You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LadyAnesjka

Rise of the Lemming....

50 comments in this topic

[HRVAT]
Members
300 posts
6,124 battles

Played 6 game this morning....every. single. game.

My team go full Lemming.

Why is this still a thing ? 

Edit : every game was a loss

Edited by LadyAnesjka

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,782 battles

Strength in numbers?

• Funny 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,935 battles

Is it a lemming train if only half go one way?

Had a game last night on Brothers where a Cruiser started yelling "Lemming train!" because one extra person went the other way and one DD went up the gap. So one side had 7 and the other,  five.

I was in a T6 BB (yes I know, I don't DO BBs...but until the radar craziness dies down a bit...), in a T8 match (of course) but the BBs split evenly. This guy is pinging on my ship as he's yelling "Lemming!". I presume he thought I was performing some dastardly self preservation scheme and hanging him out to dry because the other BB on my side was the T8.

Honestly, I think a lot, if not most, of the bad and selfish behavior is driven by the obsession with stats. Everyone wants their stuff buffed, your stuff nerfed, (me included) and the gods help anyone that reduces their chances of winning. So if the top tier ship/best player/3 ship division goes one way, then hell ya, they are, too.

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles
20 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

My team go full Lemming.

Don't feel bad, played a game this morning with a 500 point lead, all three caps and lost, on Shatter where almost the entire team thought it a good Idea to go to B and fight all sides while not being able to move.

Beta Testers
1,865 posts
19,077 battles

Yeah don't feel bad . the other week I had (15) straight loss's before getting a win. I'm glad that doesn't happen often ! ! ! 

[H_]
Members
803 posts

In other games it's the NASCAR effect: everybody circles a prominent terrain feature no matter what the situation and the only discussion is which way?  Yes, you lose many of those games because the heavier and slower mechs can't keep up and are annihilated from the rear by the force chasing the NASCAR main pack....   "it's a direct, conflict avoidance effect..."

Here, it's the same thing but in another way:  On contact and first volley, everybody turns and runs to cover........  You find yourself as a DD..............all alone with no one behind you !!!  Everyday I play half the matches are like this.

Bismarks and Tirpitz's that started at 10 K and then, are out of sight, the next time you look !  Brawling ships for heavens sake......  Oh yes, it's endemic and part of the current generation of gamer's basic cultural makeup: avoidance of personal, direct conflict.  After all, that's what we have text messages for !       Culture trumps process 100% of the time....

Edited by Asym_KS
spelling?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,687 posts
9,098 battles

Streaks happen but we do notice the bad ones more because they are bad. It all works out in the end but some times that takes quite awhile.

Members
567 posts
75 battles
40 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

My team go full Lemming.

All ships going in the same direction is not a bad strategy.  People need to stop blaming the strategy.  You're going to lose no matter what you do when you have sabotaging players like the last match I had:

Overall Recent
Battles 11 051 39
Win rate 
Next level: Below Average (+7.3%)
39.68% 
Bad
33.33% 
Bad
- 0.02%
Personal Rating (PR)  
Next level: Below Average (+573)
Bad
Bad
+ 1
Battles survived 22.74% 33.33% + 0.04%
Average battle values  
Damage 21 265 37 982 + 59
Destroyed warships 0.24 0.44 -
Aircraft Destroyed 0.93 1.85 -
Experience 844 982 -
Kills / deaths 0.31 0.65 -
Warships spotted 1.45 2.13 -
Damage upon spotting 15 680 26 080 + 37
Tier 7.3 8.4 -

Warships stats by type (PR)  
Destroyer 
Next level: Below Average (+675)
Bad
Bad
+ 1
Aircraft Carrier 
Next level: Below Average (+240)
Bad
Bad
Battleship 
Next level: Below Average (+583)
Bad
Bad
-
Cruiser 
Next level: Below Average (+650)
Bad
Bad
-
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
4,569 posts
6,516 battles
34 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Streaks happen but we do notice the bad ones more because they are bad. It all works out in the end but some times that takes quite awhile.

I am, beyond a doubt, the streak king of all players. I go like a dozen or more games playing at like a 55% win rate then a dozen at 45/47%.  Back and forth and back and forth.  Hence I just sit like a stinking cow pie at around 48%+. I am average for sure but I be dammed if I can figure out how to gain 1% point to get me to 50% average. It's just my personal goal and this drives me crazy. I could play my St Louis (54%) over and over and over and do it but that get's boring. Sigh

[TBW]
Members
6,413 posts
12,059 battles

The thing all of those game had in common is that you were on every team. When I see threads like this, I always wonder why it was the teams fault, if the only common denominator is yourself.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

yep, it's still summer. potatoes of all ages are going strong.

the thing to remember is that they're usually on both teams, not just yours.

