You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
STOGGYRETURNS

Coal super containers "lite" on the pay out

27 comments in this topic

[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
11,146 battles

Do the coal super containers seem lite on the pay out economically speaking at 15,000? 

EXAMPLES:
100 India Yankee super container drop is worth 32,000 coal
50 Frosty Fir Tree super container is worth 46,000 coal
100 India X-Ray Super container is worth 48,000 coal

For me it seems like it is a poor reward compared to what you'd spend it on. I make that judgement using a "comparable" system to evaluate.

• Cool 3

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,122 posts
4,270 battles

at least coal give you the option to buy whatever you want. but ya, I wish they increase the amount to at least 20-30k

• Cool 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,891 posts
5,674 battles

With coal, the difference is made up by the versatility. Special mods, camos, containers, and ships are all available.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,315 posts
13,044 battles

No No No, You have it all wrong!

What you pay them is not what they reward/give you in return … How would they ever make money with that kind of crazy logic :)

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles
1 hour ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

Do the coal super containers seem lite on the pay out economically speaking at 15,000? 

EXAMPLES:

For me it seems like it is a poor reward compared to what you'd spend it on. I make that judgement using a "comparable" system to evaluate.

Someone posted on Reddit about the relative worth of coal in comparison to doubloons, credits, free xp, and cash for the various things for sale in Arsenal for coal. Signal flags were the worst to buy for coal and quite expensive in comparison to the other currency options. Personally I am none too impressed with Arsenal, just ignoring it until something shows up there that I don't have or am interested in acquiring. 

• Cool 4

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,401 posts
9,561 battles

That's just the 'regular' price for flags...   Geez..  400 coal for ONE flag??

They will go on sale for 75% off and folks will scoop them up thinking it's a bargain at 100 coal.  Oh wait...  That's a bad deal too...  lol

• Cool 1

Members
2,122 posts

I told them in a survey they sent me, that coal prices are bad. Maybe they will listen or maybe they will ignore. As it is now... Getting coal is bad... Unless you want a ship.

• Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles

WG is really stingy about some things they give in SC's. I guess there are low end SC's, middle and high end SC's. I know I value some, more than others.

[5IN]
Members
1,790 posts
8,125 battles
55 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Someone posted on Reddit about the relative worth of coal in comparison to doubloons, credits, free xp, and cash for the various things for sale in Arsenal for coal. Signal flags were the worst to buy for coal and quite expensive in comparison to the other currency options. Personally I am none too impressed with Arsenal, just ignoring it until something shows up there that I don't have or am interested in acquiring. 

I feel the same way.  Just not really all that interested.  I've looked at it twice, but thats about it.  

B

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles
9 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

I told them in a survey they sent me, that coal prices are bad. Maybe they will listen or maybe they will ignore. As it is now... Getting coal is bad... Unless you want a ship.

The only ship that I can get in the Whole Armada is the Salem (I mean when I have enough coal). I would still rather not get coal in a SC at all. I get it in every day crates already. 15,000 coal in a SC would really be a let down after seeing a Super Crate being winched down. I might consider 50,000 or 100,000 a bit better, but it would still be a let down over other SC rewards.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
55 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Agreed. The only thing that I can afford in the Arsenal that is a decent price that interests me are the containers, though in my opinion they ought to add more collection containers than just 3 collection container types.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
498 posts
5,581 battles

...I think all the spotter plane mods make me gitty whenever I get anything that's NOT another one lol. At least you can spend coal however you want :Smile_coin:

[AXANR]
263 posts
11,146 battles
38 minutes ago, HeathenForay said:

...I think all the spotter plane mods make me gitty whenever I get anything that's NOT another one lol. At least you can spend coal however you want :Smile_coin:

OMG yes!! When I get a module out of a super container I get :Smile_sad: and feel jipped. At least in the Arsenal the modules are 12,750 + coupon and they tell you when you are going to get your next coupon so you don't have to wonder if you will get another coupon.You will but you have to wait a bit or pay the full 17,000 on the next one if you can't wait. With the advent of the Arsenal I'd like to see modules removed from the super containers as well as flags and camos. I'd like to see the coal super container tripled to 45,000 coal so if we choose to select a mixed grab bag of stuff instead of a fixed almost upsetting reward we let the player decide what would make him happy with in that budget. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Although I have not Played WoWs since I finished the Indy Grind. Coal Has not Captured my Attention nor Greed.

And the Lack Luster Prizes of the last 2 1/2 Years has Officially Burned out any interest in Grinding for anything.

Call me Lazy , I am just simply no Longer Motivated to log in everyday and Play. 

Besides If I stay away for a few Months I get Free S**T for doing absolutely Nothing. { Beats Grinding for it }

[PSP]
Members
6,226 posts
8,857 battles
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Signal flags were the worst to buy for coal 

I buy the credits signals, which allow me to play tier x ships at a break-even point on a non-Premium account.

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles
40 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Although I have not Played WoWs since I finished the Indy Grind. Coal Has not Captured my Attention nor Greed.

And the Lack Luster Prizes of the last 2 1/2 Years has Officially Burned out any interest in Grinding for anything.

Call me Lazy , I am just simply no Longer Motivated to log in everyday and Play. 

