You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Wargaming what I want is very simple....

34 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Wargaming Developers my request is simple.  I want an option to completely shut off the news notifications icon at the top left corner of my screen.  I get my news either from the webpage or here on the forums.  I don't need it annoying me in the game.  I get annoyed every time I see that icon pop up on my screen.  Can I get this option please and thank you.

shot-18.07.13_10.23.36-0722.jpg

• Cool 10
  • Bad 1

Members
1,152 posts
3,145 battles

The best part is when you go to the news to clear it but when you come back to port the little icon is still there (I think this has been fixed though)

[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,374 battles

Some of us want to not be teamed up with potatoes.. guess who is going to get what they want ?

[HINON]
Supertester
19,246 posts
12,789 battles

Hell, I'd be happy if I didn't have to actually wait to load in the news page to click the 'mark as read' button so the icon goes away.

• Funny 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Hell, I'd be happy if I didn't have to actually wait to load in the news page to click the 'mark as read' button so the icon goes away.

I just want the option to shut it off entirely.

[LOU1]
Members
3,061 posts
8,148 battles

LOL, just a few months ago people were asking for a news notification that got user’s attention and was difficult to ignore...

• Funny 1

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,789 battles

Yep.  The "ERMAGERD NOOZ!!!" icon is extremely annoying.  The vast majority of the time I've already read the stories on the website and the forums before getting home and loading the client. 

Though the icon by my user name will go away after selecting the pertinent (and redundant) stories, the icon on GO NAVY! seems to be there permanently.  No matter what I do it's just there.  Please make it go away?  Delete the entire heading for all I care.

Grouse, grump, complain.

-R

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,789 battles
2 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

LOL, just a few months ago people were asking for a news notification that got user’s attention and was difficult to ignore...

Where?  When?  Direct me to their residential addresses and this will be a non-issue quickly.

-R

[LOU1]
Members
3,061 posts
8,148 battles
2 minutes ago, Mister_Rawr said:

Where?  When?  Direct me to their residential addresses and this will be a non-issue quickly.

-R

LOL

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
36 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

you don't like clicking the notifications

No I don't.

[PVE]
Members
9,801 posts
7,485 battles
44 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Wargaming Developers my request is simple.  I want an option to completely shut off the news notifications icon at the top left corner of my screen.  I get my news either from the webpage or here on the forums.  I don't need it annoying me in the game.  I get annoyed every time I see that icon pop up on my screen.  Can I get this option please and thank you.

shot-18.07.13_10.23.36-0722.jpg

32 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I know. There is a ton of angst that the casual players never come to the forum or read the website. This is something in-game to hopefully reach those clueless players. WG please leave it in as is.

[TDRB]
Members
1,117 posts
4,244 battles

You can't please everybody

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I seen it everyday since it was introduced.

It is there for those interested in clicking the Red n White Spots.. {Hoping it has rewards behind them}

The amount of Players that come here to the Forums is not even a whole number.

WG puts out Information and Prays even the Dumb Fks read some of it.

They have many ways to see the content, What you see is the last ditch effort. { The Best IMO }

It is IN YOUR FACE. {Don't want to see it Click it and look at the "NEWS"}

It is WG's Badge when you Die in Battle... They Don't Play the Game SOOOOOOOOOO it is there.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
11 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I know. There is a ton of angst that the casual players never come to the forum or read the website.

That's why I'm saying I want the option to be able to turn it of.  Per say not remove it entirely, but just to have a feature like we do with the audio to mute the F Key voices it would be like that but turning off the notifications for the news.  It wouldnt be removing it from the game.  Just for the person who doesn't want to see it like me and others.  It would give them the option to turn it off.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
6 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

That's why I'm saying I want the option to be able to turn it of.  Per say not remove it entirely, but just to have a feature like we do with the audio to mute the F Key voices it would be like that but turning off the notifications for the news.  It wouldnt be removing it from the game.  Just for the person who doesn't want to see it like me and others.  It would give them the option to turn it off.

Why not the 1 to the left too? By the port.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
Just now, w4spl3g said:

Why not the 1 to the left too? By the port.

I think that one is bugged it's stuck for me.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
1 minute ago, torpsRus said:

I think that one is bugged it's stuck for me.

Same.

Members
9,983 posts

They've managed to make a complete mess of port with all those added windows. I remember the days when the port would load in 5 secs....now it's more like 30.

+1, but they'll never fix it, because the vast majority of players won't go to the web page or come here.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

They've managed to make a complete mess of port with all those added windows. I remember the days when the port would load in 5 secs....now it's more like 30.

+1, but they'll never fix it, because the vast majority of players won't go to the web page or come here.

Right lol I miss those days.

[PVE]
Members
9,801 posts
7,485 battles
25 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

If WG did that it would be ok, but I would rather it bug the casual players who never read the WoWs page.