Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MandoWarrior1

Will tier X secondary builds ever be good?

39 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
543 posts
65 battles
Just now, Apewar said:

they are good?

I mean in comparison to tank builds. 

Talking about BB's... probably should mention that.

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,233 battles

If you are relying on secondary builds to be how you influence a game, it's not going to happen. I don't care what ship I am in, but if I can't stay alive and use my main guns effectively, its a waste. However ships like the GK draw below average players to it for some odd reason. Everyone likes having all the secondaries I suppose...

Whats your original account name?

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
543 posts
65 battles

Thats what im asking is, will secondary builds ever be buffed enough to be useful at Tier X?

Not talking about lower tiers, talking about tier tensies.

[HINON]
Members
9,019 posts

Don't think you need to worry about that for a while with only 65 battles.

[DENY]
[DENY]
Beta Testers
97 posts
8,993 battles

65 battle forum troll account, nice

[WORX]
Members
1,841 posts
12,880 battles

answer in one word No.

Answer in two words Heck no

Answer in three words I hope not.

Long answer, BBs are already to strong in the upper tiers, there is no need to buff secondary batteries. BB class, toa degree, are playing to passive at Tier X. The BB class workload wise, is the laziest class in the game at all tiers and all nations. A buff to  automatic firing mechanic  is a bad idea.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

Alpha Tester
2,208 posts
7,240 battles

Considering how every Tier X is absolutely lethal at sub 10km, i would say no secondary builds aren't worth it.

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
31 minutes ago, MandoWarrior1 said:

Title.

Obviously this guy hasn't played Kurfurst l m f a o.

• Bad 1

Beta Testers
543 posts
65 battles

I dont like the secondary builds because you just die instantly anyway without tank building. So you are stuck with a ship with guns that aren't that good in comparison t o the competition. I feel like if you have a yamato or a montana, why play a Grosser.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,861 posts
19,048 battles
1 hour ago, MandoWarrior1 said:

Title.

No never will

Beta Testers
543 posts
65 battles
12 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

No never will

Thats disappointing. Makes the Yamato still king of the BB's sadly.

Wish my Grosser had actually good main weapons in comparison, but they feel weaker.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[POET]
Members
304 posts
1,889 battles

My problem with secondaries not being effective is that real life BBs didn't have secondaries for nothing, and secondaries doing nothing (not even lighting up) this game just isn't doing them justice. So I would like some form of buff to secondaries, otherwise you may as well have a glorified artillery barge.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
543 posts
65 battles
2 minutes ago, admiral_noone said:

My problem with secondaries not being effective is that real life BBs didn't have secondaries for nothing, and secondaries doing nothing (not even lighting up) this game just isn't doing them justice. So I would like some form of buff to secondaries, otherwise you may as well have a glorified artillery barge.

What secondaries need is more range, more accuracy the closer in you go, and more fire starting.

The problem im seeing in tier X games is that, the games are over 15 KM's in distance, farther than any secondary build I know of. And if you wanna get in close, you're a priority target and if you build for secondaries you dont have any fire prevention, so you are lit on fire constantly. With all the cruisers playing, you are essientally playing against a bunch of flamethrowers. Even DD's are causing fires ALOT and good luck hitting DD's with main guns. Secondaries aren't destroying DD's fast enough. 

Members
462 posts
8,499 battles

I thought it was pretty good last night in my Richelieu facing a kurfurst.    At 11k his secondaries were chomping off 200-400 damage a second. A damage bubble was popping up every refresh cycle for between 400 and 1200 damage.  Not counting the fire damage.   Yet when i fired back my 15 inch he shells they shattered.    Go figure 40% thicker armor negates 200% larger shells, good programming there.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I mean in comparison to tank builds. 

Talking about BB's... probably should mention that.

