You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronShibby

Asashio - When the green team is RedTeam® ('How to make sure your team loses')

66 comments in this topic

[NSWO]
Members
58 posts
3,468 battles

Short version: Tier 10 random battle; i'm playing Asashio and a Shimakaze wants me to Cap B and when I don't, he spends the next few minutes ramming the Asashio, disrupting the whole team, and flaming me in chat. Then we lose.

As many of you know by now, Tier 8 cruisers and various ships have radar. Tier 9 and 10 certainly do. So it isn't wise to rush into the centre cap in an IJN destroyer and park where the whole world can see and melt you in 10 seconds. The cap itself isn't going anywhere, and once you have numerical advantage you can take it. But, you won't need to since they all dead. 

As you may also know, the Asashio is a challenging ship to play at all times and requires a 'special' style of play which only gets more demanding in an up-tier match, ie, there's a bunch of Tier 9 and 10 running around when Asashio is Tier 8. In this particular match I also get criticized for sinking a battleship - my job - and rammed by a particular idiot (I won't name). This idiot began to get flamed by our own team for his stupidity until I turned off chat altogether.

Then I got radar'd and died yay :-) 

Photos attached, but for brevity here's the chat:

(Tool):asashio....should be called an albatroz

(Tool):asaashio wth

(Tool):Attention to Square E4

(Tool):Attention to Square D4 

(Another Tool): I say sink him

(Tool): i will

(Green Team1): Asahio can't take on other dd's = bad idea to send him into cap

(Another Tool): hen get targets i'll go in

(Tool): look at him

(Green Team2): [edited]HAS BB TORPS ONLY

(Tool): the shitter could at leastr spot

(Green Team1): and so could you - instead you tried to ram him & got beached 

(Yes he really did try to ram me. All the same I was able to get clear and snap off two volleys at long range against battleships near C and got 2 hits, but it should have been more)

(Tool): still have a cap

(I got a kill on a Montana at this time, there was only 3 bb's in this match on each team.)

(Tool): he hits a torp on a bb that was 5v1 and dead

(Green Team1):  stop [edited] & fight

At this point I mute the chat channel. For the record, I can and did take on another dd hoo-rah. 

This is what a traitor looks like. Ramming it's own team instead of doing the job. My ability to fire torps downrange was impeded and that player should have been helping us win, not wanking about.

5b48b907d9e6a_Screenshot(193).thumb.png.e9bf23554af5efa96f6695d7316aa681.png

My battle ends radar'd and dead. It was nice to get a kill and some damage, but both myself and the entire team were distracted and crippled by that one player. It would be laborious to list the faults of that player but they made it impossible for us to win. 

5b48b8d488dbe_Screenshot(205).thumb.png.9e8c985a802cf02cf9da29e266077e6c.png

*FYI the Asashio no longer caps or spots because it can't. It kills battleships. 

Edited by IronShibby
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[HYDRO]
Members
1,585 posts
3,753 battles

Just because your torps can only hit BBs and CVs, doesn't mean you can't at least try it a bit for a cap. Asashio/Kagero has the best concealment at those tiers, this can be a very big advantage.

As for playstyle, my Kiev is best suited sitting 13km away from everyone and spamming molotov cocktails. It's not at all optimal going for caps, but sometimes you gotta do the dirty jobs in order for the team to win. 

That said, your Shima was a turd and he deserves a few reports.

• Cool 1

[BOATC]
Members
185 posts
3,247 battles

On Islands of Ice I typically go into B cap, and turn so that my bow is pointed to take cover behind the little island on the edge. You get radar'd, you scoot out, then you scoot back and cap on cooldown. You should always try to cap, always.

That said this Shima's behavior is dumb

Edited by tenfingerstentoes
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TDD]
Members
905 posts
7,942 battles

you are underestimating your own ship. Asashio is a hard ship to play. but it can do very well at all the things a DD is "supposed" to do.

(edited to remove remarks about the other DD driver that were uncalled for and spurious To that person my apologies)

Edited by nina_blain_73
  • Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
7 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Just because your torps can only hit BBs and CVs, doesn't mean you can't at least try it a bit for a cap. Asashio/Kagero has the best concealment at those tiers, this can be a very big advantage.

As for playstyle, my Kiev is best suited sitting 13km away from everyone and spamming molotov cocktails. It's not at all optimal going for caps, but sometimes you gotta do the dirty jobs in order for the team to win. 

That said, your Shima was a turd and he deserves a few reports.