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,438 battles

The death ball strategy does work if that ball keeps moving.  Unfortunately, I've been on teams that tried this tactic and nine ships get stopped by three.  I've also been on the opposite side of that where you're one of those three.  When the momentum is halted then it's only a matter of time before their death ball pops up behind yours and gets you in a cross fire.  This is especially evident in Two Brothers.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
502 posts
5,615 battles
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The thing all of those game had in common is that you were on every team, when I see threads like this, I always wonder why it was the teams fault, if the only common denominator is yourself.

You would be correct some of the time... But it is often the team's fault. Can't carry every battle. When you get multiple matches in a row with a team that gets incinerated within the first 5 minutes and you're against a pile of Rank 1 and cancer div players, what can you expect to do realistically? I've had some bad losing streaks like this already, lets just give them the benefit of the doubt eh?

OP best you can do in this situation is dig in and farm as much XP as you can for yourself, especially if it's a lost cause. Then take a break, or hit the battle button, but hanging around here won't get you much help, you'll get trolled to pieces.  

• Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
6,413 posts
12,059 battles
2 minutes ago, HeathenForay said:

You would be correct some of the time... But it is often the team's fault. Can't carry every battle. When you get multiple matches in a row with a team that gets incinerated within the first 5 minutes and you're against a pile of Rank 1 and cancer div players, what can you expect to do realistically? I've had some bad losing streaks like this already, lets just give them the benefit of the doubt eh?

Bad CV Player, Camping, Hiding, Lemming, Potato are all excuses, Granted the team could be crap but that doesn't change the fact of the one common denominator.

• Bad 1

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
502 posts
5,615 battles
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Bad CV Player, Camping, Hiding, Lemming, Potato are all excuses, Granted the team could be crap but that doesn't change the fact of the one common denominator.

Highlighting the common denominator is rather pointless if the other factors in the equation are garbage. With the many things you've listed stacked together they're not so much excuses for a loss as they are reasons. Never been the last one standing while everyone dies around you? You are certainly the common denominator, I'm not disagreeing there, but it's not your fault for losing 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,687 posts
9,098 battles
17 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I am, beyond a doubt, the streak king of all players. I go like a dozen or more games playing at like a 55% win rate then a dozen at 45/47%.  Back and forth and back and forth.  Hence I just sit like a stinking cow pie at around 48%+. I am average for sure but I be dammed if I can figure out how to gain 1% point to get me to 50% average. It's just my personal goal and this drives me crazy. I could play my St Louis (54%) over and over and over and do it but that get's boring. Sigh

I am right there with you on the schizophrenic ups and downs. We both have enough matches that it is very hard to bring the WR up because it takes more wins to bring it up than losses to bring it down so just do your best and focus on how you are doing in the 30 to 90 day range.

[TBW]
Members
6,413 posts
12,059 battles
10 minutes ago, HeathenForay said:

Highlighting the common denominator is rather pointless if the other factors in the equation are garbage. With the many things you've listed stacked together they're not so much excuses for a loss as they are reasons. Never been the last one standing while everyone dies around you? You are certainly the common denominator, I'm not disagreeing there, but it's not your fault for losing 

To tell the truth I have an opinion that it has a lot more to do with RNG. One or two lucky shots from the reds and you can be down a couple ships from there it is commonly just a matter of attrition. I can't tell you how many times I make great shots that net me nothing and not because of bad aiming. Then one damn errant shell hits you and either detonates you or rips half or more of your hit points away. I think it's the roll of the dice that makes most battles go South or North. Do you feel lucky Punk, well? do ya?

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

@Thornir said "Honestly, I think a lot, if not most, of the bad and selfish behavior is driven by the obsession with stats."

I agree with this statement. 

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,897 posts
10,472 battles
3 hours ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

Yeah don't feel bad . the other week I had (15) straight loss's before getting a win. I'm glad that doesn't happen often ! ! ! 

Why don't you take a break after losing 2 or 3 in a row?

Members
1,870 posts
9,000 battles
3 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

My team go full Lemming.

The biggest problem with this game has always been the players. All games have their share of mouth breathers and window lickers but something about F2P draws them in like flies.

• Cool 2

Members
348 posts
8,921 battles
3 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

My team go full Lemming.

New players / bad casual players. Take your pick. Yes it sucks.

• Cool 1

Members
348 posts
8,921 battles
57 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Found the elitist statwhore. Point and laugh kids!

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,413 posts
12,059 battles
1 minute ago, MackDye said:

Found the elitist statwhore. Point and laugh kids!

Huh, I don't get it this makes no sense.

[HRVAT]
Members
300 posts
6,124 battles
27 minutes ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

Why don't you take a break after losing 2 or 3 in a row?

I normally do :fish_boom: