Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

MM is not random!!!! (proof its rigged)

37 comments in this topic

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles

I submit that despite WG's claims that MM is not rigged for or against any player, it is. We all know that MM is not random (although I'm sure a few people would dispute that), if it were completely random, we'd have games with t1's in t10 games and 5 cv's on one side and none on the other. So MM is not random. It knows what it is doing.

The point of contention is that beyond the tier and ship limitations, it is random. Well, it's not random, MM is "rigged". Every time a player hits the battle button, the MM selects 23 other players to play with that person. It selects 11 random team mates and 12 random opponents. The person hitting the battle button already knows what one player on their team is capable of, for good or for bad. There is more randomness on the enemy team than on your team. (1/1 chance of complete randomness on the enemy team, only 11/12 chance on your team)

Yes, there are people out there that don't believe that one player in a team of 12 can affect their outcome for good or for bad. They don't believe they can affect their winrate to any extent. So to those people, I have one simple question: Where is the line where one person can affect their winrate? Is it in a team of 11? A team of 7? A team of 2? A team of 1? Or can a single person not even affect their winrate in a 1v1 game? After 1000 random 1v1 games, good players won't have a higher winrate and not as good players will have a lower winrate?

You want to affect your winrate? Then look around, there are many ways to do that, There are great sources on youtube, twitch and even here on the forum where you can learn how to affect your winrate.

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 6

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles

where the proof?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles
5 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

where the proof?

Image result for math meme

pretty basic.... but yeah, the math is what I was using as my proof, as lame as that sounds. I could provide screenshots from all of my games, showing the same pesky potato who makes the same stupid mistakes over and over on my team every. single. time.

Edited by Ducky_shot

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
470 posts

i read a post this month about MM putting you with low wr players dont know if its true or not

if it is its kinda messed up really

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles
3 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

i read a post this month about MM putting you with low wr players dont know if its true or not

if it is its kinda messed up really

Yes, MM puts everyone on teams with lower WR teammate's... lets think that one through again.

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Bad 1

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles
5 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Image result for math meme

pretty basic.... but yeah, the math is what I was using as my proof, as lame as that sounds. I could provide screenshots from all of my games, showing the same pesky potato who makes the same stupid mistakes over and over on my team every. single. time.

doesn't mean it proof

• Boring 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles
Just now, MajorRenegade said:

doesn't mean it proof

then disprove it. :cap_cool:

• Bad 2

Members
241 posts

I just report crappy players for unsportsmanlike conduct.  they are ruining the game for everyone else that's not sportsmanlike!  

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,943 posts
7,518 battles

I'm honestly totally lost after reading all that.

I came away with the perception that since you're in all your battles, MM isn't random.

Like...wut...?

That's a few minutes of my life, totally wasted.

• Cool 1

[NEIN]
Beta Testers
582 posts
6,070 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

The problem is that you haven't provided any facts, just anecdotes.  There is nothing to disprove.

• Cool 1

Members
1,330 posts
501 battles

the burden of proof is on YOU now that you posted yet another USELESS MM RANT with no facts or logic, other than, yet again, confirmation bias...
YOu stated that MM puts EVERYONE ON TEAMS WITH LOW WR TEAM MATES...

That statement in and of itself is ridiculous and this, CLICK BAIT thread, again, is not only pointless, and non constructive, but I am sure that @Gneisenau013 (YES I CIRCUMVENTED THE REPORT PROCESS AND WENT STRAIGHT TO THE MOD CAUSE THIS IS NONSENSE)will also say that this thread was made to solely induce negative posts...
You should feel bad about this kind of crapposting  by now... and should be banned

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles
Just now, Iridium81 said:

The problem is that you haven't provided any facts, just anecdotes.  There is nothing to disprove.

So you are saying when you have clicked the battle button you have ended up with a team that did not include you on it??? Please enlighten us further.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[NEIN]
Beta Testers
582 posts
6,070 battles
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

So you are saying when you have clicked the battle button you have ended up with a team that did not include you on it??? Please enlighten us further.

So you have no interest in actually discussing the topic in an honest manner?  Interesting, why bother then?

• Cool 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles
Just now, Iridium81 said:

So you have no interest in actually discussing the topic in an honest manner?  Interesting, why bother then?

I am saying that each person's team is only 11/12 random while the enemy team is completely random. So it is "rigged" in the fact that each person's team is not completely random unlike the enemy team.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[NEIN]
Beta Testers
582 posts
6,070 battles

I am saying that each person's team is only 11/12 random while the enemy team is completely random. So it is "rigged" in the fact that each person's team is not completely random unlike the enemy team.

By this logic, either every team is 'rigged', or none are.  Which kind of makes the whole argument moot.  By who's perspective are we calling a team 'rigged'.  For that matter what definition of this term are you using.  This whole thread seems like a waste of time so far.

• Cool 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles
8 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

YOu stated that MM puts EVERYONE ON TEAMS WITH LOW WR TEAM MATES...

LOL, either you are trolling, or seriously did not look at the comment I was responding to or read the second part of that comment. If you did indeed read the second part of my post you obviously did not "think it though"

8 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

not only pointless, and non constructive, ... this thread was made to solely induce negative posts...

Just because your post is negative doesn't mean you can claim that your post is self-fulfilling your own post. How is showing people how to get better non-constructive?

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[5D5]
Members
2,286 posts
14,345 battles
10 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I'm honestly totally lost after reading all that.

I came away with the perception that since you're in all your battles, MM isn't random.

Like...wut...?

That's a few minutes of my life, totally wasted.

Totally agree, think Ducky got into the adult punch and is on a bender...lol

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles
4 minutes ago, Iridium81 said:

By who's perspective are we calling a team 'rigged'. 

Every person when looking at their teams

• Bad 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles
35 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Totally agree, think Ducky got into the adult punch and is on a bender...lol

I'm working ambulance right now, so I better not be. lol

To the person downvoting: Should I be drinking while on shift? I'm puzzled.

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Bad 1

[NEIN]
Beta Testers
582 posts
6,070 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

Every person when looking at their teams

Well, if someone believes something hard enough it may as well be true.  Regardless of fact, so eh?

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles

Yes! someone that gets it! It's rigged! wait, what....I'm confused, is it rigged or not? I can't be as bad as my stats say I am, it's rigged.... has to be.

kek.

Members
4,551 posts
6,467 battles
27 minutes ago, Sensai_Lawrence said:

I just report crappy players for unsportsmanlike conduct.  they are ruining the game for everyone else that's not sportsmanlike!  

Just not being very good is not unsportsmanlike. If you are reporting players for just not being very good it is YOU who is being unsportsmanlike. How would you like it if you got reported every time you played poorly....and don't tell me you never play poorly. Shame on you.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,439 posts
2,405 battles

BAIT !

Add the thread tag "fishhook".

Members
241 posts

sure it is.  you wake up every day feeling good.  then life gives you a roundhouse kick to the balls.  life shows no mercy so neither do we.