You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fog_Cruiser_Nurnberg

Console warships not going to have Friendly Fire

66 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
97 posts
4,561 battles

https://wowslegends.com/forums/topic/88-friendly-fire-and-why-we-dont-have-it/
So as the title states, the console version of world of warships is going to have Friendly fire completely turned off. This is going to be interesting to see how it affects the game.

Maybe a testing to see if the PC version could do the same. Anyone here have any thoughts on if this should come to the PC version? (I vote no but that's just me) As per usual, and lease keep it civil.

• Cool 1

[MKF]
Members
410 posts
15,125 battles
13 minutes ago, Fog_Cruiser_Nurnberg said:

https://wowslegends.com/forums/topic/88-friendly-fire-and-why-we-dont-have-it/
So as the title states, the console version of world of warships is going to have Friendly fire completely turned off. This is going to be interesting to see how it affects the game.

Maybe a testing to see if the PC version could do the same. Anyone here have any thoughts on if this should come to the PC version? (I vote no but that's just me) As per usual, and lease keep it civil.

I hope not. The game doesn't need to be dumbed down further.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles

Good. Maybe after players see how it utterly doesn't negatively affect the game, they'll be more open to accepting friendly fire being turned off in the PC version.

Which would, then, facilitate merging the versions so we don't have a fractured playerbase with two separate server clusters and the game might actually grow.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 3

Members
1,640 posts
7,479 battles
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Good. Maybe after players see how it utterly doesn't negatively affect the game, they'll be more open to accepting friendly fire being turned off in the PC version.

Hear Hear!

1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Which would, then, facilitate merging the versions so we don't have a fractured playerbase with two separate server clusters and the game might actually grow.

Never gunna happen, not in the slightest.

Members
2,129 posts

Been testing out the new TK system past 2 days. Just amazing how many terrible DD's have come out. 2 Days ago I go wide of cap to torp narrow open... Out of no where, DD comes flying right out to the other side around the land... Into a cruisers face where my torps were heading... Blocked all my torps and exploded. Lost almost all my life. *Just shaking my head* Got warning then TK from the 2nd set landing on him. So I had 8 games of being pink. Just finished being pink today.

A few other things happened when I was pink. Guy rammed me yesterday. I got no extra pink battles added. Then today had another terrible DD block my 2 torp spread. Driving strait side ways to a BB... Came right into my torps a good 2km from where he popped out of his smoke. 1 hit him... Lost 15k HP... No added pink battles. 

So from that 3 day test... The new TK system is a lot better. I didn't get to see what happens when you pass the warning a second time with a TK. I stopped playing lol. So if the cycle is the same... I have no problem with it. 

Edited by MorbidGamer
  • Bad 5

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles

Having a separate version for console and PC is one of the stupidest ideas I have ever heard. The point of putting it on console is to get a bigger player base, not fracture the player base. When I was playing War Thunder and the console version came out, it was a very good thing. The server population jumped and the games were better in my opinion.

Members
1,788 posts
5,664 battles

Consoles have limited ability's that might be why it is turned off. Second the console version is aimed at a much younger population. Do not want all the 10 year old's sinking each other for fun!!!!!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BNKR]
Members
418 posts
2,506 battles

This is based off their experience with World of Tanks, which did have friendly fire at first on console. Took about a day and a half to realize that was a mistake. :Smile_teethhappy:  They then had it so that you could only HE damage yourself -- then arty players would park in front of a wall or rock and suicide. So they turned that off as well.

Shorter: Console kids can't be trusted.

It doesn't have any impact on the gameplay, tbh. 

Oh, and there won't be any console/PC sharing of a server any time soon, either. They will be distinctly different games. 

[LOU1]
Members
3,061 posts
8,148 battles

I like it being turned on because it helps prevent things like DDs sitting outside of detection range spamming torps into a cap. Without FF, a DD can fire torps on every reload in whatever direction they think might get results. The CVs will love it if FF is turned off for their TBs.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
757 posts
63 battles

I want WG to turn FF fire and flooding back on to be honest. :cap_popcorn:

[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,935 battles
1 hour ago, MorbidGamer said:

Been testing out the new TK system past 2 days. Just amazing how many terrible DD's have come out. 2 Days ago I go wide of cap to torp narrow open... Out of no where, DD comes flying right out to the other side around the land... Into a cruisers face where my torps were heading... Blocked all my torps and exploded. Lost almost all my life. *Just shaking my head* Got warning then TK from the 2nd set landing on him. So I had 8 games of being pink. Just finished being pink today.

A few other things happened when I was pink. Guy rammed me yesterday. I got no extra pink battles added. Then today had another terrible DD block my 2 torp spread. Driving strait side ways to a BB... Came right into my torps a good 2km from where he popped out of his smoke. 1 hit him... Lost 15k HP... No added pink battles. 

So from that 3 day test... The new TK system is a lot better. I didn't get to see what happens when you pass the warning a second time with a TK. I stopped playing lol. So if the cycle is the same... I have no problem with it. 

Ships don’t come “out of nowhere”. They are there, you just aren’t looking for them. Use the minimap AND free look before you shoot. Friendly Fire is 100% on the shooter to prevent. 

