You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Free XP Question, please help me make a decision.

Moskva or Hindenburg  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship would be better to have in my list of tier 10s?

• Moskva
    • Hindenburg

25 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

As it sits right now I have 176,464 free xp saved up.  Now I do use my free xp to help me unlock ships when I have it available.  Now here is the question.  I could spend it all now and unlock the Hindenburg.  Not sure if that would even be worth it.  Or I could save it until I get another 106,000 free xp and unlock Moskva.   I would like to have at least 1 tier 10 cruiser even though I don't really play them.  If I had to choose which one should it be?  I for some reason didn't really care much for the US cruisers.  Not sure why I just don't.  But thats my opinion.  Thanks guys.  Yes I have Minotaur available that I can purchase.  But I don't care for it either.

shot-18.07.13_11.53.38-0007.jpg

shot-18.07.13_11.56.29-0615.jpg

Edited by torpsRus
  • Bad 1

[MKF]
Members
410 posts
15,080 battles

Got Hindy recently, highly enjoy it

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
420 posts
12,951 battles

I like Hindy, but my suggestion would be to go on the Test Server and try out both and see which one you like better.

Edited by HamptonRoads
  • Cool 5

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
Just now, HamptonRoads said:

I like Hindy, but my suggestion would be to go on the PTS and try out both and see which one you like better.

That's actually a good idea if the test server is still up for a few days I think I will.  I also appreciate knowledge from other players that currently own one or both of them.  I have Minotaur available I just dont care for it.

Edited by torpsRus

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Use the Silver Stars to get Tech Tree Ships.

Use FXP to upgrade it. 

Save the FXP Towards a FXP Ship  is another Option. 

Rushing up any Tree is a Loss of Valuable Knowledge. "Take Your Time"

• Cool 3

[INTEL]
Members
6,658 posts
25,685 battles

I would not recommend using the little FXP you have  for jumping ships. It is always better used for upgrading hulls and modules or for purchasing an FXP-only ship.

That said, having both, Hindenburg is the better ship.

Edited by alexf24

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

My problem is I completely just potato with cruisers I would use another word but potato will suit its purpose for it.  I don't play them often I normally play Battleships (not for the safety net reason I just enjoy them), and destroyers because they are quick nimble and stealthy.  I've actually went ADHD on Roon and Donskoi multilple times sold them both bought them both back time and again but.  I'm not sure exactly at this point.

Edited by torpsRus

[HYDRO]
Members
1,541 posts
3,751 battles

No offence, but if you are a potato when it comes to cruisers, why get T10 ones? I dont think you will have an enjoyable experience and if you don't play them that often, better reserve the FXP for ship classes you are gonna play often.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,392 posts
2,380 battles

No vote / downvote. bad.png.0eaf01fa99e08934f7497098603b4a28.png

There's no Bacon or Neither option. 

I would spend on neither, though perhaps buy a hull upgrade with it.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

No vote / downvote. bad.png.0eaf01fa99e08934f7497098603b4a28.png

There's no Bacon or Neither option. 

I would spend on neither, though perhaps buy a hull upgrade with it.

Again that's your opinion.  I'm actually playing on the test server at the moment to try and get Moskva to see if I'll even like it.  Although Hindenburg has the advantage of having 4 main batteries.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,392 posts
2,380 battles

Just play a few Co-op games in T6 and the tokens will fall in your lap.

I'm trying out Worchester and Montana.

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles

I find the Moskva to be a very difficult ship to enjoy frequently. Yes some games are great but I feel its best played in a division working together. The Hindy is like a glass of fine wine after a perfect steak, after a perfect day where all your sports teams won, you neighbors listed heir house for sale....and you have the following week off of work and get to go fishing for 5 straight days.

The Hindy is that smooth.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
2 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

I find the Moskva to be a very difficult ship to enjoy frequently. Yes some games are great but I feel its best played in a division working together. The Hindy is like a glass of fine wine after a perfect steak, after a perfect day where all your sports teams won, you neighbors listed heir house for sale....and you have the following week off of work and get to go fishing for 5 straight days.

Well right now I'm actually grinding out the Moskva on the test server to see if I would even want it.

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
Just now, torpsRus said:

Well right now I'm actually grinding out the Moskva on the test server to see if I would even want it.

keep an eye in your detection

your always spotted its frustrating

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
5 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

keep an eye in your detection

your always spotted its frustrating

You're talking about with the Moskva right?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,570 posts
8,995 battles

Hindenburg, load AP and pew pew. Like all other German cruisers other than the Yorck only load HE when AP is not getting penetrations.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
40 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

The railguns are definitely a mixed blessing. I hate getting spammed by other cruisers over a hill I can't reach over. Catch a DD in the open with the radar with them though, and they're done; well done.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

I made my decision and ultimately decided to go with Hindenburg

[WOLF9]
Members
3,239 posts

Is Hindenburg as trollishly tanky as Hipper?   If so, ME WANTY!   I remember that thing giving me absolute fits in Ranked 2 seasons ago.  "WHAT???  WHY the F%$# can't I citadel this full broadside Hipper 8km away in NO???"    Then I took a closer look at the armor viewer in port.  Cheeky, WG Verrrry cheeky...

I'll get there eventually- got Roon sitting in port, now.

In the grand scheme of things, my top 3 favorite cruiser list looks like this:

1) Baltimore.

2) Eugen.   Hipper is 2.5, but Eugen's heal puts it on top, lol.

3)Buffalo

So, I vote Hindy, lol.    If it's a gun cruiser that hits like a train, it's on my Me Likey list.

[FARQD]
Members
369 posts
6,115 battles

Would prefer Hindy always, but Moskva is good too if you can resist the urge to push with your DDs to radar and support them. One plays Mosvka like a Yammy if not you are dead even before you decide to turn away. Also I have completed most of my missions using Hindy as it is a jack of all trades. :D

If you have no immediate need of these ships save your free xp and grind them. Both the Roon and the Donskoi are good ships.

Members
855 posts
3,580 battles

I'd save it and get a free xp ship......

I have 5 t10s at this point and I don't even play them that much anymore. 

[NG-NL]
Members
5,013 posts
8,240 battles

Hindy beats Moskva at most everything except base MB range.

[YETI]
Members
105 posts
4,487 battles

+1 for Hindi, hands down the best T10 crusier even with the reload nerf.