• Capping negate your concealment because it says you are there. Asashio is a "special" ship to play because she can't do anything. When the player understands that she can't do much, that is when she can do a lot. With how I play all my DDs now, it is best to wait until the enemy exposes themselves. Once they do that, then the player can proceed with either capping or doing anything else.
  • I will use Asashio a lot as a example because she can't do much. Since she can't do much, any ship should and can do much better than her in a lot of different aspects
  • The OP is in the green and the Shimakaze is not. You are good OP
  • My tactics are in my signiature if you want an idea of how I play
Edited by Vangm94
  • Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
1,116 posts
4,244 battles

I'm surprised you did not know calling people morons, idiots, etc accented with colorful metaphors is constructive criticism, at least in in game chat.  Without seeing a replay we cannot make a reasonable determination about whether you could have capped the point or not, we only have your side. But in this game yoiu must choose what you think is best. Many people display their immature side in chat & in game.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
37 minutes ago, IronShibby said:

Short version: Tier 10 random battle; i'm playing Asashio and a Shimakaze wants me to Cap B and when I don't, he spends the next few minutes ramming the Asashio, disrupting the whole team, and flaming me in chat. Then we lose.

As many of you know by now, Tier 8 cruisers and various ships have radar. Tier 9 and 10 certainly do. So it isn't wise to rush into the centre cap in an IJN destroyer and park where the whole world can see and melt you in 10 seconds. The cap itself isn't going anywhere, and once you have numerical advantage you can take it. But, you won't need to since they all dead. 

As you may also know, the Asashio is a challenging ship to play at all times and requires a 'special' style of play which only gets more demanding in an up-tier match, ie, there's a bunch of Tier 9 and 10 running around when Asashio is Tier 8. In this particular match I also get criticized for sinking a battleship - my job - and rammed by a particular idiot (I won't name). This idiot began to get flamed by our own team for his stupidity until I turned off chat altogether.

(Yes he really did try to ram me. All the same I was able to get clear and snap off two volleys at long range against battleships near C and got 2 hits, but it should have been more)

(I got a kill on a Montana at this time, there was only 3 bb's in this match on each team.)

At this point I mute the chat channel. For the record, I can and did take on another dd hoo-rah. 

This is what a traitor looks like. Ramming it's own team instead of doing the job. My ability to fire torps downrange was impeded and that player should have been helping us win, not wanking about.

My battle ends radar'd and dead. It was nice to get a kill and some damage, but both myself and the entire team were distracted and crippled by that one player. It would be laborious to list the faults of that player but they made it impossible for us to win. 

*FYI the Asashio no longer caps or spots because it can't. It kills battleships. 

That Shima in the first picture is someone who posts here frequently. Expect the thread lock for name and shame. Hilarious though, and I've had idiots do craplike that to me too for not doing whatever they think I should in a DD. Turn the replay in to support with rough time codes for harassment.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
  • While I will call people :cap_viking:, I will only call them that. I will not take time to do anything else other than that. I will not tell the enemy of anyone's location, I will not "teamkill", I will not turn around to ram someone because they won't do what I say. I just call them or the team :cap_viking: instead and move on after I report everyone (unless a player can give me a reasonable explanation, then I give him two compliments in exchange for my one report)
  • Unfortunately for me, if my all of my battles are just that bad and I am just that salty about everything and for some reason I will not quit, I may do the one thing a CV player can do that no ship can do if and only if that battle is truly that bad

[POP]
Members
858 posts
9,828 battles

isn't the guy in the Shima famous??

Anyways, Asashio players are real prima donnas, (Shima players too) sometimes you just want to..
500full-barry-lyndon--------------------

I guess you just have to put up with them, cause they carry the nukes

5a7cbb39df545_waternuke.gif.430bb822fb8280e1ebaf771a34140f71.gif

(Asashio has a distinct game-play, takes time to get used to, soo do you cap? do you torp?)

Edited by Gerbertz

[HYDRO]
Members
1,585 posts
3,753 battles
12 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:
  • Capping negate your concealment because it says you are there. Asashio is a "special" ship to play because she can't do anything. When the player understands that she can't do much, that is when she can do a lot. With how I play all my DDs now, it is best to wait until the enemy exposes themselves. Once they do that, then the player can proceed with either capping or doing anything else.
  • I will use Asashio a lot as a example because she can't do much. Since she can't do much, any ship should and can do much better than her in a lot of different aspects
  • The OP is in the green and the Shimakaze is not. You are good OP
  • My tactics are in my signiature if you want an idea of how I play

Capping doesn't negate your concealment in such large maps. You can abuse your advantage to at least keep enemies lit up.

