Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Psycodiver

Dang bourbon emptied my back account again

40 comments in this topic

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,556 posts
3,539 battles

This latest splurge in game is brought to you by Wild Turkey Rare Breed which caused me to rebuy the Iowa last night along with all her upgrades leaving me with only 5 million silver left and spent 500 doubloons retraining a captain with the wrong skills (now I have to respec him). I don't normally drink this stuff this heavily but for some reason I was thirsty

• Funny 3

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,401 battles

Better start drinking water tonight, or you're gonna be even thirstier in the morning to go along with the headache.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
16 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

This latest splurge in game is brought to you by Wild Turkey Rare Breed which caused me to rebuy the Iowa last night along with all her upgrades leaving me with only 5 million silver left and spent 500 doubloons retraining a captain with the wrong skills (now I have to respec him). I don't normally drink this stuff this heavily but for some reason I was thirsty

Members
4,547 posts
6,456 battles

Go easy on Wild Turkey or you may end up like Hunter Thompson....burnt out at 67. 

Edited by dmckay

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Sober for 33 years and I still Buy back Ships. 

Don't Blame Booze for your Cash flow problems it can't use a keyboard.

• Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,217 battles
25 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Don't Blame Booze for your Cash flow problems it can't use a keyboard.

It's not the booze; it's the players they pour it into.

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles
1 hour ago, Deviathan said:

Better start drinking water tonight, or you're gonna be even thirstier in the morning to go along with the headache.

Yeah and some black coffeee.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,556 posts
3,539 battles

This was last night, I don't normally drink to get drunk, those days are long gone. I just like a glass or 2 of nice liquor to unwind from the day because it's either that or Monster/NOS/Amp energy drinks (I lived on coffee in my younger days, energy drinks don't do much to me but they taste good)

Members
3,780 posts
14,033 battles
47 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah and some black coffeee.

Coffee doesn't sober you up. It just creates a wide awake drunk.

• Funny 2

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles
6 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Coffee doesn't sober you up. It just creates a wide awake drunk.

Lol I have never had first hand experience and never plan to. Most of what I know or at least think I know about the matter is from TV shows ranging from Myth Busters,Andy Griffith show, Hogan’s Heroes, I Love Lucy, Mchale’s Navy, Hogan’s Heroes, ect.  Lol fun thing is technically most of those shows are a little before my time, but I still enjoy them none the less. Play chess with some middle aged as well as senior gentleman in my chess club and they are impressed by the fact I actually enjoy those old shows. :Smile_Default:

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles

Skip the Wild Turkey, try a bottle of Fiery Flaming Leprechaun Irish Whiskey. It's infused with cinnamon...smooth, and outstanding.   

[LUCK]
Members
1,298 posts
19,563 battles
17 minutes ago, nagasakee said:

Fiery Flaming Leprechaun Irish Whiskey. It's infused with cinnamon...smooth, and outstanding.   

That's heresy in some places.

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles

You are confusing it with stout my friend  :cap_haloween:

3 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

That's heresy in some places.

See the source image

Edited by nagasakee

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,407 battles

Being a Kentuckian living on the Bourbon Trail I know a thing or 3 about bourbon. I rarely drink to excess but like you enjoy a glass of good bourbon from time to time. Get you bottle of 1792, very good & wont kill the bank account. If you like less oakey try Larceny. Those are the 2 I drink the most. I always keep a bottle of "Very Special" Evan Williams in the cupboard as well for special occasions. Thats their select brand & I have only seen it for sale at their distillery in Bardstown. 

Still I have never been so plowed that I bought the same ship twice :Smile_teethhappy:

[LUCK]
Members
1,298 posts
19,563 battles
1 hour ago, nagasakee said:

You are confusing it with stout my friend  :cap_haloween:

See the source image

Au contraire, I was well versed in Irish libations at an Ancient Order of Hibernians watering hole with my grandparents.

[SF-3]
Members
1,524 posts
8,114 battles

Eh, a lot worse could have happened in your drunken spending spree, you could have bought the Musashi!:Smile_hiding:

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles
21 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Au contraire, I was well versed in Irish libations at an Ancient Order of Hibernians watering hole with my grandparents.

• Funny 1

Members
3,780 posts
14,033 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol I have never had first hand experience and never plan to. Most of what I know or at least think I know about the matter is from TV shows ranging from Myth Busters,Andy Griffith show, Hogan’s Heroes, I Love Lucy, Mchale’s Navy, Hogan’s Heroes, ect.  Lol fun thing is technically most of those shows are a little before my time, but I still enjoy them none the less. Play chess with some middle aged as well as senior gentleman in my chess club and they are impressed by the fact I actually enjoy those old shows. :Smile_Default:

Ah yes, those and more were great shows! From back in the day when TV shows were entertainment, not politically correct garbage. I recently picked up "Get Smart, the complete first season" on DvD. I'd forgotten how hilarious that show is.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,379 posts
9,538 battles

You should not drink and ship...… or bake.

[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,364 battles
13 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

so what you are saying is you have a drinking problem,   step1. recognize you have a problem   step 2..  Fix it.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,556 posts
3,539 battles
1 hour ago, MizzenMast said:

Being a Kentuckian living on the Bourbon Trail I know a thing or 3 about bourbon. I rarely drink to excess but like you enjoy a glass of good bourbon from time to time. Get you bottle of 1792, very good & wont kill the bank account. If you like less oakey try Larceny. Those are the 2 I drink the most. I always keep a bottle of "Very Special" Evan Williams in the cupboard as well for special occasions. Thats their select brand & I have only seen it for sale at their distillery in Bardstown. 

Still I have never been so plowed that I bought the same ship twice :Smile_teethhappy:

I've had 1792 before,  it's good. The Rare Breed has a good oak flavor,  my only complaint is that the alcohol is over powering at 112 proof vs most bourbons being around 80-90 proof.

I'm also a tequila man, give me a good bottle and there is nothing better to sip on a hot summer day

Edited by Psycodiver

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,556 posts
3,539 battles
1 minute ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

so what you are saying is you have a drinking problem,   step1. recognize you have a problem   step 2..  Fix it.

I would hardly consider a glass or 2 a night or every other night a problem. Heck Energy Drinks are more of a problem for me, they ain't cheap

[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,364 battles
Just now, Psycodiver said:

I would hardly consider a glass or 2 a night or every other night a problem. Heck Energy Drinks are more of a problem for me, they ain't cheap

if it makes you  "drain your bank"   then it does  :P    tongue in cheek aside.

Members
1,866 posts
13 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Better to not even look at Warships when drinking.

Sign in to follow this