You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LowSpeed_US

Is this a deal, or a deal? etc

16 comments in this topic

[NSEW]
Members
430 posts
8,271 battles

Hello fellow Warshippers,

Few things to cover.

Ever since I have started Warships. I have always struggled to get to maintain a comfortable amount of credits/coins. I'm fully aware, that some ships have a 'baked in' credit earning built in (which is great for WG to do for players, and should maintain it), such as; SIMS, Missouri. 

I generally play with higher tier of ships; meaning T7's and above, mostly at T9/T10's. 

A. What is your method of either maintaining a positive credit standing?

B. The "Doubloon Blowout 3" (Link: Doubloon blowout 3)  Is this the right time to maximise on the purchase? or is there better time/opportunity to maximise the money to better deal?  

(I'm thinking of buying the T10 permanent camo for the 50% repair cost reductions for my T10 ships in port. To help with question A)

Your suggestions, and methods will be appreciate it.

Best wishes,

LowSpeed_US

• Boring 1

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,081 battles
7 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

B. The "Doubloon Blowout 3" (Link: Doubloon blowout 3)  Is this the right time to maximise on the purchase? or is there better time/opportunity to maximise the money to better deal?  

(I'm thinking of buying the T10 permanent camo for the 50% repair cost reductions for my T10 ships in port. To help with question A)

A) Use the camos and flags you earn on your highest tier ships you do the best in. Doesn’t matter if they are premium or not. Just take your best ship preferably above tier 7 and slap on as much credit earning as you can. Without premium you should net a couple hundred thousand a game. With premium you can push into the upper 6 figures easily and with a good game into 7 figures. Pretty much if you are in high tiers just pick a day or 2 to grind out silver.

B) If you are wanting to buy something it is worth it. It’s not a bad deal considering you get 1k + 250 every $10 after. That means spend $10 get a $4 bonus. Every $10 after that it is a $1 bonus. 

If you are short on camos that benefit in credits, perma camo is nice. I have them on my tier 10’s because I play them a good bit and don’t want to worry about it.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,543 posts
7,577 battles

High tier economy is a struggle, and always has been.

One of the forumites here said it best a long time ago...  "High tier is your hobby, and Mid tier is your job. You have to work at your job to afford your hobby."

I usually play 6 or 7 mid tier battles to every one high tier, and always use credit and XP padding flags on my high tier ships..

• Cool 2

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,081 battles
3 minutes ago, OtterWolf said:

One of the forumites here said it best a long time ago...  "High tier is your hobby, and Mid tier is your job. You have to work at your job to afford your hobby."

I usually play 6 or 7 mid tier battles to every one high tier, and always use credit and XP padding flags on my high tier ships..

Do you remember how long ago that was? They made high tier economy profitable with the introduction of camos and the big flags which is a big reason why tier 8 MM sees so many tier 10’s.

[DRI-S]
[DRI-S]
Members
572 posts
16,758 battles

Are you playing mainly high tiers? Than its no brainer getting perma camo, since right now doublons are on special. All my T10 have it and they are pretty much premium ships, without you 95% loosing credits even with a win, so if you can effort it buy all mean go for it.

Cheers

Edited by pufek

[NSEW]
Members
430 posts
8,271 battles

Thank you both. I always mount credit flags when I do have them. Specially when playing T9 and higher. 

Mounting said flags is a no brainer with Premium ships (Sims, Atlanta, Missouri, etc).

In particular, I enjoyed reading that quote from another forumite; 

10 minutes ago, OtterWolf said:

"High tier is your hobby, and Mid tier is your job. You have to work at your job to afford your hobby."

That is another good angle to view it from. I'll keep that in mind.

Keep the suggestions rollin' & Thank you for posting.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,543 posts
7,577 battles
1 minute ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

Do you remember how long ago that was? They made high tier economy profitable with the introduction of camos and the big flags which is a big reason why tier 8 MM sees so many tier 10’s.

Hmm, I've been playing since Open Beta, which was 2015.. So, yeah it is better now, the special camos and flags certainly do help.  I'd have to look at the patch log to see when those came in, but it seems like less than a year ago.

I can remember a time when I would play a high tier game, and not even make enough to repair my ship... it would just sit there in port with "Undergoing Repairs" across the ship icon.

[NSEW]
Members
430 posts
8,271 battles
3 minutes ago, pufek said:

Are you playing mainly high tiers? Than its no brainer getting perma camo, since right now doublons are on special. All my T10 have it and they are pretty much premium ships, without you 95% loosing credits even with a win, so if you can effort it buy all mean go for it.

Cheers

Hi, Could you explain in further detail? 95% is quite large number with a win.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
43 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Few things to cover.

Ever since I have started Warships. I have always struggled to get to maintain a comfortable amount of credits/coins. I'm fully aware, that some ships have a 'baked in' credit earning built in (which is great for WG to do for players, and should maintain it), such as; SIMS, Missouri. 

