Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

26 comments in this topic

[F4E]
Members
21 posts
12,835 battles

The in game ensigns for Pan Asian, Commonwealth and the up coming Pan American (I assume) are just symbols with no historic meaning. They are fine for organizing the incumbent ships in the tech tree and premium shop but do not fit on the ships when in play. Please consider updating the in game ships with the current naval ensign, on the rear of the ship, by replacing the likes of the commonwealth flag with the corresponding national ensign. For example, Australia would become   27410.png , Canada   Canadian Naval Ensignand New Zealand  White Ensign.       The same could be done for the others. While this would have no effect on game play it would be very respectful to those nations, and as every other ship in the game fly's a national ensign, even the single ship Polish navy (who coincidentally served with the Royal Navy as did commonwealth ships) it would only be fair.

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

There is no Rising Sun Flag (which is in current use) nor is there a Nazi Flag(obvious reasons). Nothing is fair. I am also a hypocrite.

Edited by Vangm94

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles

I had asked for something similar (the current Canadian Maple leaf flag for the Haida) in this thread a few days ago.  I support your request.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,351 battles

I guess the problem with these flags is that they were all introduced after the time periods the game is set in.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,827 battles
21 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

There is no Rising Sun Flag (which is in current use) nor is there a Nazi Flag(obvious reasons). Nothing is fair. I am also a hypocrite.

I can't remember if there is a hammer and sickle flag in game but if there is that would be pretty hypocritical. When it came to killing, Stalin made Hitler look like an amateur. 

• Cool 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
1 minute ago, Belthorian said:

I can't remember if there is a hammer and sickle flag in game but if there is that would be pretty hypocritical. When it came to killing, Stalin made Hitler look like an amateur. 

Can't say you are wrong.

[TDRB]
Members
1,079 posts
4,141 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

Chairman Mao was even worse but we are taught Hitler was evil in human form and excuse the others. Maybe it was because the Nazis targeted by race where all the others murdered more randomly.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,827 battles
2 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Chairman Mao was even worse but we are taught Hitler was evil in human form and excuse the others. Maybe it was because the Nazis targeted by race where all the others murdered more randomly.

What is funny is that under Stalin Jews were targeted for extermination, they were purged from all positions of power within the government, but nobody ever talks about that because good ole Uncle Joe was an "ally".

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Be Careful what you ask.... They can change all the flags to Anime Fantasy or Put the game in an other dimension with total make believe flags. The Modders have done it already.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,827 battles
41 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

My cat Casey is an unapologetic communist. I ask him all the time who is the greatest leader of all time. It is the same answer every time Maaaaaoooooo.

• Funny 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,023 posts
3,520 battles
2 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

German Navy never flown the Nazi Flag though. The flag used in game is historically accurate to what they flown.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
6 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

German Navy never flown the Nazi Flag though. The flag used in game is historically accurate to what they flown.

idk :cap_like: But generally any negative icon is removed (i.e. Rising Sun)

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
422 posts
12,965 battles
8 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

My cat Casey is an unapologetic communist. I ask him all the time who is the greatest leader of all time. It is the same answer every time Maaaaaoooooo.

FYI, the Chinese word for "cat" is "mao."

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,827 battles
2 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

FYI, the Chinese word for "cat" is "mao."

So maybe he is not a communist after all and has been trying to tell me he is from China all along lol.

Modder
1,091 posts
15 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

No, no it isn't. The Kriegsmarine War Ensign was adopted in 1938 and went out of use in 1945. It was the ensign of Nazi Germany's navy, therefore it was a Nazi flag. The flag used ingame is a censored version of that ensign, it is absolutely not historically accurate.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
17 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

NNZEwrp.jpg

kyeTzNz.jpg

MTCtgmQ.jpg

xq5KYij.jpg

All Flew the Swastika

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,399 posts
2,387 battles
2 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

There is a Rising Sun flag -- in Aslain's modpack.   All my IJN ships fly it. 

If there is one I think I would not fly the swastika because the Kriegsmarine itself apparently resisted flying it.

Yes on the Commonwealth and Pan Asian national flags.

Edited by iDuckman

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,827 battles
26 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

NNZEwrp.jpg

kyeTzNz.jpg

MTCtgmQ.jpg

xq5KYij.jpg

All Flew the Swastika

It is off topic but I was in the pest management field for over a decade. Once I was walking up the sidewalk to the front door of a house and in the concrete there were little Swastikas in each corner of each block. I was expecting some dude to answer the door and say white power but it was an Indian family, for them the Swastika is a good luck symbol.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
8 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

It is off topic but I was in the pest management field for over a decade. Once I was walking up the sidewalk to the front door of a house and in the concrete there were little Swastikas in each corner of each block. I was expecting some dude to answer the door and say white power but it was an Indian family, for them the Swastika is a good luck symbol.

Icons,symbols, etc. in my opinion are independent of the culture. One culture will like it, another will burn it.

Edited by Vangm94

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
5 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Although The Nazi Party Used this Symbol to represent them and their beliefs, It has been a symbol used for centuries before them by a large number of Peoples. 

It was used by some American Indian Tribes and this symbol can be found around the world in ancient Carvings. 

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,827 battles
4 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Although The Nazi Party Used this Symbol to represent them and their beliefs, It has been a symbol used for centuries before them by a large number of Peoples. 

It was used by some American Indian Tribes and this symbol can be found around the world in ancient Carvings. 

The fact so many different people used it makes me believe that ancient peoples had far more contact with one another than we are told in the history books.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,399 posts
2,387 battles
3 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

for them the Swastika is a good luck symbol.

Yes, it's also commonly used in the East in that way, though often (and with Native Americans) the arms are reversed. 

The Buddhist swastika, or manji, signifies "well being" or "life".  In the epic manga Blade of the Immortal, the central character (the "immortal") is named "Manji".  (He wears one on his back so the Western publisher feels compelled to print an explanation on the inside of every cover.)  There is an ironic meaning, too, in that a manji also signifies "good luck".  For Manji it is anything but that.

OTOH, flown over a Nazi war machine, it cannot be interpreted as representing "life".

[TDRB]
Members
1,079 posts
4,141 battles
16 hours ago, Belthorian said:

The cats I've had were all anarchist and only thought of themselves. everything they said started with "me' such as meow.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,887 battles
16 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

While the flag is historically right,you are wrong about the swastika. The flag they use ingame was replaced 1935 by one with a swastika. I‘m not at home, but I think Showell mentioned it in Hitlers Navy, that one of the light cruisers showed by accident the flag they have ingame when they launched her. 

For the rest: derailing the topic to the swastika will only lead to a lock. We had this topic now many times. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,887 battles
38 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

The cats I've had were all anarchist and only thought of themselves. everything they said started with "me' such as meow.

Nope, they prefer law and order. They are boss, you are the tincan opener. This is the law of the claw. Cats is the only think even my husky respects after a bloody nose.

Sign in to follow this