You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warp103

How bad can team be

40 comments in this topic

[-TXT-]
Members
348 posts
9,610 battles

Pictured this, Std battle, We spawn in the south. I am in a Leningrad t7 in a tier 9 game.

Only me and the other DD goes past the G line. wth

All this week is seems like  teams are missing keys on their Keyboards.

Like the W key will not word past some grids.

So I quit. I told the enemy team exactly were I was.  Did not move but maybe 10 meters.

Even though my position was known. I still kill 2 ships and came in second place.

And did not die, Battle ended in red team capping us out

Edited by warp103
  • Bad 3

[-TXT-]
Members
348 posts
9,610 battles

Should not be Locked I did not name and  Shame lol

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,696 posts
9,112 battles

41f5b2d7a3327eeefb2ad34ec5ad6a51f1b63f5d

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,852 battles

How bad can a team be, are you aware of the concept of infinity sir? lol

• Cool 1

[-TXT-]
Members
348 posts
9,610 battles
3 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

How bad can a team be, are you aware of the concept of infinity sir? lol

GDamn that bad

[-TXT-]
Members
348 posts
9,610 battles
8 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

41f5b2d7a3327eeefb2ad34ec5ad6a51f1b63f5d

Why will this not go well. I got Comp by the red team for not moving far and killing 2  Cruisers.

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,473 battles

From what I have seen in Radoms most guys would take the title of this post as a challenge for the match. 

I used to have a fairly high karma rating in game. I decided to start saying something about stupid stuff I saw in matches. Not raging & no salt just. "Dude what are you thinking?" kinda messages with an explanation what they are going wrong. Seems most people dont like that & will - karma you for even mentioning it. My motto hence forth... F em... I'll do my thing & say nothing unless asked. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,696 posts
9,112 battles
10 minutes ago, warp103 said:

Why will this not go well. I got Comp by the red team for not moving far and killing 2  Cruisers.

It is good that you fought but it is against the terms of service to do what you did in informing them where you were.

[-TXT-]
Members
348 posts
9,610 battles

when did this game turn into a full on camp o Rama.

I mean. I notice that camping was happening at time but lately it like WTH no one leaves the spawn area. Unless they lemming train.

[-TXT-]
Members
348 posts
9,610 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

It is good that you fought but it is against the terms of service to do what you did in informing them where you were.

hmm I tought that only apply to telling your teammate positions, not your own.  IF WG want to get mad, they need fix the camping issues/

Edited by warp103

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,696 posts
9,112 battles
1 minute ago, warp103 said:

hmm I tought that only apply to telling your teammate positions, not your own.  IF WG want to gey mad, they need fix the camping issues/

My understanding is it would apply to the informing player too but I may be wrong, it has happened in the past. You did fight so that probably lets you off the hook.

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,834 battles
45 minutes ago, warp103 said:

Pictured this, Std battle, We spawn in the south. I am in a Leningrad t7 in a tier 9 game.

The problem you are encountering is based on the "standard battle" mode. IMHO standard battles are the worst, far worse than epicenter. Here is why:

Pushing on an enemy position is harder than defending against a push. Please argue if you disagree with this point.

Therefore, playing completely defensive in a standard battle is a rather smart thing to do. Simply wait for the first enemy cruiser or DD to overextend and then nuke it. Wait for the next to overextend and nuke that one too. Before you know it, you have a 4 ship lead and full control on the map. It stinks, but this is probably what you experienced.

• Cool 2

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
733 posts
11,973 battles

Ask that question at the beginning of any match and the response you are likely to get is, "Challenge Accepted!"

:cap_like:

Respects,

Am

Members
707 posts
4,405 battles
19 minutes ago, warp103 said:

I mean. I notice that camping was happening at time but lately it like WTH no one leaves the spawn area. Unless they lemming train.

Why would you do anything but camp in a standard battle? 

Standard battle is a really terrible gamemode that is in desperate need of reworking/removal. The team that camps better generally wins. 

• Cool 1

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles
1 hour ago, warp103 said:

All this week is seems like  teams are missing keys on their Keyboards.

Like the W key will not word past some grids.

So I quit. I told the enemy team exactly were I was.  Did not move but maybe 10 meters.

Even though my position was known. I still kill 2 ships and came in second place.

And did not die, Battle ended in red team capping us out

I commend you sir, the greatest of all time used this technique. It was called the rope-a-dope.

See the source image

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,696 posts
9,112 battles
1 minute ago, Amracil said:

Ask that question at the beginning of any match and the response you are likely to get is, "Challenge Accepted!"

Respects,

Am

When they joke/ask they usually give a meeting place which is generally near the middle of the map.

[-TXT-]
Members
348 posts
9,610 battles

Ok this is [edited] . If that was the case then we would have won. IN  Each and every Std battle. I have even been in the campers lose. Why EZ you get cross fired by long range BBs. So what is the next excuse to camp.

[-TXT-]
Members
348 posts
9,610 battles
26 minutes ago, Amracil said:

Respects,

Am

I said then 3 min l in to the match {was spotted at about 1.20} .Was in the same area to boot. Is that beginning enough

Edited by warp103

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,336 battles
52 minutes ago, warp103 said:

The minute that radar was introduced, and could see through islands, and kept DDs from spotting and capping.

• Cool 1

[-TXT-]
Members
348 posts
9,610 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

The minute that radar was introduced, and could see through islands, and kept DDs from spotting and capping.

I am a dd main yes radar is bad. But that still is no excuse. Again I was a t7 in a t9. In a dd. So I was bottom tier and I still push and was aggressive.  I get radar all the time . Hence why on my IJN dd I never bring smoke if I have the torp booster .

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,834 battles
26 minutes ago, warp103 said:

Ok this is [edited] . If that was the case then we would have won. IN  Each and every Std battle. I have even been in the campers lose. Why EZ you get cross fired by long range BBs. So what is the next excuse to camp.

There is a significant difference between camping and defending. Setting up for cross shots and making sure you can fire on spotted ships while DDs are probing for contact is a defensive tactic and very effective in standard battles. I do not consider ships sitting behind islands on the 1 line to be effective at all, this I would call camping. There is a major difference between BBs playing "sniper" from the 1 line and ships disbursing to protect the flanks while not exposing or overextending themselves. One is camping while the other is defending. Just because your team is not moving full speed at the enemy, it does not mean that they are "camping".

If you disagree with the simple premise that defending is more effective than pushing, please voice the reason/rationale. It helps to understand different perspectives. 

[-TXT-]
Members
348 posts
9,610 battles
19 minutes ago, _Big_Lou_ said:

There is a significant difference between camping and defending. Setting up for cross shots and making sure you can fire on spotted ships while DDs are probing for contact is a defensive tactic and very effective in standard battles. I do not consider ships sitting behind islands on the 1 line to be effective at all, this I would call camping. There is a major difference between BBs playing "sniper" from the 1 line and ships disbursing to protect the flanks while not exposing or overextending themselves. One is camping while the other is defending. Just because your team is not moving full speed at the enemy, it does not mean that they are "camping".

If you disagree with the simple premise that defending is more effective than pushing, please voice the reason/rationale. It helps to understand different perspectives. 

How about  3 bb going in full reverse from the G line{the spawn area} . I  Have 8k plus battles. I fully aware what camping is. Again in all my battles on Std . The team that camps loses. Hence why I said they did not know what the W key was or it was missing.