You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

I can't hit the broadside of a barn...

10 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,611 posts
9,002 battles

from inside today.  I just had my Gascogne out and in 116 shots fired from my main guns I got 9 hits and my lead was good. Meet my gunnery officer.

maxresdefault.jpg

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
15 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

from inside today.  I just had my Gascogne out and in 116 shots fired from my main guns I got 9 hits and my lead was good. Meet my gunnery officer.

maxresdefault.jpg

dont feel bad neither can I lol....

• Funny 1

[H_]
Members
789 posts

If you really want to have some fun, read the after action reports of actual naval battles.....  At 9, you would be a superlative, highly recommended Captain !  Good grief, hitting each other with main guns was based in chaos theory.....

This game is over generous in accuracy and stupid crazy, beyond anything historically possible, in ammunition supply...  Torpedoes weren't re-loaded at sea...  Etc, etc,.....

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,611 posts
9,002 battles
1 minute ago, Asym_KS said:

If you really want to have some fun, read the after action reports of actual naval battles.....  At 9, you would be a superlative, highly recommended Captain !  Good grief, hitting each other with main guns was based in chaos theory.....

This game is over generous in accuracy and stupid crazy, beyond anything historically possible, in ammunition supply...  Torpedoes weren't re-loaded at sea...  Etc, etc,.....

Very true, the normal expected hit rates were about 2%.  It is a game and if we used historical hit rates our ships would usually be wrecks after taking only a few hits.

[LOU1]
Members
3,027 posts
8,125 battles

On occasion, when my hit rate is consistently bad worse than normal over several battles, I have logged out  of the game completely and back in and my results have improved.  Don't know whether it is confirmation bias or some type of lag, but it sometimes works...

• Cool 1

Members
2,122 posts

Still getting 45% ish hit rate in cruisers. :Smile-_tongue:

Might be over/under adjusting your aim. Heck, I only use the line sight with no numbers. Less distractions when aiming.

[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
11,146 battles

Everyday in Warships feels like this when RNGesus gives you a crew of A$$ holes!!

And a team of Lonestars and Barfs with little enthusiasm to fight for the current rewards while the Kings of warships scoff at our demands for what we think is worth our time.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
468 posts
9 minutes ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

Everyday in Warships feels like this when RNGesus gives you a crew of A$$ holes!!

And a team of Lonestars and Barfs with little enthusiasm to fight for the current rewards while the Kings of warships scoff at our demands for what we think is worth our time.

lol

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,611 posts
9,002 battles
8 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

Still getting 45% ish hit rate in cruisers. :Smile-_tongue:

Might be over/under adjusting your aim. Heck, I only use the line sight with no numbers. Less distractions when aiming.

The gunnery seems to have been tweaked so my initial leads have been overly long lately with most ships lately but once I adjust I am getting lots and lots of straddles. It seems I need to sacrifice a virgin to RNGesus but it is easier to find hens teeth these days.

raf,750x1000,075,t,322e3f:696a94a5d4.u1.