Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
slokill_1

Franz Von Jutland Vigilance worth it?

3 comments in this topic

Members
1,305 posts
21,091 battles

I've never used this skill. 3 pts seems like alot for it.

I hunt DD's in my Leander, Fiji, Edinbugh, and even Hipper.  But never used this skill.

But I'm gonna put Jutland in my Hindenburg (when I get it - I'm on the Roon now).  And it seems to me that the golden age of pure DD hunting is T6 and T7.  By T9 and 10 it's really tough to single mindedly pursue to destruction a DD, unless he's really out there and needs to die.  

Just wondering what you guys think of this skill?

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,491 posts
3,435 battles

Vigilance is worthwhile if you're using the TASM OR Hydro, as Vigilance improves the torpedo detection for both (though TASM doesn't buff Hydro, or so LWM says). It's really good on German ships, since they all have the best Hydro in-game, and just further extends the range at which torpedoes are spotted.

Even if you don't use either the module or the Hydro, Vigilance is nice if you're wanting a second or half-second more of response time to torpedoes.

[STURM]
Members
302 posts
2,907 battles

I use him with vigilance on my DDs. That super range for hydro keeps me safer in smoke, since German DDs can be relatively sluggish. Mostly, though, I use it in the vain hope my team will be paying enough attention to dodge those torps I spotted thirty seconds ago.

I don't combine it with TASM, both because it apparently doesn't stack, and a T8 up DD without a concealment mod is dead. (Most of the time. Looking at you, Kabab.)

Sign in to follow this