All Im saying anyway is that often in order to push the team towards the win you gotta step out of the comfort zone a specific playstyle affords you. 

• Bad 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Capping doesn't negate your concealment in such large maps. You can abuse your advantage to at least keep enemies lit up.

All Im saying anyway is that often in order to push the team towards the win you gotta step out of the comfort zone a specific playstyle affords you. 

• Asashio can cap, she just can't cap immediately
  • With how I see concealment:
    • You must never be spotted
    • You must do everything you can to not reveal your location, this includes capping
      • Once the enemy sees the cap being taken, they will radar
      • Once the enemy sees the cap being taken, depending on the lineup, something bigger than Asashio will enter the cap
    • You can use it to your advantage
      • Shoot once
      • Reveal your location
      • Entice the enemy to shoot
      • Dodge for 20 seconds
  • Asashio's comfort zone, much like all IJN DDs, is to never be caught by anything other than Battleships
    • Once they are caught, they are already dead
    • Being dead helps no one

Members
2,594 posts
12,485 battles

I'm never one to shy from my actions good or bad. Please tell the kind folks out here how you hid in D 4 the whole match. Your greatest strength in that ship is your detection, not your torps. had you used it we might not have been slaughtered in 7 minutes.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 9

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

The fight begins, whoever has a replay, post it.

Members
2,594 posts
12,485 battles
1 hour ago, IronShibby said:

The devil is in the details, check the time stamps of his pictures. Almost 6-7 minutes in the exact same spot.

Edited by Sweetsie
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[SBS]
Members
2,483 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, Sweetsie said:

I'm never one to shy from my actions good or bad. Please tell the kind folks out here how you hid in D 4 the whole match. Your greatest strength in that ship is your detection, not your torps. had you used it we might not have been slaughtered in 7 minutes.

I suppose trying to ram your teammate was a productive use of your ship?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[POP]
Members
858 posts
9,828 battles
Just now, Sweetsie said:

The devil is in the details, check the time stamps of his pictures. Almost 6-7 minutes in the exact same spot.

Son of a gun.!
1kxup2.jpg.d04e3e45ad047517cbd413b66c039775.jpg

[HYDRO]
Members
1,585 posts
3,753 battles
7 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Apologies for calling you a turd, and if you are one, a cute one at least.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
15 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I suppose trying to ram your teammate was a productive use of your ship?

^

We will make this easier. They are both at fault.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Members
2,594 posts
12,485 battles

The ship you are talking about does these two things as well as any in the game. It may not be a gun fighter... but you have to realize that the lower the detection you have the better spotting and capping abilities you have.

• Cool 2

[SBS]
Members
2,483 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, Sweetsie said:

The ship you are talking about does these two things as well as any in the game. It may not be a gun fighter... but you have to realize that the lower the detection you have the better spotting and capping abilities you have.

You're right, low detection, good for spotting other ships.  The flipside, not everyone has the skill and experience to play the cat and mouse style that is the detection, counter detection game.  The Shima has torps and better guns to fall back on, the Asashio doesn't.  That raises the skill floor in the detection game for the Asashio.  It excels at trolling BBs, so I don't blame people for playing that way, even if we may not like.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
5 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Going out of your way to ram a potato DD makes you just as bad (and useless), and more childish, than he is for camping/being useless. He can play his game, you can play yours, when you lose you move on. I've definitely yelled at people in teamchat for being stupid, but I've only gone out of my way to ram someone who was already trying to TK me so they would get the pink if I died from it *shrug*.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
Just now, w4spl3g said:

Going out of your way to ram a potato DD makes you just as bad (and useless), and more childish, than he is for camping/being useless. He can play his game, you can play yours, when you lose you move on. I've definitely yelled at people in teamchat for being stupid, but I've only gone out of my way to ram someone who was already trying to TK me so they would get the pink if I died from it *shrug*.

Both at fault

• One for doing nothing
  • One for doing nothing while one was doing nothing

The game is over. Forget it. Move on. No one is gonna agree to anything.

[SIM]
Members
2,542 posts
4,186 battles

Played badly, got called out on it, and decided to make a forum post to repair your damaged ego? C’mon pal, just get over it and try to do better next time. 

• Bad 3

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

So by this logic your game is over when the battleships are gone or on the other side of the map? 

[edited] this.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
1 minute ago, _ENO_ said:

So by this logic your game is over when the battleships are gone or on the other side of the map? 

[edited] this.

Player issue, it can't be helped.