop rate on personal missions but zero have dropped from any of all the Nautical Miles of Indy. I already owned the ships except the Monahan which would be nice to add to the stable.

[BBC]
Members
930 posts
12,307 battles

I went on a 5 day trip and a 8 day trip. I triple checked the website  to make sure I would be able to finish my last 2 I need this weekend. I get home in 3 hours. Lol warned wife I had to win a boat..... She understands 

[-WPG-]
Members
801 posts
3,334 battles
2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

FYI if/once you get the Indy you have to play one game in it to start the personal missions. 

[O_O]
Members
4,401 posts
9,529 battles
3 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

FYI if/once you get the Indy you have to play one game in it to start the personal missions. 

I think you misunderstood.  I have had Indianapolis.  I have completed every "Nautical Miles" mission (for playing Indy every 3 days).  I have gotten all the reward crates for the event, but have yet to one of those crates to drop a personal mission for Cleveland, Monaghan, Kidd, or Atlanta.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
1,111 posts
11,934 battles

Meh...I paid real money for the ship when it came out; would have been far better if we were credited with doubloons.

• Boring 1

[TF-64]
Members
372 posts
12,781 battles

Me neither. But I considered the Xtra ships bonuses anyway since I have lousy luck. I was hoping for the ATL though. The extra oil from each container was nice and the camos will help as well. So while I can't complain nabbing the ATL as a bonus would have been nice. 

Members
3 posts
805 battles
3 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Same here, glad to see that I was not the only one to not get a mission.

A friend of mine got all of the missions in 10 crates.

Edited by Cowdad

Beta Testers
848 posts
8,208 battles

I just noticed I completed the marathon finale but did not notice any awards from doing so - no notification of any creds, capt, etc. as I already have the ship. completed 21 missions total and see no way to track it in port. Haven't paid attention to it at all... so not sure what is supposed to happen when you complete the marathon finale and already have the ship.  I may have received credits but don't remember what I had before the notice of completing the finale... and there was no notification in port of anything awarded. 

[PVE]
Members
382 posts
8,583 battles

That sucks for barely missing it but you aren't missing out on much. 

Everyone shoots at you because radar and squishy so that means humping islands, which in turn limits the effectiveness of the radar. 

It's one of those "challenging" ships to play and dependent on the team for wins since she carries like a lead balloon loaded full of bricks. 

Edited by Rabbitt81