I generally play with higher tier of ships; meaning T7's and above, mostly at T9/T10's. 

Your suggestions, and methods will be appreciate it.

Best wishes,

LowSpeed_US

• Play my best ship, play good in my best ship, play hard in my best ship, play above Tier VI
    • Ryujo, Fubuki, Richelieu, Asashio, Shimakaze
  • Mount your signals
  • Trying not to buy premium items....

Been here since CBT. While it can be sorta hard to save credits in this game, just remember. This is not WoT. I still have no credits in WoT to repair my Tier VI IJA Tank. In this game, I find it hard to not have credits. Just play your best on your best ship. Other than buying ships, I don't keep track of my credits.

Edited by Vangm94

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,698 posts
9,112 battles

1) Premium account

2) Permanent camo on tier 10's which with the premium account makes they credit positive in all but the worst matches.

3) Playing my premium ships regularly for the credits and for captain training and sometimes for the shear fun like taking my Mikasa into Co-op for some close ranged secondary fun.

4) Credit flags on premium ships which already have a bonus to them.

[PVE]
Members
9,908 posts
7,492 battles
9 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Thank you both. I always mount credit flags when I do have them. Specially when playing T9 and higher. 

Mounting said flags is a no brainer with Premium ships (Sims, Atlanta, Missouri, etc).

In particular, I enjoyed reading that quote from another forumite; 

That is another good angle to view it from. I'll keep that in mind.

Keep the suggestions rollin' & Thank you for posting.

12 minutes ago, pufek said:

Cheers

7 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Perma-camo was changed to add a 10% to 50% discount on service cost within the last year. All perma-camo up to T8 has a -10% discount. T9 has a -20% discount and T10 has a -50% discount. In the lower tiers, the discount isn't much, but in T10 it is 90,000 credits off of the service cost. 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Operating_Cost

Stack that with the -10% service discount signal flag and the -10% service discount clan building and you can get -70% off the service cost on a tier 10 saving 126,000 credits. I'm a potato and I can make T10 profitable with those and premium time even on pretty lousy battles.

As for how I keep profitable, I have a year of premium time, purchased at Christmas on discount when it gave me a lot of flags I needed. I have T10 perma-camo on my Des Moines, my only T10 right now. And our clan has all of the -10% service discount buildings, so I save 126k credits on the Des Moines service cost with the -10% service discount flag.

If you are buying something in the near future anyway, the doubloon bonus this weekend helps with extra doubloons for buying it this weekend instead. The lure of the Haida bundle with flags and a 10pt captain was too much, as I'm a ship hoarder collector and could not skip getting Haida. So my Haida purchase today will net me 2,000 doubloons on the 17th to go with the 3,000 doubloons in the Haida bundle.

There are rumors, as posted above, of a sale starting on the 16th. No details to these rumors, so who knows what it *might* entail.

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles

I had a good run, the Christmas before last, with the Santa boxes - and put a pretty good pile of premiums into my port, to go with the premium ships I'd cherry-picked along the way.

I really like playing a lot of them, and I have a number of premium ships that are in rotation with the ships I'm grinding.

Fujin, Tirpitz, MK, Scharn, Z39, Belfast, Sims, Gremy - outfitted with flags and played regularly - they add quite a few sheckles to the pot.

I only run premium consumables,  and like to play high-tier DDs often - so I make sure my premium account is current, and run appropriate flags, camos (I don't have any premium perma-camos, though), and signals - and even as a pretty middle-of-the-road player, I don't lose a lot of credits at T10.

Oh - and I have Miss - and run her with the 2016 Gamescon camo (+50% credits), India Bravo Terrathree (-10% to cost), Zulu (+20% credits) and the Wyvern signal (+50% credits).  Even a crappy match earns near a million credits, and a great match yields 1.75m to 2m - I really haven't had to worry about my credit bank since I put her in port.

Members
396 posts
6,338 battles

I have a few ships I really enjoy that are optimized with premium camo and 19 pt captain, I stack up flags on this small number of ships that I play often and they basically fund the rest of my fleet.  Worst thing that can happen is buying a premium ship or a premium camo and then not play the ship much.

As for the best way to earn credits, my experience is that it is with either a premium ship like Missouri, Kronstadt, Musashi or a T10 with premium camo you will play every day.

I made over 40million credits just playing ranked last ranked season

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,081 battles
1 hour ago, OtterWolf said:

9/27/16 update 0.5.12 was the standardizing service costs and increasing economy for support

11/9/16 update 0.5.14 added permanent camp for tier 10 with -50% service costs and +20% credits

5/17/17 update 0.6.5 added special signals

All of these changes have been made to allow people to play tier 10 without loss. There have been changes but this lists the major introductions.

[DRI-S]
[DRI-S]
Members
572 posts
16,758 battles
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:31 AM, LowSpeed_US said:

Lol I meant 95% loss..

Cheers

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:51 AM, LowSpeed_US said:

See the source image