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

Members
2,129 posts
4 minutes ago, Thornir said:

Ships don’t come “out of nowhere”. They are there, you just aren’t looking for them. Use the minimap AND free look before you shoot. Friendly Fire is 100% on the shooter to prevent. 

UM YES! I don't have an ultra wide monitor or 4K res. WHY would a DD come around the land mass in the cap and go full speed 4km away from a red cruiser? Mini map only shows 2D, no speed, only position. I launched Torps over 30 seconds before the DD even came into the cap. So please spare me the non-sense. DD was on a suicide mission. Stop speculating.

Edited by MorbidGamer
  • Bad 3

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles
51 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

Don't victim-blame, you are 100% responsible for what you shoot and the actions of others have absolutely no relevance. This is completely and entirely your fault.

If you can't tell, this is sarcasm, but that's how the people who claim they need teamkilling to exist will frame your post.

Frankly I'm of the mind that the only people who defend team damage are the people who abuse their teammates with it.

• Bad 1

Members
2,129 posts
5 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Don't victim-blame, you are 100% responsible for what you shoot and the actions of others have absolutely no relevance. This is completely and entirely your fault.

If you can't tell, this is sarcasm, but that's how the people who claim they need teamkilling to exist will frame your post.

Frankly I'm of the mind that the only people who defend team damage are the people who abuse their teammates with it.

Like I said, I don't have any problem with the new Tk system. I have no control over someone who blatantly runs into my torps. How many DD's do you see charge a cruiser? Maybe 1 in 100. So I'm supposed to mind read every action my team does while also having to fight reds. :Smile_teethhappy:

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles
1 minute ago, MorbidGamer said:

Like I said, I don't have any problem with the new Tk system. I have no control over someone who blatantly runs into my torps. How many DD's do you see charge a cruiser? Maybe 1 in 100. So I'm supposed to mind read every action my team does while also having to fight reds. :Smile_teethhappy:

Frankly I think team damage brings nothing positive to the game, and serves only to harm the community by forcing this kind of "blame game" garbage to take place.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
2,129 posts
Just now, KiyoSenkan said:

Frankly I think team damage brings nothing positive to the game, and serves only to harm the community by forcing this kind of "blame game" garbage to take place.

Meh, like I said I don't care I played my 8 pink games and got over it. I don't dwell on past games. That's how you turn grey and lose hair. Simply stating that the NEW TK system is a lot more fair. It doesn't over punish like the old one. I would prb have 18 or more pink games.

[HRVAT]
Members
300 posts
6,124 battles
55 minutes ago, MajorEnglush said:

This is based off their experience with World of Tanks, which did have friendly fire at first on console. Took about a day and a half to realize that was a mistake. :Smile_teethhappy:  They then had it so that you could only HE damage yourself -- then arty players would park in front of a wall or rock and suicide. So they turned that off as well.

Shorter: Console kids can't be trusted.

It doesn't have any impact on the gameplay, tbh. 

Oh, and there won't be any console/PC sharing of a server any time soon, either. They will be distinctly different games. 

My daughters have PS4 --- I see behavior like this in the games they play.
COnsole is MUCH more immature. If you think any PC game is toxic , try some console games.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
5 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

3 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Both true. I have no issues playing with it, it's just annoying, however it serves no purpose but trolling and divisiveness. That it's already in the game in other modes and apparently on other platforms too there is no reason it shouldn't be disabled here as well.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles
3 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

Meh, like I said I don't care I played my 8 pink games and got over it. I don't dwell on past games. That's how you turn grey and lose hair. Simply stating that the NEW TK system is a lot more fair. It doesn't over punish like the old one. I would prb have 18 or more pink games.

Yeah I have no problem with it. I've only been pink twice in 3 years. But I do think it's unnecessary and causes an excessive amount of strife by existing, which could easily be solved by just...removing team damage.

I mean we even have a proof of concept that it won't destroy the game, as opponents claim it will.

[TDRB]
Members
1,116 posts
4,244 battles

For the good of the game friendly fire should stay.

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
6,477 battles

There’s only one true console warships.

Accept no alternative.

• Cool 3

Members
2,129 posts
5 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Yeah I have no problem with it. I've only been pink twice in 3 years. But I do think it's unnecessary and causes an excessive amount of strife by existing, which could easily be solved by just...removing team damage.

I mean we even have a proof of concept that it won't destroy the game, as opponents claim it will.

I think I turned pink maybe 15 times in my 7800 or so games. Turned pink 2 times this week. Been a bad week for playing with torps.

Sure no damage would be great. But it would also affect the game. People wouldn't be able to use red ships as blockades from known DD locations. 

Edited by MorbidGamer

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
22 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

I like team damage and I certainly do not damage anyone with it. 

I'm old school. All games had FF. I have always played any game that had the option for FF on, with it on.

Better players, less spam (grenades/noobtubes). 

Might not be your experience but it has certainly been fine in mine. I don't see the horrible games people claim here all the time either, but I'm not a perpetual motion salt factory either....

YMMV and I personally like FF in games. 

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Seems reasonable to turn it off for console. Console controls are clunky compared to PC, which is why there's always aim assist in console shooters.

• Cool 2