Secondaries are 

Beta Testers
543 posts
65 battles
Just now, WES_HoundDog said:

I thought it was pretty good last night in my Richelieu facing a kurfurst.    At 11k his secondaries were chomping off 200-400 damage a second. A damage bubble was popping up every refresh cycle for between 400 and 1200 damage.  Not counting the fire damage.   Yet when i fired back my 15 inch he shells they shattered.    Go figure 40% thicker armor negates 200% larger shells, good programming there.

I dont know how your team wasn't focusing on that kurfurst. He cant hit anything beyond 15km with his horrible main battery. He should have been lit up by those cruisers and made into a german bonfire.

Members
462 posts
8,499 battles

I dont know how your team wasn't focusing on that kurfurst. He cant hit anything beyond 15km with his horrible main battery. He should have been lit up by those cruisers and made into a german bonfire.

The problem is almost everyone lemmings these days. (Edit- Well actually were pretty well split but we had lost half of our numbers so it was just me and and Henri) I don't. I was off on the edge of the map on one side while almost everyone else was on the other side..  Lukily i outran his secondaries and instead of chasing me south he wanted to go to the middle but couldn't because i would have laid into him.   Luckily there was a Henri5  that was in the middle and lite him up like a torch.  I tried to help out with fires as the kurfurst stop and backed up.

Edited by WES_HoundDog

Beta Testers
543 posts
65 battles
12 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

The problem is almost everyone lemmings these days.  I don't. I was off on the edge of the map on one side while almost everyone else was on the other side..  Lukily i outran his secondaries and instead of chasing me south he wanted to go to the middle but couldn't because i would have laid into him.   Luckily there was a Henri5  that was in the middle and lite him up like a torch.  I tried to help out with fires as the kurfurst stop and backed up.

Yep. Or everyone just camps the one flag and doesn't do anything. They just sit there and try and snipe... and its just horrid. I really wish they would nerf accuracy across the board for any long range activity. 15k+ Should be almost impossible to land shells and then they need to increase the accuracy of all main guns with each km closer, you get like a 1% in dispersion. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,482 battles

Secondary Build BBs can work but as you get higher in the tiers, it takes patience and constant vigilance to watch the signs for going in for the brawl.  Do that in the wrong time at high tier, you'll get rekt.

Secondary Build BBs are easy in the mid tiers, with Bismarck at the very edge, dipping in from high tier VIII, plastering 21kt ships.  But once you're talking Tier VIII-X match, it's a completely different game.  You can't be reckless with your Brawling Battleship.

The big problem with such builds at high tier is that there are matches where you simply never get the chance to leverage your Secondary Build to good effect.  The single greatest scenario is if your team's DDs collapse and the enemy DDs are running free, in stealth, in open water, with BBs and Cruisers behind them.  You try to push up, you'll eat nonstop torpedoes.  You kite because of the threat of DDs and torps, you will never truly leverage the secondaries.  The DDs keep you spotted, the BBs and Cruisers keep shooting at you.

Members
462 posts
8,499 battles

Funny thing is.  As i fired HE at him the Henry did as well.   Over the same period of time i did about 00k damage (Less damage than the Kurfursts secondaries did to me in less time) while the Henri did 80k.   Smaller calliber guns are far too overpowered.

Incoming Slide Show of whats wrong with this game.

Well hello there.   I see AP pens at under 10k do no damage.

Spoiler

5XdGDp3.jpg

Tiny Shells, big damage.

Spoiler

EyMT8GI.jpg

Keep on ticking.  Just think with a fire it's doubled or more.

Spoiler

EZoPL7o.jpg

INCOMING!

Spoiler

0BP2kUo.jpg

Lets get some shells back on him.  Oh yeah these look good, base of the superstructure should plunge down into the bowels of the ship.

Spoiler

7PCLxXB.jpg

Or not.  Hmm less damage than his secondaries do to me every couple seconds.

Spoiler

fBj7SsV.jpg

Maybe HE will work.  They work for everything else....  Or not.

Spoiler

qGbn4jn.jpg

Nice work Henri!

Spoiler

T7wHcrZ.jpg

Edited by WES_HoundDog

Sign in to follow this