Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

7 comments in this topic

[60819]
Members
3 posts
1,038 battles

So apparently, according to Notser, Yamato will be receiving a buff to its turret traverse. Nothing else is known about the buff, but I for one think it's fair. What does everyone else think?

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

Normally I respond with that there are other ships that require more attention, but it looks like WarGaming is going to bring out changes to many ships. 

See their dev blog for more information:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/wowsdevblog/posts/

So you are talking about the following one they are going to test:

Japanese battleship Yamato:
The speed of rotation of the Main Battery is increased from 2.5 to 3.0 g / s to increase the level of comfort of the game on the ship.

Currently it takes 72 seconds to turn the guns 180 degrees. This will go down to 60 seconds if it makes it through. IMO Yamato was all fine without it, though recently the Unique Upgrades were introduced, so this can be interesting. The Unique Upgrades cuts down the traverse speed of the turrets by 19%. So you go from 3.0 degrees / s to 2,43 degrees / s = 74.1s. 

After doing these calculations I still don't see how it matters. Perhaps Yamato will get more playable with the unique upgrade, but I can't tell much about this, because I don't have the unique upgrade on my Yamato. Perhaps someone else can.

Members
1,835 posts
17,651 battles
4 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

See their dev blog for more information:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/wowsdevblog/posts/

"For American and pan-Asian AP shells of 127 mm caliber for Mk 38 guns, the fuse time has been reduced from 0.03 to 0.01. The change will make it more efficient to deal "alpha" damage to destroyers and cruisers."

It's hard to tell because of all the water but my Gearing just left a wet spot on it's side of the ocean.

Beta Testers
1,410 posts

I would have rather yamato got a secondary gun range buff than this honestly. At the very least the 155's.. its outright stupid that they have the same range as lower caliber secondaries.

also, the unique upgrade is a bit lackluster. For an 80% loss of traverse the accuracy gain is practically un-noticeable.. especially considering WG has stealthily been reducing yamato accuracy since musashi release. This upgrade will merely return it to what it used to be but with a penalty.

[ANKER]
Members
229 posts
3,640 battles
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:01 AM, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

"For American and pan-Asian AP shells of 127 mm caliber for Mk 38 guns, the fuse time has been reduced from 0.03 to 0.01. The change will make it more efficient to deal "alpha" damage to destroyers and cruisers."

It's hard to tell because of all the water but my Gearing just left a wet spot on it's side of the ocean.

The only 127mm guns you face though are the ones on the side of battleships. 
This actually buffs Gearing guns, now you can use AP against destroyers to further DPM them. 
Though it does mean it allows Atlanta and Flint to bully DDs too.

Members
1,835 posts
17,651 battles
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, Seniorious said:

The only 127mm guns you face though are the ones on the side of battleships. 
This actually buffs Gearing guns, now you can use AP against destroyers to further DPM them. 
Though it does mean it allows Atlanta and Flint to bully DDs too.

Damn...you had me all excited for my Atlanta (don't have Flint so don't know which Mks it has...but it will be my 1st steel purchase)...but alas...the Atlanta has the Mk32s (same as the NC & the Iowa) not the Mk38s. The only 2 ships w/the Mk38s are the Gearing & Yueyang.

The Atlanta, NC, Iowa, (& I'm assuming the Flint) have a 127/38 before the Mk32 rating but unfortunately I believe this only covers the rating after the Mks…& actually it only covers AP so it wouldn't apply to the BBs.

My Gearing wouldn't mind because it only sees an Atlanta on the occasional div fail (theoretically anyway...can't say that I have ever seen an Atlanta in my Gearing...but it may have happened & I just don't remember it) but I thought I'd clarify it so there isn't a major DD revolt ("I want my $ back for this premium DD because the Atlanta will moider me more now than it used to").

Edit: My bad...apparently update notes say Atlanta & Flint do get the buff...woo-hoo.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Members
180 posts
7,777 battles

I feel like WG kept this on the DL since writing, "Yamato gets a 17% improvement to turret traverse" would have raised some eyebrows. Isn't the ability to overmatch 32mm make the guns "comfortable" enough? This reeks of RU server bias, since their "drunken bar-fight" style of BB play can really give Montana, with her 3.5o/s traverse, a real edge in jousting matches. How did this topic get such little discussion? (Though it's not as egregious as the 100mm penetration changes. 

On 7/15/2018 at 5:01 PM, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

My Gearing wouldn't mind because it only sees an Atlanta on the occasional div fail (theoretically anyway...can't say that I have ever seen an Atlanta in my Gearing...but it may have happened & I just don't remember it) but I thought I'd clarify it so there isn't a major DD revolt ("I want my $ back for this premium DD because the Atlanta will moider me more now than it used to").

I would love for a developer to look me in the eye and say, "We thought it was fair to increase base Japanese 100mm HE penetration by 32%, to that of USN 127mm with IFHE,  since we increased their base detection radius 2.6%, from 7.56 to 7.76.) 

Sign in to follow this