Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Should I just go ahead and buy all of my Destroyers back

27 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

I ask should I just start grinding the credits and buy all of my destroyers back.  I've got the Gearing at tier X for US, The Shimakaze at tier X for IJN, Tashkent, and the Z-46.  I actually have been enjoying playing destroyers more and more lately.  Radar hasn't been an issue at all just an annoyance.   I've actually had a heck of a lot more fun in destroyers.  I find them to be better for my purpose and style of game play.  Anyways what do you think should I just start the grind and buy them all back?

• Boring 1

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
7 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

I ask should I just start grinding the credits and buy all of my destroyers back.  I've got the Gearing at tier X for US, The Shimakaze at tier X for IJN, Tashkent, and the Z-46.  I actually have been enjoying playing destroyers more and more lately.  Radar hasn't been an issue at all just an annoyance.   I've actually had a heck of a lot more fun in destroyers.  I find them to be better for my purpose and style of game play.  Anyways what do you think should I just start the grind and buy them all back?

I am getting so cruisered out right now I bet there will be 7 dds per game soon

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 minute ago, Sweetsie said:

There already is.  I got battleshipped out and got bored with it.  

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles

You shoudld never listen to people who say “destroyers are ruined and unplayable.”   That’s been said after every patch since closed beta..... and yet there are still plenty in the game.

Just hold onto them next time.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Plus Tashkent is probably receiving a substantial buff with getting Khabarovsk's turrets.

[TBW]
Members
6,398 posts
12,011 battles

If you have the Port slots, why even sell a ship?

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
8 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Plus Tashkent is probably receiving a substantial buff with getting Khabarovsk's turrets.

And this coming from the Wiki guys oh boy.  That should be interesting.  Khab guns on a Tashkent lol.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

If you have the Port slots, why even sell a ship?

I get bored with them.  Lol I've got 58 available slots actually I could buy all of my ships back.  All my tier 10s and all of my destroyers and cruisers.  I may just have to it would take time to grind but I think I could manage.

Edited by torpsRus

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
Just now, torpsRus said:

And this coming from the Wiki guys oh boy.  That should be interesting.  Khab guns on a Tashkent lol.

It's from the dev blog, she's in testing to receive the B-2-U turrets.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
Just now, Doomlock said:

It's from the dev blog, she's in testing to receive the B-2-U turrets.

I guess I better buy it back then. Lol.

[TBW]
Members
6,398 posts
12,011 battles
3 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

I get bored with them.  Lol I've got 58 available slots actually I could buy all of my ships back.  All my tier 10s and all of my destroyers and cruisers.  I may just have to it would take time to grind but I think I could manage.

230 ships in port and counting, I sold some of them until I decided to try and get all of them. I am struggling for credits but I am getting closer to my goal. I wish I never sold the ones I did.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,852 posts
19,037 battles

With all theses Radar ships now in the game it had certainly change destroyer tactics that's for sure

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
2 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

With all theses Radar ships now in the game it had certainly change destroyer tactics that's for sure

Radar is not an issue for me.  

[HRVAT]
Members
300 posts
6,124 battles
1 hour ago, torpsRus said:

dd is my favorite, so i vote yes

[HRVAT]
Members
300 posts
6,124 battles
6 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Radar is not an issue for me.  

radar is issue for any dd player

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,940 battles
1 hour ago, Sweetsie said:

Try in the middle of the night, lots of DDs.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Try in the middle of the night, lots of DDs.

I just get tired of people crying about a dd being a spotter for ships that just want to hide.  That's my only argument with playing them.  Or players trying to tell me how to play my game or what I should or shouldn't do.   I mean I want to play my game the way I want to play it.  You know.  I'll spot when I can and I'll cap when I can't but I'm certainly not going to play stupidly.

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
14 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

radar is issue for any dd player

lol I've actually as I said have 58 slots available I can buy all of my tier 10s back plus all of my DD's

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,940 battles
6 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

I just get tired of people crying about a dd being a spotter for ships that just want to hide.  That's my only argument with playing them.  Or players trying to tell me how to play my game or what I should or shouldn't do.   I mean I want to play my game the way I want to play it.  You know.  I'll spot when I can and I'll cap when I can't but I'm certainly not going to play stupidly.

