Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mofton

New Resource Amounts - Show in Port

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,188
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,803 posts
10,309 battles

Would this be so hard?

EmcL1Zw.png

I forget about the new 'Arsenal' a lot of the time, and if I'm curious about how much coal I've gotten recently it means diving into it. Oil currently needs a separate visit to the clan tab and then usually a search. This is not super efficient and the UI isn't precisely a rocket.

The other 3 Resources all live happily on the top bar, maybe Elite Captain XP could go there too rather than having to pretend to want to re-spec a captain to trick the UI into showing you.

Just a thought.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,377
[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts
10 minutes ago, mofton said:

Would this be so hard?

I forget about the new 'Arsenal' a lot of the time, and if I'm curious about how much coal I've gotten recently it means diving into it. Oil currently needs a separate visit to the clan tab and then usually a search. This is not super efficient and the UI isn't precisely a rocket.

The other 3 Resources all live happily on the top bar, maybe Elite Captain XP could go there too rather than having to pretend to want to re-spec a captain to trick the UI into showing you.

Just a thought.

Sure why not. Though to see elite commander xp you don't currently need to go to the re-spec screen. Just click on any commander to pull up their skill tree and the elite commander xp total is in the  lower left corner.

Edited by RipNuN2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,864
[HINON]
Supertester
19,195 posts
12,716 battles

While I can see your intention @mofton I'm not 100% sure I agree. Don't want to overwhelm new players with too much information / resource types. Maybe if they only appear when they're unlocked in whatever account level unlocks them. Otherwise you have steel, coal, captain XP, doubloons, credits, free XP and ship XP all being numbers and crowding the UI - that's 8 types of resources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
177
[PVE]
Members
382 posts
8,591 battles

 

34 minutes ago, Lert said:

While I can see your intention @mofton I'm not 100% sure I agree. Don't want to overwhelm new players with too much information / resource types. Maybe if they only appear when they're unlocked in whatever account level unlocks them. Otherwise you have steel, coal, captain XP, doubloons, credits, free XP and ship XP all being numbers and crowding the UI - that's 8 types of resources.

If a player can be ran away by numbers then that's one less of Idaho's best on my team. Just saying.

What about when they learn everything in the game is about numbers? (Range, reload times, spotting etc)

 

 

 

200w.gif

Edited by Rabbitt81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,188
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,803 posts
10,309 battles
11 minutes ago, Lert said:

While I can see your intention @mofton I'm not 100% sure I agree. Don't want to overwhelm new players with too much information / resource types. Maybe if they only appear when they're unlocked in whatever account level unlocks them. Otherwise you have steel, coal, captain XP, doubloons, credits, free XP and ship XP all being numbers and crowding the UI - that's 8 types of resources.

I see that point.

Fundamentally WG have gone a bit mad with resources. ECXP was a great addition to FXP. Oil has been grossly under-utilized and so far the best I've had from it is to generate coal, it's just sitting there, we've been lucky enough to have all the Clan base buildings since S1 yet it's still 30 oil/player for a CB win... Why both steel and coal have been introduced when one could do is a bit beyond me too.

I think if they only appear on the account levels that would make sense, especially as a new player is likely to not have any ECXP or oil until they join a clan etc. Good suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,211
[WOLF3]
Members
6,399 posts
2,387 battles
32 minutes ago, mofton said:

The other 3 Resources all live happily on the top bar, maybe Elite Captain XP

I'd prefer that they not live on the top bar.  Clutter, but there are also resolution issues -- the bar must fit on small screens.

Still, I applaud the intent.  It would be nice to have a button on the bar that brings up a resource summary dialogue.  Having to open the Arsenal to check my Coal is a PITA.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,864
[HINON]
Supertester
19,195 posts
12,716 battles
44 minutes ago, mofton said:

I think if they only appear on the account levels that would make sense, especially as a new player is likely to not have any ECXP or oil until they join a clan etc. Good suggestion.

I forgot oil, that's 9 resources.

37 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

It would be nice to have a button on the bar that brings up a resource summary dialogue.  Having to open the Arsenal to check my Coal is a PITA.

Maybe just have a 'resources' button that opens a popup with all the 9 resources when you mouse-over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,162
[PVE]
Members
9,571 posts
7,466 battles

Oil is only used for clan buildings and constructions after patch 7.6. I think WG planned on doing what they did with coal with oil, but I would guess that oil was too closely tied to clans and there were a significant group of people that didn't even want to join a solo clan. So for patch 7.6, WG converted the personal oil wallet to coal and wiped out the personal oil wallet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Instead of each Resource on the Top Bar,a Tab next to the Clan Tab,Resources Listing All on One Windowed Screen with All the information as to what can be done with each Resource.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,787
Members
9,961 posts
3 hours ago, mofton said:

Would this be so hard?

 

I forget about the new 'Arsenal' a lot of the time, and if I'm curious about how much coal I've gotten recently it means diving into it. Oil currently needs a separate visit to the clan tab and then usually a search. This is not super efficient and the UI isn't precisely a rocket.

The other 3 Resources all live happily on the top bar, maybe Elite Captain XP could go there too rather than having to pretend to want to re-spec a captain to trick the UI into showing you.

Just a thought.

Where you gonna put all the new resources they are adding? :Smile_teethhappy:

 

 

Edited by awiggin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×