Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LAnybody

It's a weekend, and the idiots are out in force again...

6 comments in this topic

[BIER]
Members
126 posts
1,878 battles

Sigh.

I'm playing my Minekaze, which isn't even fully upgraded yet, and I've only got a 8-point captain in it. (Oh, the joys of respins...)

It's on Trident, in the usual 3-cap mode. So I'm trying to cap B in the middle at the start of the game.

Naturally, the enemy Gremyasheny shows up, and by his play and detection range, he's got a 15+ point captain on it.  He's now inside my detection range, so I pop smoke and decide to run. He wasn't dumb enough to try to close, so a snap torp shot didn't look good, and the Gremy seriously out-guns a non-upgraded Minekaze.

So what do the BBs on my team do?  [edited] at me for 5 minutes flat for not capping.  Despite the fact that there were NO ships on my team within 10km of where I was, and the Gremy also had backup.  Dude in an Iron Duke claimed that I didn't know what IJN DDs were for, that none of the DDs were capping (there were 3, and it eventually took 2 of us to cap C against 2 of their DDs and a Leander). 

Game finished with our 3 DDs having 7 kills between them, and our BBs had no kills. I got 2 kills, but because I only had one cap and spotted most of the game, I ended up with relatively little XP.

Weekends. Sigh.

• Bad 1

[4HIM]
Members
1,815 posts
4,158 battles

At least you didn't have 4 BB's at the J-10 Cocktail Party discussing how bad the DD's on the team are.  :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 2

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
50 minutes ago, LAnybody said:

Sigh.

I'm playing my Minekaze, which isn't even fully upgraded yet, and I've only got a 8-point captain in it. (Oh, the joys of respins...)

It's on Trident, in the usual 3-cap mode. So I'm trying to cap B in the middle at the start of the game.

Naturally, the enemy Gremyasheny shows up, and by his play and detection range, he's got a 15+ point captain on it.  He's now inside my detection range, so I pop smoke and decide to run. He wasn't dumb enough to try to close, so a snap torp shot didn't look good, and the Gremy seriously out-guns a non-upgraded Minekaze.

So what do the BBs on my team do?  [edited] at me for 5 minutes flat for not capping.  Despite the fact that there were NO ships on my team within 10km of where I was, and the Gremy also had backup.  Dude in an Iron Duke claimed that I didn't know what IJN DDs were for, that none of the DDs were capping (there were 3, and it eventually took 2 of us to cap C against 2 of their DDs and a Leander). 

Game finished with our 3 DDs having 7 kills between them, and our BBs had no kills. I got 2 kills, but because I only had one cap and spotted most of the game, I ended up with relatively little XP.

Weekends. Sigh.

Clutch Move In Before The Lock GIF - ClutchMove InBeforeTheLock GIFs

[TBW]
Members
6,413 posts
12,059 battles

The only common denominator for every one who loses lots of games in a row is, that they were in all of them.

• Bad 1

[NFE]
Members
45 posts
2,807 battles

I've noticed Friday nights are different from other nights. I seem to lose more often on Friday night.  I'd think I was one of the idiots who play Friday night, except I play IJN DDs, and would never criticize other players, because it does no good. I once suggested that a friendly DD who had torped me from behind should have paid more attention. I was very reasonable about it, no swearing or anything. He cussed me out for some reason. I guess I had prevented him from sinking 5 enemies with his 3 torps.

[CVA16]
Members
2,303 posts
9,899 battles
On 7/13/2018 at 7:23 PM, LAnybody said:

and the Gremy seriously out-guns a non-upgraded Minekaze.

Upgraded to the max and you are still seriously out-gunned!:cap_book: Never a good idea for  a Minekaze to enter into a gunfight with another healthy DD (unless forced to) as the best you can reasonably hope for is a Pyrrhic victory. Assuming neither side has backup, you can (probably) out-gun a Mutsuki but will be much worse for the wear.

Sign in to follow this