Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GrandAdmiral_2016

OK, so everyone is getting one of these....

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

370
[HELLS]
Members
1,704 posts
15,603 battles

...so, as usual, I ground Ray Spruance's favorite flagship. Since I  missed 4 of the missions due to work (yes, even us retired guys have to come out of mothballs once in while) I wasn't sure I'd make it but here she is, all dished up in 5 battles (3 of them wins). Plus I had an available 10-point reserve captain to put in her which will allows me to grind another USN 10-pointer when the time comes for another USN freebee....plus I got Thomas Buell's ''The Quiet Warrior: A Biography of Admiral Raymond A. Spruance'' as an e-book gift from my son. Weekend off to a great start!

shot-18.07.13_19.45.11-0491.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
519
[POP]
Members
1,169 posts
15,124 battles
5 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

...so, as usual, I ground Ray Spruance's favorite flagship. Since I  missed 4 of the missions due to work (yes, even us retired guys have to come out of mothballs once in while) I wasn't sure I'd make it but here she is, all dished up in 5 battles (3 of them wins). Plus I had an available 10-point reserve captain to put in her which will allows me to grind another USN 10-pointer when the time comes for another USN freebee....plus I got Thomas Buell's ''The Quiet Warrior: A Biography of Admiral Raymond A. Spruance'' as an e-book gift from my son. Weekend off to a great start!

shot-18.07.13_19.45.11-0491.jpg

Congrats :Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
66
[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
472 posts

i got mine today too woohoo

now i can enjoy summertime more lol

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
739
[HYDRO]
Members
1,590 posts
3,753 battles

Had the luck to not miss many missions, so got her past Friday. Time to enjoy summer now :cap_win:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[MASSD]
Beta Testers
4 posts
12,123 battles

hello i have a question, if I already owned the indy do i still get one when missions are complete if i do where do i get it from?, cause i have completed 21.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[POP]
Members
1,235 posts
8,332 battles
3 minutes ago, REBEL5150 said:

hello i have a question, if I already owned the indy do i still get one when missions are complete if i do where do i get it from?, cause i have completed 21.

You get the equivalent in silver. But you do get the port slot and a free 10-point Captain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[MASSD]
Beta Testers
4 posts
12,123 battles

That cant be right cause i already got the captain and the port slot.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[BIER]
Members
126 posts
1,878 battles
1 hour ago, OgreMkV said:

You get the equivalent in silver. But you do get the port slot and a free 10-point Captain. 

Actually, you get the equivalent in Doubloons. Not Silver. It's a premium ship, and duplicates pay out in the equivalent amount it took to purchase them via doubloons.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,056
Members
3,814 posts
14,142 battles
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:12 PM, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

...so, as usual, I ground Ray Spruance's favorite flagship. Since I  missed 4 of the missions due to work (yes, even us retired guys have to come out of mothballs once in while) I wasn't sure I'd make it but here she is, all dished up in 5 battles (3 of them wins). Plus I had an available 10-point reserve captain to put in her which will allows me to grind another USN 10-pointer when the time comes for another USN freebee....plus I got Thomas Buell's ''The Quiet Warrior: A Biography of Admiral Raymond A. Spruance'' as an e-book gift from my son. Weekend off to a great start!

shot-18.07.13_19.45.11-0491.jpg

Grats! She's a good bote once you get comfortable with her. It took me about a dozen random battles to get the hang of how best to drive her and I've been doing pretty good since then. I have 20 battles so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
693
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,051 posts
On 7/13/2018 at 10:58 PM, LAnybody said:

Actually, you get the equivalent in Doubloons. Not Silver. It's a premium ship, and duplicates pay out in the equivalent amount it took to purchase them via doubloons.

 

Nah I had both the  Atlanta n  Cleveland already n got both from missions from the Freedom collection and what I got was silver for both not Doubloons,   So that may been the way it worked at one time but not now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[BIER]
Members
126 posts
1,878 battles
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

Nah I had both the  Atlanta n  Cleveland already n got both from missions from the Freedom collection and what I got was silver for both not Doubloons,   So that may been the way it worked at one time but not now

If the freebie you earn is a Tech Tree ship, you get silver for any duplicates.

If the freebie you earn is a Premium, and you already own it, you get doubloons.

that's the way it worked up until a month ago. They might have changed it for this particular mission. But what I describe is how it's worked for the last 3 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
693
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,051 posts
1 minute ago, LAnybody said:

If the freebie you earn is a Tech Tree ship, you get silver for any duplicates.

If the freebie you earn is a Premium, and you already own it, you get doubloons.

that's the way it worked up until a month ago. They might have changed it for this particular mission. But what I describe is how it's worked for the last 3 years.

