Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Counter_Gambit

Naval Ops Warship Gunner, Commander, and WSG2 Discussion

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

491
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,039 posts
3,571 battles

Okay, because of a discussion that started in another thread, which is way off topic for said thread, I decided to create this. A discussion thread for all three Naval Ops game for the playstation 2:

Naval Ops: Warship Gunner (NOWSG, or WSG)
Naval Ops: Commander (NOCdr)
Naval Ops: Warship Gunner 2 (NOWSG2, or WSG2)

I personally have all three games, and enjoy each one. I prefer WSG2, because of the increased customization options, of being able to mix and match hulls and bridges, of different nations.

Anyway, Let's talk ship building :cap_hmm:

 

I'll have to wait until I get access to my PS2 again, before I mention the ships that I built.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,376
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,457 posts
3,875 battles

120 knot frigate with 10 triple 235mm AGS.

 

Also an ASROC and illumination flare for good measure.

 

Basically all I do is hit Engagement Mode and do donuts inside the enemy formation while they get shredded by autocannons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
491
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,039 posts
3,571 battles
14 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

120 knot frigate with 10 triple 235mm AGS.

 

Also an ASROC and illumination flare for good measure.

 

Basically all I do is hit Engagement Mode and do donuts inside the enemy formation while they get shredded by autocannons.

I don't know if you read this or not, but the following information concerns the container in the mission that you start with 0 ammo:

You need one of two items, or both.

1. Ammo Assembler, 999 Supership kill reward. Provides infinite ammo, thus you start that mission with ammo. <--- SPE-E-740 Enemy Layout 2, has Dual Crater, which spawns infinite superships. Do not kill Dual Crater, and 999 Supership kills is easy.

2. Drillship Hull, 999 Battlecarrier reward. Still need to R&D the hull, but you'll use the drill to ram the ship that carries the container. <---due to only one mission FAR-G-600, being the only mission that has Battlecarriers, ammo assembler is easier to obtain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
491
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,039 posts
3,571 battles

Tyr Class
Type: Battlecarrier
Hull: Gigantic Battlecarrier
Weight: 39,934t/40,000t
Armor: 61cm plating, Core
Engines: 8 Nuclear Reactors (epsilon) powering 4 Steam turbines (epsilon), producing an output of 366,080
Fwd Bridge: US CV FWD Bridge Alpha
AFT Bridge: Jpn BB AFT Bridge Gamma
Command: 238
Radar: 38
Sonar: 11

Weapons:
2x Sepia Pulse Cannons, 1 forward facing, 1 aft facing
16x3 280mm AGS
4x ASROC III
4x Anti-Air Missile III
6x 25mm CIWS
6x 30mm CIWS
6x 35mm CIWS

Aircraft:
6x Duck Interceptors
4x Duck Fighters
4x Duck Bombers
4x Duck Scouts
2x AS332L Helicopters

FEAR THE RUBBER DUCKIES!!!

Systems:
Ammo Assembler
Electronic Targeting Gamma
Multi-Purpose Radar
Eltr Positioning System II
Auto-Reload System Gamma
Auto-Countermeasures III

Game's Rating;
Offensive: A
Anti-Air: A
Armor: A
Response: A
Command: A
Mobility: A
Evaluation: S

Edited by Counter_Gambit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,376
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,457 posts
3,875 battles
Just now, Counter_Gambit said:

I don't know if you read this or not, but the following information concerns the container in the mission that you start with 0 ammo:

You need one of two items, or both.

1. Ammo Assembler, 999 Supership kill reward. Provides infinite ammo, thus you start that mission with ammo. <--- SPE-E-740 Enemy Layout 2, has Dual Crater, which spawns infinite superships. Do not kill Dual Crater, and 999 Supership kills is easy.

2. Drillship Hull, 999 Battlecarrier reward. Still need to R&D the hull, but you'll use the drill to ram the ship that carries the container. <---due to only one mission FAR-G-600, being the only mission that has Battlecarriers, ammo assembler is easier to obtain.

Neither are really options right now. Especially the damn drillship, that's a near-impossible achievement. The only mission with battlecarriers only has 6 of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
491
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,039 posts
3,571 battles
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Neither are really options right now. Especially the damn drillship, that's a near-impossible achievement. The only mission with battlecarriers only has 6 of them.

May I ask why those options are unavailable?

4 battlecarriers maximum, per play of mission FAR-G-600 enemy layout 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,137
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,000 posts
7,530 battles

I still have 2 on PS. I've been thinking of firing it up, because building the most OP warships ever is my cuppa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
491
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,039 posts
3,571 battles
Just now, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I still have 2 on PS. I've been thinking of firing it up, because building the most OP warships ever is my cuppa.

Building OP Warships is oh so much fun. What is also fun: building ships that could exist in real life, but for a fictional nation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,412
[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
6,480 battles

If you own the game, you can use PCSX2 to emulate it with the disk, or create a back-up image of it. To extract saves from your PS2 memory card, though, you need to get a Codebreaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
199 posts
458 battles

We need to buy the rights and make Warship Gunner 3.  I'd have WG do it but they'd probably mess it up terribly :|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
491
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,039 posts
3,571 battles

Devastator Class
Type: Frigate
Hull: Jpn Frigate II
Weight: 15346/15500
Endurance: 5700
Armor: 36cm plating, Full
Engines: 17 gas turbines (epsilon), producing an output of 221,000
Speed: 106.7 knots
FWD Bridge: Jpn DD FWD Bridge Alpha
AFT Bridge: Jpn DD AFT Bridge Alpha
Command: 121
Radar: 17
Sonar: 11

Weapons;
1x Magnetic Pulse Gun Forward Facing
1x High Explosive guided torpedo
1x2 New Anti-Submarine Warfare Guided Torpedo
3x3 15.5cm/65
21x Pulse Laser III
27x 35mm CIWS <---two separate slots, one containing 14x other containing 13x. This way the two sets of CIWS can fire on two separate targets

Systems;
Auto-Reload System Gamma
Ammo-Assembler <---This device gets moved around from ship to ship as needed... seriously OP
Damage Control Charm <--- no fires or flooding to worry about
High Gravity Shield <--- 85% Gravity shield, 85% EM Shield
Enigmatech Epsilon <--- +1500 Endurance, +15% speed, +10% command
Enigmatech  Kappa <--- Forward Boost II, Rear Boost II, Emergency Turn II
Auto Countermeasures III
Enigmatech Zeta <--- +3000 Endurance, +1 steering, +20% speed, +25% command
E-Tech Propulsion Sys II <--- -1 Steering, +50% speed
Enigmatech Alpha <--- +500 endurance, +1 Steering, +10% Speed, +25% Command

Aircraft: N/A

Game's Rating;
Offensive: A
Anti-Air: A
Armor: D
Response: A
Command: D
Mobility: A

Evaluation: B

This is my go to ship, because of the speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×