Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

Looking at the Current Leaderboard for the Helena.....

33 comments in this topic

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles

I don't know if it's because the sample size is still very small, but Helena's current stats make it look like it's a ship even very average players can do well in. This is evidenced by the fact that the current #1 Helena player (who deposed IronMike from his throne), shoy07, is a yellow PR player overall. At 43 solo battles in the ship he has a a 69.77% win rate, 73133 average damage, and 1.37 average frags for a total PR of 1888. If you look at his performance in his other ships that he's played a fair number of battles in they're mostly in the yellow range. Another yellow player that ranks above me in the Helena is OppressorUnion, currently at #3. He's played 55 battles in the Helena, 36 of which were in a division. His overall PR is 1719 and his solo PR is 1602. Then you have me, at only #10. 178/180 solo battles, averaging 62% win rate, 66.4k average damage (and counting), 1.38 ship kills and an overall 1673 solo PR and 1672 overall PR (basically the same). The remaining players ranking higher than me are of equal / greater skill compared to me, which makes it no surprise that they're ranking above me. Notable mentions are @GhostSwordsman, @IronMike11B4O, SuperSSL, MTGRIZZ, and Mr_Discombobulator. Edit: There's an exception. Another yellow player called amadeus17 is also in the top ranks for the Helena.

How do I feel? I am honestly quite surprised that overall yellow players are currently among the leading players in the Helena, because usually I'd not expect a single player with below a green PR to make it into the leaderboards for any ship. It's also a testament to this ship's strength. On one hand I feel happy that she's becoming more and more popular, on the other hand I'm.... I don't know, perhaps a bit sad that 'average' PR players are ranked above me in my current favorite ship, and have overtaken some of my fellow forum members that I know are good players.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[LEGIO]
Members
2,995 posts
5,408 battles

Stop saying good things about her or else she'll never get the ROF buff she deserves.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles
1 minute ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Stop saying good things about her or else she'll never get the ROF buff she deserves.

Yeah I agree she could really use a ROF buff to 7.5 seconds. She had a 7.5 reload in the videos I saw of her before the release.

Members
1,034 posts
95 battles
40 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

How do I feel? I am honestly quite surprised that overall yellow players are currently among the leading players in the Helena

Being elitist, huh? I'm a yellow PR player overall, yet I'm in top 100 for several ships on several different servers. It doesn't really matter what your overall skill level is, it matters whether you click with the ship or you don't. 

The question whether the ship is OP or not will be seen after larger number of games is played. Otherwise just talking about top 100 players is pointless.

Edited by geser98
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,582 posts
3,751 battles

Stats websites provide you with the data and leaderboards of the people that use them. That means there are possibly better players that might have better stats. Even if there aren't, yellows  are people too, capable of having good stats :Smile_medal:. Besides, the whole point is having fun in her. But if you HAVE to have the better stats, divisioning can help you farm them. 

Edited by warheart1992

Members
1,034 posts
95 battles
43 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Stats websites provide you with the data and leaderboards of the people that use them.

Also to note that when looking at leaderboard you're essentially using the very extremes of distribution curve to make assumptions about the rest of it, in essence OP is using the part between two red vertical lines, to talk about average performance. 

Capture.JPG.8060f3781fea9f76204aaaad76197310.JPG

11 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

In before the NERF we all know is coming

Well, there is a point to it. She doe have the highest DPM and highest fire chance of all her counterparts and by a large margin.

firestarters_graph.thumb.JPG.3e1100233d3cd24f765596e85692528d.JPG

2 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

because usually I'd not expect a single player with below a green PR to make it into the leaderboards for any ship.

Honestly, I'm lost for words. Your elitist attitude disgusts me.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,588 posts
25,732 battles

Wow. I wonder if my 176K damage game in Helena is currently the NA leader. IronMike has 163K at Wows stats and numbers for the lead....

• Cool 1

Members
2,594 posts
12,470 battles
4 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

How do I feel? I am honestly quite surprised that overall yellow players are currently among the leading players in the Helena, because usually I'd not expect a single player with below a green PR to make it into the leaderboards for any ship. It's also a testament to this ship's strength. On one hand I feel happy that she's becoming more and more popular, on the other hand I'm.... I don't know, perhaps a bit sad that 'average' PR players are ranked above me in my current favorite ship, and have overtaken some of my fellow forum members that I know are good players.

Don't be sad that you are worse than average players in your favorite ship. Shoy07 has ranked out in the past two ranked seasons. He plays very well, and likes this ship. Just because some players don't have purple stats doesn't mean they aren't purple players. If you use PR as your guide make sure you calculate division games, division games in voice chat, division games with other really good players, solo games the ships they play, the captain skills per ship per game and so on.

You tell me who is a better player, a purple Khab or 59% wr solo New Orleans player?

• Cool 1

Members
1,844 posts
17,666 battles
3 hours ago, geser98 said:

Honestly, I'm lost for words. Your elitist attitude disgusts me.

Apparently disgusted...so much that you forgot that you already commented on said elitism approximately an hour/2 earlier...

5 hours ago, geser98 said:

Being elitist, huh?

