You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Leopard_IX

USS New York

48 comments in this topic

Members
471 posts
12,465 battles

hmm...let's see..

slow

shotgun accuracy

lot's of guns

turns well

She has been power creeped a bit, but with a little loving she could be viable again.

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,247 battles

Who here thinks this is BAIT!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,557 posts
3,539 battles

I find NY to be one of the better tech tree tier 5 BBs on paper. She has the heaviest broadside with penetration that would make most T6 BBs jealous and great range. Her accuracy is questionable like the rest of the tech tree tier 5 ships. She can turn and dodge pretty well and she really isn't that much slower then the rest of the T5 ships minus the Kongo of course

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
16 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Who here thinks this is BAIT!

Ditto, if I didn't like the New York I wouldn't own Texas.

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
418 posts
25 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Ditto, if I didn't like the New York I wouldn't own Texas.

I have the Texas and I find it a lot better to handle than New York.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,441 posts
2,405 battles

I like New York -- the bote.

Note emphasis, please.

Members
217 posts
2,039 battles

Theyre both good ships(although Texas is better), however they could use a big armor buff. 

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
261 posts
3,474 battles
1 hour ago, Leopard_IX said:

Who here thinks New York is a horrible ship?

Yup,  a real dog. 

Grind your way past it as quick as possible. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
1,590 posts
4,356 battles

I'm with Stormy...did not care for it at all.  However, I'm on record as being a standard hater.  Love seeing them on the red team, though, so there's that.

Edited by Mahrs
  • Cool 1

[-BMV-]
Members
1,196 posts
5,651 battles

I think she is a pretty average, perfectly capable of doing well. Just pay attention to your position in relation your team and enemies and you can do well.  

[4HIM]
Members
1,805 posts
4,072 battles

Needs a reload buff.  But otherwise not horrible.  Earned my lone Kraken in it when I was at less than 700 games played.  Day after that I got 3 kills and 2 solo base caps.  Mediocre AA (especially compared to Texas) and it suffers if you're facing a Scharn with a good CV on the red team.  

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,106 posts
14,503 battles

Ha!  I don't think NY is a horrible ship.  Quite the opposite.  I absolutely love shooting at those things!

• Funny 3

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
418 posts
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Ha!  I don't think NY is a horrible ship.  Quite the opposite.  I absolutely love shooting at those things!

True, it's not a horrible ship to shoot at, but it is horrible when you're the one in the New York that is being shot at.

Edited by Leopard_IX

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,106 posts
14,503 battles
3 minutes ago, Leopard_IX said:

True, it's not a horrible ship to shoot at, but is horrible when you're the one in the New York that is being shot at.

My solution was to just simply stop playing that thing.  For it's tier, she's just fine, but MM and the Power Creep in her MM Bracket has only made her more and more difficult to like as a user.

When it was just her and Kongo long ago, it was fine, but ever since the German BBs arrived, and newer ships, with her seeing Tier VII a lot (Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, Kaga, Saipan, Hiryu, etc), it's not pleasant at all.

Oh.  Don't forget Lyon at Tier VII.  She'll actually rack up nonstop dozen penetrations against NY / TX.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
418 posts
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

My solution was to just simply stop playing that thing.  For it's tier, she's just fine, but MM and the Power Creep in her MM Bracket has only made her more and more difficult to like as a user.

The reason I am using that ship is to grind xp to get the New Mexico. Can't wait until I get rid of it.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,106 posts
14,503 battles
1 minute ago, Leopard_IX said:

The reason I am using that ship is to grind xp to get the New Mexico. Can't wait until I get rid of it.

Good luck brother, hope you get out of there and make it to the promised land sooner.  The line gets better and better as you get higher in the tiers.  But it's a slow process.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,741 posts
3,490 battles

It's a meh boat that could use a little love. It's biggest issue is being unable to bounce shells from the Kongo and up. So it can't really tank shells that well and doesn't have much to make up for it.

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
261 posts
3,474 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Lol,  ya its so slow you cant hardly miss. 

Members
1,590 posts
4,356 battles

Some of my favorite in-game memories of mid-tier BB are using Fuso and Kongo to shoot at NY and NM...they're too slow to run, too short ranged to shoot back, too soft to survive.  Glorious.  My personal record, courtesy of a friendly DD spotting, is deleting a NY from full health in less than 2 mins.  3x salvos was all my Kongo needed and I laughed gleefully at the result.  I love hunting lone NYs...you can practically sense me thinking "Yes, yes...turn...you need those other guns...don't worry...that's right, show me your side...good night."

Beta Testers
2,985 posts
4,399 battles

people even compare my dear texas with that cityboy abomination.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,557 posts
3,539 battles
1 hour ago, Mahrs said:

Some of my favorite in-game memories of mid-tier BB are using Fuso and Kongo to shoot at NY and NM...they're too slow to run, too short ranged to shoot back, too soft to survive.  Glorious.  My personal record, courtesy of a friendly DD spotting, is deleting a NY from full health in less than 2 mins.  3x salvos was all my Kongo needed and I laughed gleefully at the result.  I love hunting lone NYs...you can practically sense me thinking "Yes, yes...turn...you need those other guns...don't worry...that's right, show me your side...good night."

You do realize the NY has nearly the same range when fully upgraded and has the same amount of armor if not more than the Fuso and Kongo right? You sound like you don't know anything by the way your post comes off

• Cool 1