Again I got a Cleveland  n a  Atlanta  I grant you Might Have  Been Right If It Had Been Just The   Cleveland  only  I got  the  Atlanta as well and I already had both and All I Got Was Silver a Captain and a Port Slot  No Doubloons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[BIER]
Members
126 posts
1,878 battles

Did you get the Cleveland and Atlanta from a container? One of the Freedom containers?

 

You might actually open a support ticket with WG, because the policy has been as I described for 3 years, and there wasn't any change notice anywhere that things would behave differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
693
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,051 posts
6 hours ago, LAnybody said:

Did you get the Cleveland and Atlanta from a container? One of the Freedom containers?

 

You might actually open a support ticket with WG, because the policy has been as I described for 3 years, and there wasn't any change notice anywhere that things would behave differently.

Already had both as I rleady said then got them again Via the Freedom Containers and again I only got silver I believe someone already said in another thread if you get ships you already have the ships and get them again via mission containers all you get is silver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[BIER]
Members
126 posts
1,878 battles
5 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

Already had both as I rleady said then got them again Via the Freedom Containers and again I only got silver I believe someone already said in another thread if you get ships you already have the ships and get them again via mission containers all you get is silver

My point being is that this is NOT what has happened before. Ships you got from containers - whether Supercontainers or Event containers - that were duplicates of ones you had already got silver or doubloon as I described above.

I would open a support ticket with Wargaming, and get them to tell you if only getting silver is something they changed permanently, or just for ships you got during the Freedom event, or if it was a bug and you SHOULD have gotten doubloons for the Atlanta.  Because the behavior you describe is NOT normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,084 posts
6,023 battles
17 hours ago, LAnybody said:

My point being is that this is NOT what has happened before. Ships you got from containers - whether Supercontainers or Event containers - that were duplicates of ones you had already got silver or doubloon as I described above.

I would open a support ticket with Wargaming, and get them to tell you if only getting silver is something they changed permanently, or just for ships you got during the Freedom event, or if it was a bug and you SHOULD have gotten doubloons for the Atlanta.  Because the behavior you describe is NOT normal.

 

On 7/15/2018 at 4:18 AM, LAnybody said:

You might actually open a support ticket with WG, because the policy has been as I described for 3 years, and there wasn't any change notice anywhere that things would behave differently.

Here's the support ticket and change notice all rolled into one:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/june-missions-2018/

That's the June mission briefing, wherein the Indianapolis mission set is described. Mission reward for current Indianapolis owners is credits. And the port slot, and commander. And the commander comes with 6 skill points, not ten.

The general pattern for duplicate compensation for some time now has been: doubloon compensation if you're acquiring via doubloons (examples: multi-ship bundles, Santa crates), and credit compensation for acquiring via mission grinds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,488 posts
8,999 battles
5 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

 

Here's the support ticket and change notice all rolled into one:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/june-missions-2018/

That's the June mission briefing, wherein the Indianapolis mission set is described. Mission reward for current Indianapolis owners is credits. And the port slot, and commander. And the commander comes with 6 skill points, not ten.

The general pattern for duplicate compensation for some time now has been: doubloon compensation if you're acquiring via doubloons (examples: multi-ship bundles, Santa crates), and credit compensation for acquiring via mission grinds.

I can confirm that they are doing this.  I was away for a while, and I logged back in recently.  When I did, I got three personal missions.  The reward for one was for the Monaghan, which I completed and received. The reward for the other two were for the Sims and for the Texas.  I already had both of those.  I completed both those missions as well.  I got the Stars and Stripes camo for my Texas, which mine did not have, and I got the port slots and captains.  However, I got credit compensation for both, not doubloons.

It should also be noted that the compensation does not depend on how you acquired the original ship.  I bought my Sims in a pre-release package in order to get into Closed Beta.  I bought my Texas when it first came out, so neither of the originals were received as rewards.  However in both cases, I still received credits as compensation, not doubloons.  I mention this in case someone may be thinking that what Manny_D_of_The_Sea said about compensation only applied if the original ship was acquired via a mission reward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,084 posts
6,023 battles
29 minutes ago, Sotaudi said:

It should also be noted that the compensation does not depend on how you acquired the original ship.  I bought my Sims in a pre-release package in order to get into Closed Beta.  I bought my Texas when it first came out, so neither of the originals were received as rewards.  However in both cases, I still received credits as compensation, not doubloons.  I mention this in case someone may be thinking that what Manny_D_of_The_Sea said about compensation only applied if the original ship was acquired via a mission reward.

You're right. Compensation is dependent on how you acquire the duplicate, not the original.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×