Well 2 way street with the spotting thing, sometimes if say a a couple BBs are wanting to push they just want at least 1 DD out ahead of them to spot ships. Had a battle this morning innmy Kagero where Enemy had good Gunboat DDs so Zi told my team I could take the caps and get into gun fights with those DDs, but I could stealth Torp and spot / s out ahead for them. They were delighted with my doing just that much since the main group was able to roll right down and smash the enemy. I also got some Torp hits in myself.

Now when in my BBs or CA and I ask for DD to spot, I just expect the same kind of thing. For them to be just a little ways ahead so and enemy DDs coming at me hoping for a nice Torp run, and then I lay down fire and sink them. If a Radar CA starts moving in I try my best to sink it quickly to protect the DD or DDs that are helping me.

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,940 battles
1 minute ago, torpsRus said:

lol I've actually as I said have 58 slots available I can buy all of my tier 10s back plus all of my DD's

Personally one of my favorites is the Kagero since you can hunt the high HP pools of X ships, but don’t have to deal with the long Torp Reload times of X DDs. And with the Radar meta I just carry Torp Reload Booster and lay down the extra Torps.

And if you are fortunate enough to be able to buy premium ships the Harekaze looks like really nice ship since you can take the Torp abilities or the Kagero and actually get some good guns on the ship.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Well 2 way street with the spotting thing, sometimes if say a a couple BBs are wanting to push they just want at least 1 DD out ahead of them to spot ships. Had a battle this morning innmy Kagero where Enemy had good Gunboat DDs so Zi told my team I could take the caps and get into gun fights with those DDs, but I could stealth Torp and spot / s out ahead for them. They were delighted with my doing just that much since the main group was able to roll right down and smash the enemy. I also got some Torp hits in myself.

Now when in my BBs or CA and I ask for DD to spot, I just expect the same kind of thing. For them to be just a little ways ahead so and enemy DDs coming at me hoping for a nice Torp run, and then I lay down fire and sink them. If a Radar CA starts moving in I try my best to sink it quickly to protect the DD or DDs that are helping me.

Well I just get tired of people trying to tell me what I need to do in a game.  I'm going to do what I do to suit my needs to stay alive, for example had a match a bit ago somebody tried to tell me to go into C cap on islands of ice, I said I was going into B.  Told the guy to bug off yes I said bug off lol.  Turned out almost the hole other team wound up going to C and the match was a loss.  So in the end I'm going to do what I have to to stay alive and not play stupidly in them.  If it means getting reported because I didn't want to listen to some egg head trying to tell me what to do then so be it report away I'm not concerned about it.   

• Bad 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,940 battles
Just now, torpsRus said:

Well I just get tired of people trying to tell me what I need to do in a game.  I'm going to do what I do to suit my needs to stay alive, for example had a match a bit ago somebody tried to tell me to go into C cap on islands of ice, I said I was going into B.  Told the guy to bug off yes I said bug off lol.  Turned out almost the hole other team wound up going to C and the match was a loss.  So in the end I'm going to do what I have to to stay alive and not play stupidly in them.  If it means getting reported because I didn't want to listen to some egg head trying to tell me what to do then so be it report away I'm not concerned about it.   

That is why if I ask somebody to do something, I simply politely request that they do something and offer my support as well. And I follow through. Or I offer the services of my DD, lol people think Radar is bad, try having stealth DD perma spotting much of your feel the entire battle and occasionally sending in torpedoes as well... :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

That is why if I ask somebody to do something, I simply politely request that they do something and offer my support as well. And I follow through. Or I offer the services of my DD, lol people think Radar is bad, try having stealth DD perma spotting much of your feel the entire battle and occasionally sending in torpedoes as well... :Smile_teethhappy:

If they ask nicely I don't have a problem about it.  If they're going to be rude and act like a little child about it then nope they can just bug off.  You know.  If I get reported for speaking my mind like I said so be it.  Just shows how immature some players are.  Again I'm not even worried about it because this game I can actually walk away from go outside weld some metal turn on my forge and make something and come back to the game later.

Sign in to follow this