You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Best BB dd killer?

42 comments in this topic

Members
233 posts
4,631 battles

Whenever I get annoyed with dd's I pull out my scharnhorst for some dd hunting it's great for annoying them. I've also found out that with it's excellent torp protection and insane secondaries the Mass is a very good dd counter even at tier 10.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,836 battles

The French T7 Lyon can make a DD regret his life choices in a single salvo.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
4 minutes ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Whenever I get annoyed with dd's I pull out my scharnhorst for some dd hunting it's great for annoying them. I've also found out that with it's excellent torp protection and insane secondaries the Mass is a very good dd counter even at tier 10.

Sorry but just because of your screen name I couldn't resist

• Funny 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

I just turn around in my Richelieu and let my Secondaries deal with him. Nine 152mm or 155mm barrels shooting HE shells, you can't go wrong. Then I turn around and fire my eight 380mm AP shells at him... because you know... who expects a ship to do a u-turn?

Edited by Vangm94

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
14 minutes ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Minotaur, radar not smoke. Moskva and Des Moines are brutal as well (I don't have Zao/Hidenburg but I'm guessing they're good too). Gearing/YY (radar not smoke)/Khab (I don't have one but I run from them in any other DD) all with RPF. I also get a fair amount of DD kills in my Shima but I have ~900 games in it YMMV.

EDIT: I missed the BB part in the title. Anything with good dispersion can 1 or 2 shot a DD, so all American, most IJN, all RN (not because dispersion but because of insane HE). Montana/MO/Yamato are probably the ones that kill me the most in DD as I get shot from space with pinpoint 10k AP salvos (and I play mostly T8+).

Edited by w4spl3g

[BBP]
Members
335 posts
4,344 battles
14 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

The French T7 Lyon can make a DD regret his life choices in a single salvo.

I was just gonna mention that.  Lyon can make it rain shells.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,579 posts
3,751 battles

Any RN BB, you already are spamming HE, so no need to even change ammo, as sad as that sounds.

[SYN]
Members
14,456 posts
10,465 battles

most of them can?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
23 minutes ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I do as well, My Scharnhorst is my go to DD Killer.

Nothing does the Job Better than The Scharnhorst as far as BB's go,The 20 sec reload and rifle accurate guns make it easy.

Beta Testers
2,987 posts
4,421 battles

as long you hit them,most BBs can.

i mean,there is a big reason of why the DD mafia keep moaning about BB ap shells trashing them.

• Bad 1

[-BMV-]
Members
1,196 posts
5,656 battles

Warspite, she's accurate with good secondaries. But the best thing about her is her rate of turn. If played right you won't be trapped in confined spaces against DD's, They'll be trapped in them with you! 

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,424 battles

I like the Normandie, her HE is brutal to DDs & shes very agile for a BB making it easy (relatively) to surf the inbound torps. 

[DRG_N]
Members
424 posts
582 battles

A secondary-specced Masshole or Alsace is amazing at giving stealth trolls their proper treatment. 

If you're good with the main guns, you can load HE into your Missouri and troll them right back with your radar.

Also great is the Richelieu. It's HE hits like a truck, it's fast as hell even before hitting it's speed boost consumable, and it's turret placement makes it great for assault.  If you secondary spec it there's no escape if you get a magical speedboat in your sights.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles

Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, Massachusetts, Normandie, Alsace. . . you know, all my favorites.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
780 posts
6,681 battles

If you've only got time for one broadside, you call upon the most accurate 12 gun battleship amongst its peers, the Montana.

QQ20180710212215.gif

Edited by Cruiser_Chicago
  • Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,268 posts
17,289 battles
19 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

most of them can?

Pretty much.

Ultra low-tier; (co-op,) Mikasa.

Low tier; Wyoming, (because I know how to squash the little roaches with a main gun baseball bat.

Mid Tier; New Mexico, Normandie.

Upper-mid; Massachusetts, Bismarck, Tirpitz, with MFCS. (baguettes need not apply, for me at least, and I don’t play them anyway.)

High tier; Don’t play any.

Supertester
755 posts
3,498 battles

Due to accuracy Yamato works but if you are against a good dd player in all honesty you are just screwed.

Members
637 posts
741 battles

Giulio Cesare, concealment gives them less time to play, speed and rudder allows you to chase and dodge like no other, great HE and accurate guns round out the lolieater package.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,237 posts
4,803 battles

Mass's secondaries are vicious and has slightly better accuracy than Tirpitz or Scharnhorst yet both are a DD's worst nightmare. It's always fun to be engaging a BB and melting that pesky Fubuki behind me with my secondaries at the same time. Alsace looks to be right up there and was a pure blast on PT but with nerfs inbound who knows?

Members
904 posts
4,261 battles

Reading this thread is proof enough that bb ap and accuracy is broken. RPS got lost somewhere in WG revenue.

Edited by Vaitmana
  • Bad 1

[MKF]
Members
410 posts
15,107 battles
1 hour ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Monty does pretty well when they are spotted

Edited by Dath_1

[BBICT]
Members
3,372 posts
3,561 battles

Welp, lots of good ones already have been posted...hard to beat the Sharn...but I've had good luck with the Dunk... 

• Funny 1