Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
cometguy

What can I do to help you, my teammate?

6 comments in this topic

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

So here's where I'm at: I'm a fan of German destroyers, and I like to contest caps. I'm finding ways to do that, despite all of the radar, and generally not losing a lot of health in the process. So lets assume that a friendly German destroyer just took the cap nearest you. What would you like for me to do next to help you kick [edited]and take names? I know it's fairly open ended, so feel free to share similar scenarios you've found yourself in, and what you wanted the destroyer to do.

[INTEL]
Members
803 posts
8,328 battles
4 minutes ago, cometguy said:

So here's where I'm at: I'm a fan of German destroyers, and I like to contest caps. I'm finding ways to do that, despite all of the radar, and generally not losing a lot of health in the process. So lets assume that a friendly German destroyer just took the cap nearest you. What would you like for me to do next to help you kick [edited]and take names? I know it's fairly open ended, so feel free to share similar scenarios you've found yourself in, and what you wanted the destroyer to do.

I would like you to not run off and hide while your Clanmate and Div mate has to face a big bad Musashi alllll alone in his Sharny..... :Smile_glasses:

• Funny 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
12 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

I would like you to not run off and hide while your Clanmate and Div mate has to face a big bad Musashi alllll alone in his Sharny..... :Smile_glasses:

Way ahead of you! I leave a man behind like no one else.

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,647 battles

do stuff...... lol best thing you can do is maintain vision for your mates and torp stuff which I am sure you are already doing your Hydro can come in very handy for those Brave BB that actually push so don't be afraid to use it even if your not pushing some DD's smoke and anytime you can get broadside to any CL /CA/or BB beat the pants off them with your AP

Edited by GuntherPrein

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,438 battles

There's a lot of options, just all scenario-dependent on what's going on with the teams' positioning, team compositions and the caps.  In general, if there's a lot of radar hanging around the area you're fighting in, staying alive and getting to where you can spot the enemy is the biggest help, along with being able to screen between me and the enemy if there's an enemy DD lurking around somewhere (close enough to us to be supported if you get spotted or spot something else, not so close to them that you'll get blapped if you do get spotted).  There will be games where you're keeping things spotted but your team apparently isn't shooting any of it, but if you want the radars dead then a good way to get rid of them is to bait them into coming after you and opening themselves up, or playing in that range between detection and radar range so you're spotting them for your team to shoot.

If there's not a lot of radars or they're not in an effective position on the map to counter you, then it's pretty straightforward, go nuts on caps and enemy DDs, smoke up and shoot stuff, torp it, whatever.  I'm much better at American DD than German DD because it took me forever to stop trying to force being able to use my hydro offensively, but I use them very similarly to each other.  Dominate caps, dominate enemy DDs, act as a screen for my guys so they feel safe enough to keep backing me up, then make life difficult when the enemy can no longer really get eyes on me.

Edited by Deviathan

Sign in to follow this