You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Captain_in_Pyjamas

Clan battles how to start.

11 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
918 battles

Hi all. 

I am new to this clans business,  I have now joined a clan, but I don't know how. I sent requests to nearly every recommended clan, and then next time I logged in was already a member of one. Random assignment? 

Any way I tried to play a clan battle with a loan ship last night, but the interface says I need to be in a division!! How many more hoops do you have to jump through?? I've joined a clan, but now need to join a division in the clan?? The wows interface told me there are no divisions in the clan, so I don't see how this clan ever plays a game if they don't have any divisions. Seems very complicated. Plus I see some clans require a certain level of play and team talk etc? I have no idea what my clan requires, but I got a nasty message from someone in the clan warning me about something I don't understand? Seems like an unfriendly atmosphere. I've noticed at higher tiers normal non clan games some players can get quite nasty, but this clan thing seems to take it to whole new levels. It doesn't help that wargaming has made it so difficult to use this game mode.

Can someone explain how clan battles work, is there an easy way to try it? How do you get into a clan battle game? Or should I just ignore clans as it's some sort of asylum for overboard competitive types?

Thanks

• Funny 2

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,572 battles

My Clan uses Discord to communicate with a mike to talk to each other once set up  you load Discord on your computer the Clan will already have sent you a link to there Clan you click on there battle link then load the Wows game The Clan needs 7 players for battle the Clan  can see your connected to Discord and will send you a request to join the Clan division of 7 you click to join and now another box appears with the names of the players once you have 7 ready for battle the leader clicks the battle button as you do nothing and walla you all jump into the game .. it’s easier than my rambling description 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,448 posts
11,755 battles
23 minutes ago, Captain_in_Pyjamas said:

Hi all. 

I am new to this clans business,  I have now joined a clan, but I don't know how. I sent requests to nearly every recommended clan, and then next time I logged in was already a member of one. Random assignment? 

Any way I tried to play a clan battle with a loan ship last night, but the interface says I need to be in a division!! How many more hoops do you have to jump through?? I've joined a clan, but now need to join a division in the clan?? The wows interface told me there are no divisions in the clan, so I don't see how this clan ever plays a game if they don't have any divisions. Seems very complicated. Plus I see some clans require a certain level of play and team talk etc? I have no idea what my clan requires, but I got a nasty message from someone in the clan warning me about something I don't understand? Seems like an unfriendly atmosphere. I've noticed at higher tiers normal non clan games some players can get quite nasty, but this clan thing seems to take it to whole new levels. It doesn't help that wargaming has made it so difficult to use this game mode.

Can someone explain how clan battles work, is there an easy way to try it? How do you get into a clan battle game? Or should I just ignore clans as it's some sort of asylum for overboard competitive types?

Thanks

Clan battles are Wed, thur, sat and Sunday.

They start at 430 per.

An officer of the clan can invite 6 other clan member to a division to fight in clan battles.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,572 battles

One more thing .. I joined and left 2 Clans before I found ARRGG,who are nice people helpful and play often.. and no DRAMA...the first ones I joined did not play that much so I left ... I think there is like a 2 day waiting period from leaving to joining another Clan  .. 

[SF-3]
Members
1,531 posts
8,120 battles

Probably should have started off by asking about the process. Do you know how many people are in your clan? You need at least 7 man division to play clan wars, during the the set times. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,539 posts
7,540 battles
45 minutes ago, Captain_in_Pyjamas said:

Hi all. 

Thanks

First, you sent out a bunch of clan requests, and [WOKO] was the first one to accept.  So, that's how you got in. WG had nothing to do with it.

Clan Battles is not an open mode for all clan members... You can't just choose Clan Battles, and hit the button.

First, it has to be the designated time.

Second, a commander of your clan has to set up a clan battle division, and invite clan members to it.

Then you select your ship and wait for the commander to send you into battle.

Most clans communicate with one another using voice comms like Team Speak or Discord.  Some do  not.  If your clan does, be prepared to use it.

I would suggest sending a PM to your clan commander or deputy commander, and ask what the clans policy is for clan battles, so you understand it a little bit better..

"asylum for over competitive types" coudn't be farther from the truth... most clans are laid back social groups, you seem to be treating it like it's an extension of random battles, which it is not.

If you still get a negative response from your clan, find a new one.   But first, try contacting new clans and asking question before joining...

EDIT:  I just looked up your clan...  It seems they have played ZERO clan battles.  Contact your commander and ask them if they intend to play clan battles.

But, more than likely, you should find a different clan.

Edited by OtterWolf

[CAFE]
Members
1,396 posts
10,751 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_in_Pyjamas said:

Hi all. 

Thanks

I would probably start with the clan portal and look for a clan in Squall league that plays a lot of clan battles. Instead of just blind applying to these clans it would probably be best to apply and then PM some clan officer to talk about recruitment. 

https://clans.worldofwarships.com/clans/gateway/wows/clans-rating

Members
2 posts
918 battles

OK, thanks for the useful suggestions,  I think I need to change clans and get the relevant team speak set up. 

I'm hopeful with the right clan and team speak the play style will be more coordinated. 

[NOBS]
Members
536 posts
5,877 battles

I'm looking for clan #4, alot of clans don't do battles or can't get 7 people on to form a division or can't get anyone of importance to start the battle. My clan wars experience has been very poor so far too! Hard to believe that Ranked was better then clan, but it's true.  

[WOLF3]
Members
6,439 posts
2,405 battles
5 hours ago, Captain_in_Pyjamas said:

OK, thanks for the useful suggestions,  I think I need to change clans and get the relevant team speak set up. 

I'm hopeful with the right clan and team speak the play style will be more coordinated.

There's an entire Team Play forum here.  I suggest that you find it and broach the question there.  https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/265-team-play/

Among the features of that forum are recruiting posts from all clans looking for members.  Each should explain the philosophy of the clan so you will know who not to apply to.  (E.g. Wolves don't dance.)  And you might negotiate terms of enlistment.

Hint:  You want a clan that uses Discord (or Teamspeak) to do voice comms in battle.  Also to rag on new players...

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,572 battles
9 hours ago, Captain_in_Pyjamas said:

Before you get or setup teamspeak or Discord find out which one the Clan is using they are not compatible .. Discord which I use seems to be the most popular and is free, when you join a Clan check them out first to see how many battles the Clan does, my first Clan had 0  battles 

tell them you’ve never done a Clan battle and will need help with the process .. good luck and have fun