You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Alsace is a beast

38 comments in this topic

[MKF]
Members
410 posts
15,145 battles

Just got to Republique and Alsace is definitely a keeper

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,004 posts
13,730 battles

Nice game op

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Really been enjoying the Alsace and Republique. 

[CUTIE]
Beta Testers
4,278 posts
7,882 battles

Alsace is great, but it's going to be hit by a nerf soon, sadly

Beta Testers
1,865 posts
19,073 battles

True the Alsace is too good and will be Nerfed in the next up grade 

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

Alsace is a great high tier brawler. I loved the Alsace, but haven't found that same love with the Republique. 

Nice game! I've had some good games in her like that. 

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,822 battles
16 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

True the Alsace is too good and will be Nerfed in the next up grade 

How about the other tier 9's are the ones that suck and they need buffs to make them more competitive? Alsace should be the standard for how all tier 9 BB's perform.

• Cool 1

[LDC]
Members
15 posts
3,510 battles

I also play Alsace as best I can before the "nerf" takes effect. Yes she has performed well, but I get the distinct ...feeling there is another agenda in relation to her getting murdered. Couple months down the road, she won't be mentioned at all. Fall by the wayside, a pain to grind through and everybody will leave her in port. Sad really

• Cool 1

[NET]
Beta Testers
457 posts
3,833 battles

nobody will get the jean bart free xp ship if the alsace stays as is. the jean bart will have beast AA but thats about it. i miss the alsace, was my favorite bb in the whole game. 

[DRG_N]
Members
427 posts
588 battles

Alsace isn't overpowered, Wargaming is only nerfing it to get more people to buy Jean Bart.

Edited by Highlord
  • Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,935 battles

I watched someone's CC discussion (Notser?) about the nerfs...they didn't seem that bad. Anyone want to set me straight here? I am on the Normandie - 71% WR and I am not a BB player. wth?!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,687 posts
9,087 battles
14 minutes ago, Highlord said:

Alsace isn't overpowered, Wargaming is only nerfing it to get more people to buy Jean Bart.

The statistics say otherwise but slight buffs to the other tech tree ships would have been better in my opinion.

https://na.wows-numbers.com/ship/4180621136,Alsace/

[SVF]
Members
959 posts
1,292 battles
15 minutes ago, Thornir said:

I watched someone's CC discussion (Notser?) about the nerfs...they didn't seem that bad. Anyone want to set me straight here? I am on the Normandie - 71% WR and I am not a BB player. wth?!

Alsace has the smallest gun caliber at tier and an already shotgun-like grouping with the 1.7 sigma and German dispersion formula, and her reload time is already on the slow end at 30s when some of the other 15 inch guns she sees in her MM have 26s reload; she already gives up quite a bit to get 12 guns at T9.  Further worsening both those stats at once is too much.

• Cool 2

[DRG_N]
Members
427 posts
588 battles
18 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The statistics say otherwise but slight buffs to the other tech tree ships would have been better in my opinion.

https://na.wows-numbers.com/ship/4180621136,Alsace/

It's roughly equal to Missouri in standing, tied for second place below Mushashi.  It's a top-end tech tree ship that still falls behind a pair of effectively cash ships.  That it's getting nerfed with that standing is pretty dammed telling. 

• Cool 1

[DRG_N]
Members
427 posts
588 battles
19 minutes ago, landcollector said:

Alsace has the smallest gun caliber at tier and an already shotgun-like grouping with the 1.7 sigma and German dispersion formula, and her reload time is already on the slow end at 30s when some of the other 15 inch guns she sees in her MM have 26s reload; she already gives up quite a bit to get 12 guns at T9.  Further worsening both those stats at once is too much.

The only reason the idiotic and blatantly calculated for profit nerfs seem to not hurt much is because the Alsace works best with a secondary build at close range, where bad sigma doesn't hurt much.  The reload nerf is absolutely unwarranted, poorly thought out, will be even more poorly implemented, and is going in only to make Jean Bart look better.  Wargaming is deliberately making Alsace uniquely weak in areas where other ships with her gun type are capable, and they're doing it to make room for a cash ship.

That they're trying to sneak the nerfs in by saying Alsace is overpowered is as transparent as it is pathetic.

Edited by Highlord
  • Cool 4

[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,935 battles
17 minutes ago, landcollector said:

Ah, I see. Still does well though. Interesting. Thank you

[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,935 battles
11 minutes ago, Highlord said:

The only reason the idiotic and blatantly calculated for profit nerfs seem to not hurt much is because the Alsace works best with a secondary build at close range, where bad sigma doesn't hurt much.  The reload nerf is absolutely unwarranted, poorly thought out, will be even more poorly implemented, and is going in only to make Jean Bart look better.  Wargaming is deliberately making Alsace uniquely weak in areas where other ships with her gun type are capable, and they're doing it to make room for a cash ship.

In watching Flamu's WIP video, the guns on the JB are really going to suck, though. Only 8 340's...hmmm....

It does have that fast reload gimmick though. 3 salvos in 30 seconds? Still. only two 4 rifled turrets, both in front...

Edited by Thornir

[DRG_N]
Members
427 posts
588 battles
1 minute ago, Thornir said:

In watching Flamu's WIP video, the guns on the JB are really going to suck, though. Only 8 340's...hmmm....

With better reload and sigma on a more mobile platform.

Members
9,985 posts
1 hour ago, IronMike11B4O said:

How about the other tier 9's are the ones that suck and they need buffs to make them more competitive? Alsace should be the standard for how all tier 9 BB's perform.

Can't have the tier 9's competitive with Tier 10's, would defeat the whole "push them up the line, for more profit" business model...:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,822 battles
9 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Can't have the tier 9's competitive with Tier 10's, would defeat the whole "push them up the line, for more profit" business model...:Smile_teethhappy:

Touche

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,687 posts
9,087 battles
27 minutes ago, Highlord said:

It's roughly equal to Missouri in standing, tied for second place below Mushashi.  It's a top-end tech tree ship that still falls behind a pair of effectively cash ships.  That it's getting nerfed with that standing is pretty dammed telling. 

You ignored what I thought should be done instead but you and I are not devs.

Members
2,297 posts
4,143 battles

I don't own her but had a bad opinion from facing her. (Not the "op" bad but overrated)

Then last night I actually got into a nice bowjoust with one. Still thinking it is overrated a little but I can see the appeal. I think she would out brawl a FDG so her main battery can handle a slight nerf but can use a secondary buff vs BBs. Those little things are cute though.