Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

My first game in the Indy

15 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,240 posts
8,874 battles

I sort of got left high and dry by the team but I got two before they got me!

shot-18_07_13_11_13.48-0606.jpg.daa87572185fd44cae52f4f8fcdc27e6.jpg

It's only one game but thus far I think I like the Indy. It plays sort of like a tier VII Baltimore. I think that if I get in a game where it is high tier it might shine.

[-K-]
Members
5,251 posts
9,096 battles

Indy is a tricky ship, and serviceable at best.  Most don't seem to like her, but I find she plays just like a Pensacola with radar.  If you can make Pepsi work, Indy shouldn't be any problem for you.

[KTFO]
Members
16 posts
5,019 battles

I have been waiting to hear if it is comparable to the Penn.  Thanks for the info

[PSP]
Members
6,240 posts
8,874 battles

I like the long range, and she seem capable of citadelling cruisers at max range too. Haven't seen a plane attack yet but I have her sped'd for AA so I'm looking forward to it. Right now, I really like the ship. Now if I could only get on a winning team.

shot-18_07_13_11_13.48-0606.thumb.jpg.8f4ae5f1c8adf4611eab425c6de82464.jpg

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
1,154 posts
6,917 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I like the long range, and she seem capable of citadelling cruisers at max range too. Haven't seen a plane attack yet but I have her sped'd for AA so I'm looking forward to it. Right now, I really like the ship. Now if I could only get on a winning team.

Something to keep note of, is you can over match a lot of cruisers noses with AP with the Indy(and other 203mm guns).  especially RN CLs.  A lot of them will think going nose in is safe, then you hit them for a few cits.  i love hunting down fijis and belfasts when i can.  Those are the few ships the indy can counter pretty well. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles
17 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I have her sped'd for AA so I'm looking forward to it.

You will not be disappointed.  I completed the "Shoot down 30 aircraft" mission in the series with Indianapolis. 

In a single match.  It was fun.

-R

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Congrats on the New Ship..... I found it a Good Ship with its Flaws and All.

It will do what you need it to do and sometimes exceed your expectations.

Play Smart with her she likes to live on the Edge of that Razor.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,834 posts
4,724 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

I sort of got left high and dry by the team but I got two before they got me!

shot-18_07_13_11_13.48-0606.jpg.daa87572185fd44cae52f4f8fcdc27e6.jpg

It's only one game but thus far I think I like the Indy. It plays sort of like a tier VII Baltimore. I think that if I get in a game where it is high tier it might shine.

Play indy like a weaker Des and you'll have a fun time. I've grown to really like it as of late.

[PSP]
Members
6,240 posts
8,874 battles

I really like this ship! Many times, after playing the "free" Premiums, I've finally sold them as they just didn't fit my play style. The Indy and I meshed from the start. It's a keeper!

ia.jpg.ee45b45e6b7586c1a8a00b86fb4ec413.jpg

Pros:

Has the range of many BBs at tier VII and below.

Can citadel cruisers like nobody's business.

Plans, schmanes, who fears planes?

Is reasonably stealthy at less than 11 km.

Has the radar range of a Des Moines, at tier VII!

Has a reasonably good rate of fire.

203 mm rounds pack a punch.

Cons:

Is a bit squishy but everything else cruiser-wise at that tier is too. Angled, however, I was able to bounce several Graf Spee AP shells at close range.

Edited by Snargfargle

[GWG]
Members
163 posts
3,518 battles

I've tried to like the Indy... I really have.

I picked it up when it was on sale when the found the wreck... unfortunately, that's about as much good as I can say about it. I just can't seem to get it together with this cruiser. So once the Indy missions are done (26k miles in the Indy... a free crate every three days as the reward), it will probably become a port queen to admire upon occasion.

Members
3,775 posts
14,010 battles

I saddled her up and played 2 Randoms with her last night. Didn't survive either one but did pretty good overall. (#4 in the 1st battle and #6 in the second) I did just as well with Indy as I ever did with New Orleans.

Engaging at long ranges seems to be the best way to play this bote, her guns are accurate enough to do that effectively. And her AA is pretty damn good.

I'm going to drive this bote more since I (hopefully) have learned how to do well with her.

Edited by ReddNekk

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
721 posts
11,930 battles

Congrats on the Double-Strike! I have only played 25 battles in the Indy since winning it last week, but I have been having fun with it and have been able to consistently do decent damage over the course of the game.

Respects,

Am

[ARGSY]
Members
1,285 posts
8,960 battles

Happy to be a part of getting you an Indy win.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,834 posts
4,724 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

She isn't really decent at AA sadly. I was fully specced for AA and a Shokaku curb stomped me with little effort and lost two planes...whilst DFAA was up. 

Sign in to follow this