You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

13 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
171 posts
2,890 battles

First time I've had a TIE match! It was super close!!!

tie1.thumb.PNG.83a0d46d2e6e0aaf92e928e46bd87e25.PNGtie1b.thumb.PNG.81b4f50905986aea9ff41a5887c3c252.PNG

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,473 battles

Thats interesting. I dont think any match I have been in was a draw. I have had some that were decided with mere seconds left on the clock but never a draw. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,217 battles

Back in the bad old days, before every match became some form of domination, there were people running draw percentages of like 20 percent. How would you like that? If you were a 50/50 player you would have 40% wins, 40% losses and the rest were draws.

[WOLF4]
Members
171 posts
2,890 battles
6 minutes ago, Captain_Dorja said:

Back in the bad old days, before every match became some form of domination, there were people running draw percentages of like 20 percent. How would you like that? If you were a 50/50 player you would have 40% wins, 40% losses and the rest were draws.

That is a tad ridiculous. Were they stacking matches or was it just the way the game was setup?

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,782 battles
Just now, ZaCLoNer said:

That is a tad ridiculous. Were they stacking matches or was it just the way the game was setup?

It was the way the game was set up. Back in the day they only way to win was by capping out the enemy base or killing all ships on the enemy team. There wasn't a point system so many games came down to a handful of ships hiding at the edge of the map.

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
171 posts
2,890 battles
1 minute ago, Kevik70 said:

It was the way the game was set up. Back in the day they only way to win was by capping out the enemy base or killing all ships on the enemy team. There wasn't a point system so many games came down to a handful of ships hiding at the edge of the map.

Ah, makes sense why that would be so high then.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,782 battles
1 minute ago, ZaCLoNer said:

Ah, makes sense why that would be so high then.

Yeah, they took the victory system from tanks at time. Turns out maps in WoWs were much larger and ships much slower. Even with an extra 5 minutes on the clock players had a hard time finding one another when there where 3 people left alive.

• Funny 1

Members
4,576 posts
6,533 battles

Draw counts as a loss.  I HATE draws.  Rather have an outright loss. Had lotta draws in tanks.

[WOLF4]
Members
171 posts
2,890 battles

TBF, draws, even as a loss, are more meaningful than straight out losing.  At least the other team didn't get bonuses from the match either and it must have been pretty close on WoWs!

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,603 posts
4,057 battles
20 minutes ago, Captain_Dorja said:

S'truth.  I have 34 draws on my account.  32 of them were from the open beta release.  I think they fixed it the first patch after that, so that was out of maybe 200 games at most, likely a lot less.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,487 posts
2,439 battles

TIE !  Got one of those the other day.  5 surviving ships per side, all of the same types.  Time ran out with points tied.  "Draw"

But you're right, they're super rare now.

There is a way to manufacture a draw.  Get into a Co-op battle (preferably as an only human) and die (to forestall pinkitude), then leave the battle.  When the last human leaves the battle immediately ends in a draw.  If a battle occurs and there's no one to observe it, does it exist?  Apparently not.

BTW, you don't have to blank out all player handles -- just the ones you're dumping on, and there's no dumping in this thread.

• Funny 1

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
267 posts
3,514 battles

Ive only had one a few weeks ago. 

There pretty rare. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,696 posts
9,112 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Dorja said:

People in general were playing stupid and were not playing the objective. However, they had started to learn and were playing the objectives and the draw rates were already plummeting when they changed the requirements to make them about as common as hens teeth. There are some matches where neither team deserves a win.