Although you didn't seem to be so disgusted then as you were able to come up w/at least 1 word..."huh?"...but at least it's not lost anymore.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
202 posts
3,998 battles

I [edited]love it when I take down a player that is supposedly a better player than I am statistically. It might be one of these elitists.

I treat this game like golf. In reality, I am only playing the game against myself. Even in a loss, if my performance was better than the balance of the team, I'm satisfied though, looking to improve.

"There are three types of lies: Lies, damn lies and statistics" ~Mark Twain

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,799 battles
5 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Wow. I wonder if my 176K damage game in Helena is currently the NA leader. IronMike has 163K at Wows stats and numbers for the lead....

Honestly if one of us doesn't hit over 200K soon I'm gonna be surprised. Haven't played her all week due to work I'm Jonesing.

Members
2,594 posts
12,470 battles
1 minute ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Honestly if one of us doesn't hit over 200K soon I'm gonna be surprised. Haven't played her all week due to work I'm Jonesing.

Just need a tier 9 game and some Brit BB's and farm like crazy.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,588 posts
25,732 battles
16 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Ditto. I might have passed 200K in that one but they finally managed to corner and kill me. 

• Cool 1

[TNG]
[TNG]
Members
281 posts
15,144 battles

hey- thanks for pointing that out.. your right I'm a yellow type player, maybe I'm lucky, and maybe your an elitist jerkoff.  I have almost 12k battles and if you take out the horrible 1000 games of Dertpitz when I was new....or  the 1000 z52 pre buff games I could be green or blue or god forbid the purple color of royalty.  If you seem hellbent on stats then you'd know my progression and know that I am progressing to unicumness.  You certainty didn't mention my last 30, 60, 90 120 day average, is that good enough for you?

I just recently started playing divisions, go ahead check my stats. I'd say 10 percent of my games have been in divisions... imagine if I had more division games?  Surely my win rate would be higher and maybe that might impress you...would it then be acceptable to you that I'm #1? What would you make you happy?  Ask my clanmates or the other clans I sometimes play with if I have if any good, and more importantly fun to play with.  Whats the point of this post? I think you are peanut butter and jealous.... 

• Cool 3

Members
2,594 posts
12,470 battles
7 minutes ago, shoy07 said:

hey- thanks for pointing that out.. your right I'm a yellow type player, maybe I'm lucky, and maybe your an elitist jerkoff.  I have almost 12k battles and if you take out the horrible 1000 games of Dertpitz when I was new....or  the 1000 z52 pre buff games I could be green or blue or god forbid the purple color of royalty.  If you seem hellbent on stats then you'd know my progression and know that I am progressing to unicumness.  You certainty didn't mention my last 30, 60, 90 120 day average, is that good enough for you?

I just recently started playing divisions, go ahead check my stats. I'd say 10 percent of my games have been in divisions... imagine if I had more division games?  Surely my win rate would be higher and maybe that might impress you...would it then be acceptable to you that I'm #1? What would you make you happy?  Ask my clanmates or the other clans I sometimes play with if I have if any good, and more importantly fun to play with.  Whats the point of this post? I think you are peanut butter and jealous.... 

See the source image

• Funny 1

Members
1,034 posts
95 battles
13 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Apparently disgusted...so much that you forgot that you already commented on said elitism approximately an hour/2 earlier...

Although you didn't seem to be so disgusted then as you were able to come up w/at least 1 word..."huh?"...but at least it's not lost anymore.

Oh, I'm so sorry. Should I explain myself now? All right. When I first read the OP, only the blatant elitism struck me. Later though, when a more interesting discussion followed on, I was re-reading the OP more thoroughly to try and understand the logic of the conclusion made and couldn't find one. So, if originally only the elitism was that struck me as uncool, then now I had a person who made a conclusion on the overall power level of a ship based on a biased, non-random and very limited data set and also one who doesn't understand that overall PR doesn't tell the whole picture. All of these spiced up with blatant elitism did get me disgusted.

Feel free to disagree with me. You might note, that I said that I'm 'disgusted' , not that the post was 'disgusting'. It's my personal opinion, deal with it.

Edited by geser98

Members
409 posts
1,503 battles

I think in the rush to stop out elitism an important point was left out. The overall PR number is a terrible stat for evaluating a player. Not only is it just someones opinion on what stats are important to winning, but it includes games from years ago. That's not even getting into issues of preferred play style and how well the ships are balanced. Yet this useless number is prominently displayed on stat sites and signatures alike. It's not surprising that someone with only a casual interest in stats could attribute it more importance than it really has.

Members
475 posts
5,729 battles
20 hours ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

How can it be good if the best player only have 73k average dmg. It needs ROF buff:Smile-_tongue:

Members
2,594 posts
12,470 battles
6 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

How can it be good if the best player only have 73k average dmg. It needs ROF buff:Smile-_tongue:

list the other tier 7 cruisers

Members
2,594 posts
12,470 battles
9 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

be right or..

Edited by Sweetsie

Members
475 posts
5,729 battles
9 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

list the other tier 7 cruisers

Really? 

Sign in to follow this