Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
firemedic1428

Question about Kii (Kobayashi camo in particular)

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

134
[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles

As I'm leveling my IJN BB line, I would like a good training prem. I'm looking at the Kii, as I really don't want a 6 (Mutsu), maybe the 7(Ashitaka esp with the upcoming AP buff) but I like tier  8s.

Question, as I don't own any of the Kobayashi camo ships, can I buy the Kii and is the camo available for purchase with doubloons in game, or is it only part of a package?

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
372
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
5 minutes ago, firemedic1428 said:

As I'm leveling my IJN BB line, I would like a good training prem. I'm looking at the Kii, as I really don't want a 6 (Mutsu), maybe the 7(Ashitaka esp with the upcoming AP buff) but I like tier  8s.

Question, as I don't own any of the Kobayashi camo ships, can I buy the Kii and is the camo available for purchase with doubloons in game, or is it only part of a package?

 

Thanks.

I can't really answer the question because when I bought the Kii I got it with the camo, IIRC, it was supposed to be some exclusive thing so I doubt it but I can't confirm it. I can say it's a much better ship than the [edited] Mutsu is (I have both).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
372
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
17 minutes ago, firemedic1428 said:

As I'm leveling my IJN BB line, I would like a good training prem. I'm looking at the Kii, as I really don't want a 6 (Mutsu), maybe the 7(Ashitaka esp with the upcoming AP buff) but I like tier  8s.

Question, as I don't own any of the Kobayashi camo ships, can I buy the Kii and is the camo available for purchase with doubloons in game, or is it only part of a package?

 

Thanks.

I forgot something, if I were you and I had none, I'd get the Musashi instead. I'm not sure i fyou can still get the HSF camo for it but if you can its identical in bonuses to the Kobayashi one, it's a higher tier, has better guns but no AA. Both can print credits and be used as a trainer. I don't have a Yamato but of my IJN BBs I play the Musashi the most.

 

EDIT: THey do have very different play styles. Kii is much more agile and is more run and gun firing over your shoulder. Musashi is find a good camping spot and rail crapfrom range.

Edited by w4spl3g
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,883
[HINON]
Supertester
19,220 posts
12,740 battles

The Kobayashi camouflage is not for sale for doubloons in the store; only available through premium shop bundles.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
134
[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles
Just now, Lert said:

The Kobayashi camouflage is not for sale for doubloons in the store; only available through premium shop bundles.

Thanks Lert. I do have a crap ton of locked XP, maybe Ill just spend the money for the Kii on doubloons and convert to Free XP, should be plenty for the Mushashi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,883
[HINON]
Supertester
19,220 posts
12,740 battles

Musashi is a powerhouse. It's the closest thing to driving a sledgehammer.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles

If you are on the fence about Kii (the only other premium Japanese battlehsip I would recommend other than Musashi) you can always try Amagi, they play similarly. Kii is a very good ship, you can't go wrong with her, but Musashi could possibly be a better choice. Whichever one you prefer more. Musashi would be good for training your Yamato captain, Kii would be better for Fuso/Nagato/Amagi (maybe Izumo) captains since they play similarly. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
185
[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
852 posts
4,827 battles
38 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

I forgot something, if I were you and I had none, I'd get the Musashi instead. I'm not sure i fyou can still get the HSF camo for it but if you can its identical in bonuses to the Kobayashi one, it's a higher tier, has better guns but no AA. Both can print credits and be used as a trainer. I don't have a Yamato but of my IJN BBs I play the Musashi the most.

 

EDIT: THey do have very different play styles. Kii is much more agile and is more run and gun firing over your shoulder. Musashi is find a good camping spot and rail crapfrom range.

Do you think the $25 price tag is worth it just for 50% captain training over it's standard premium camo that it comes with? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
372
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
2 minutes ago, Mainerd said:

Do you think the $25 price tag is worth it just for 50% captain training over it's standard premium camo that it comes with? 

Not now, because I have a Musashi and I got the HSF camo which does the same thing for free. At the time it seemed appealing but I admit I very rarely play it. It looks good though, much better than the Roma one.

EDIT: Also there were many more CVs in the queue then and an IJN BB with good AA was also appealing.

Edited by w4spl3g

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,108
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,944 posts
7,518 battles

Kii is quite the nice ship. Her "extra" premium camo was/is only available through premium shop bundles. The ship, however, is worth it, all by itself. I also like Mutsu and Ashitaka, but I don't like Musashi. I like a turret that traverses in less than a century. Lol.(Spoiler, I also don't like Warspite, which I know puts me on LWM's hit list. :D )

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
422
[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,672 posts
3,824 battles
1 hour ago, w4spl3g said:

I forgot something, if I were you and I had none, I'd get the Musashi instead. I'm not sure i fyou can still get the HSF camo for it but if you can its identical in bonuses to the Kobayashi one, it's a higher tier, has better guns but no AA. Both can print credits and be used as a trainer. I don't have a Yamato but of my IJN BBs I play the Musashi the most.

 

EDIT: THey do have very different play styles. Kii is much more agile and is more run and gun firing over your shoulder. Musashi is find a good camping spot and rail crapfrom range.

The Musashi with the HSF camo makes her the best captain trainer for the ijn.

The Kobayashi camo is basically the same as any of the tier 10 premium camo in its bonuses.

 

The HSF musashi offers 50%+ commander xp on top of its tier 9 camo bonuses.

 

And afaik, you can still buy the HSF camo for the Musashi.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
372
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
6 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

The Musashi with the HSF camo makes her the best captain trainer for the ijn.

The Kobayashi camo is basically the same as any of the tier 10 premium camo in its bonuses.

 

The HSF musashi offers 50%+ commander xp on top of its tier 9 camo bonuses.

 

And afaik, you can still buy the HSF camo for the Musashi.

Yep, you're right. These are from my port.

cCuxWNT.pngGNlxmfN.png

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×