Besides If I stay away for a few Months I get Free S**T for doing absolutely Nothing. { Beats Grinding for it }

I can understand that, the constant grinding of something is just getting old.

The introduction of Arsenal was a lost opportunity for injecting some excitement into the game. Putting a new or maybe a rare ship in the shop at launch would have caused considerable buzz and given it a nice kick off. Instead they just put in the ships that were earned for free, old tired ships, and the cherry on top, a "meh" ship that was so expensive that I would imagine most players just kind of look at it as something almost unobtainable. Heck I have played every day for two years solid and from the amount of coal that generated, it will take me 4 more years of playing every single day to have enough coal to buy it....  And it is a crap ship......

[BUOY]
Members
174 posts
7,821 battles
3 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I can understand that, the constant grinding of something is just getting old.

The introduction of Arsenal was a lost opportunity for injecting some excitement into the game. Putting a new or maybe a rare ship in the shop at launch would have caused considerable buzz and given it a nice kick off. Instead they just put in the ships that were earned for free, old tired ships, and the cherry on top, a "meh" ship that was so expensive that I would imagine most players just kind of look at it as something almost unobtainable. Heck I have played every day for two years solid and from the amount of coal that generated, it will take me 4 more years of playing every single day to have enough coal to buy it....  And it is a crap ship......

IMO, it was a pretty big mistake of them to introduce the Arsenal BEFORE the dedicated resource crate with the guaranteed coal drop. It was also a mistake to tie the retroactive coal reward to oil rather than achievements or # of battles played i.e. things everyone could get.

Beta Testers
1,323 posts
3,585 battles

I think the aresenal is only useful as long as coal and steel are the only limited currencies. It seems that more will be on the according to Sea group only images available nothing more at present. I see coal as only being useful for Camo since Wargaming has mysteriously decided to pull individual camo bundles since I think May or June. I have no desire for Salem nor do I like seeing Steel in the game. At the end of the day I think clans were short changed the most I think only 2 out of 3 flags were ever available for Stalingrad and now they switched it to steel. Wargaming makes money by prolonging the grind and they are doing this by making more free xp ships in the game. I am of the opinion that free xp should be strategically used to get modules out of the way. Just my thoughts 

[AXANR]
263 posts
11,146 battles

My only desire for Salem is to collect it because collecting tier X's for the sack off is about all I got left to motivate me. When that ran dry in tanks at 13 tier X's and an impossible series of asks to get that special tier X came out . I was like nah F-this i'm out. Warships became a serious game around then and I never looked back. Only reason I play planes is for the "Play to Pay" for 30 days premium option. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,401 posts
9,561 battles

Got my first Radar module off the Arsenal.

Those special modules have always been fleeting in either how much I would have to grind for them (ranked/fire-water), or how infrequent they dropped from SC.

I'm thankful there is now a method of getting what I need without a major investment of my time/life.

As for the other stuff...   meh..  whatever.  The Aigle might be nice.  Got a Kraken on that in my alt account.

• Cool 1

[AXANR]
263 posts
11,146 battles
16 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

As for the other stuff...   meh..  whatever.  The Aigle might be nice.  

Yubari is the only ship in there besides Salem, Flint, Black that I don't have. Mostly because I wouldn't play it. To a player like me it is garbage unless there is some kind of special operation content designed around it.

[AHOY_]
Members
183 posts
6,872 battles
On 7/12/2018 at 5:08 PM, STOGGYRETURNS said:

EXAMPLES:

Yea, It is worth something to have choice including ships but I think a bump to 20-25k might have better balance.

[AXANR]
263 posts
11,146 battles
13 minutes ago, Tour_du_Reims said:

Yea, It is worth something to have choice including ships but I think a bump to 20-25k might have better balance.

I don't really have a choice in ships. All that I can really get is the Salem. Steel is unobtainable in a reasonable amount of time. Once I get the Salem and some ship mods I will have no use for it. I will collect the coal until something changes. 

[AHOY_]
Members
183 posts
6,872 battles
1 hour ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

I don't really have a choice in ships. All that I can really get is the Salem. Steel is unobtainable in a reasonable amount of time. Once I get the Salem and some ship mods I will have no use for it. I will collect the coal until something changes. 

True. I have no doubt that it will expand and change over time. Part of the problem for you is that you are a rare player that has, from what you say, done and attained everything. The only thing for you to do if that is actually the case is beat yourself. See if your wr for July can be 1% higher than for June for instance. Ultimately this is the only real goal anybody can have in any endeavor, but we will not go there. The other option is set and attain goals irl. If you are a high achiever here there is a good chance that a basis is available to achieve highly elsewhere. You may need to polish a few different facets up but even coming up with a worthy goal irl can be harder than achieving everything in this game.

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles
2 hours ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

Yubari is the only ship in there besides Salem, Flint, Black that I don't have. Mostly because I wouldn't play it. To a player like me it is garbage unless there is some kind of special operation content designed around it.

Just a note, the Yubari is ok, I expected a Kuma-like ship but it plays more like a faster Katori with crappier torpedo arcs. It only has defensive AA, no hydro, so makes it pretty situational. When there is a carrier in the game, the Yubari is great. If not, it is pretty much "meh". Had I to do it all over again I wouldn't have bothered with her, the Kuma is far superior.